Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballwa44

The first two continuities, judging by Easter-themed idents are from April 2003. I find it quite interesting that the "Connect your favourite programmes" filler at 0:48 was used as a promo for shows available in Hungarian from 16:00 CET. For comparsion, the Polish version of the promo was more generic, but the translation was also mishandled (probably a bit more than in Hungarian versions, where Bubbles was accidentaly refered to as a male):
Is it currently known how the Romanian audio track handled this promo, by any chance? I also wonder how the following promo was aired on the other tracks:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I have a theory why Teen Titans never aired on Flemish television.

Maybe the broadcasting rights got acquired by VT4 (SBS), but they never bothered to air it. This is something they did a lot: they announced Grossology, The Amazing Spiez, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody etc. but never aired it.

In 2011, Woestijnvis buys VT4 and they slowly start airing cartoons that were bought by SBS such as Grossology and The Amazing Spiez. They also started airing Legion of Superheroes, Ed Edd n Eddy, Squirrel Boy, Juniper Lee and Captain Flamingo, which might have been bought by SBS as well. Suddenly there were so many "new" old cartoons. They couldn't air The Suite Life of Zack and Cody anymore. They had lost the broadcasting rights to it, and besides, Disney Channel had launched already.

I bet that's what happened with Teen Titans. It aired in English with subtitles in the Netherlands, so that's how it would have aired on VT4. Maybe it was planned to premiere in 2006, but 2005 was the last year they bothered premiering cartoons in English. (until 2013 when Legion of Superheroes etc. premiered)

This is the only sane reason why we got so many Warner Bros cartoons including Legion of Superheroes and freaking Baby Looney Tunes in English (on VIER and VTM, respectively), but not the waaaaaay more popular Teen Titans.

Don't get me wrong, I like Legion of Superheroes and don't like Teen Titans, but from a business point of view, Teen Titans was more interesting to air because of its popularity.

This is just a hypothesis of course.

Last edited:

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
1: Boomerang asia starts with new segmen called Boomerang Playground. to showing a full lot tons about boomerang preschool show like baby looney tones, alice & lewis, mush mush and many more. next future maybe this will become blok cartoonito

Capture_2021_03_07_22_51_56_350.png

2: To celebrate international womans day, Boomerang asia will airing all stars girls weekends such airing dc superhero girls movie.

3: Boomerang will show segmen maraton called Pat the dog + Scooby Doo And Mighty Might in 23 march 2021 and new episode scooby doo and guess who in 6 march 2021 source:

Bonus: Looks like last episode The Gumball Chronicles has be leaked to air in CN APAC

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Next month will mark the seventh anniversary of the relaunched Cartoon Network +1, so here's the video for Cartoon Network Too transisitioning into Cartoon Network +1.

Andrescus

Banned
Is it currently known how the Romanian audio track handled this promo, by any chance? I also wonder how the following promo was aired on the other tracks:

I think they handled the promo in Romanian, i have a promo of Duck Dodgers in January 1st 2005

CN UK have recently (not exactly sure when) added Regular Show to the daily daytime schedule, and not just for school days either - it's airing every day. Before, it only aired for an hour daily at a 9pm primetime slot. Additionally, they will be rerunning the RS movie at 10am, which I find quite odd, but I'm not complaining

CN UK have recently (not exactly sure when) added Regular Show to the daily daytime schedule, and not just for school days either - it's airing every day. Before, it only aired for an hour daily at a 9pm primetime slot. Additionally, they will be rerunning the RS movie at 10am, which I find quite odd, but I'm not complaining
Correction: they are only adding Regular Show to the daytime schedule today, which makes this whole situation even weirder. Maybe a trial run to see how Regular Show will do well at a daytime slot currently? It's not the first time CN UK has done stuff like that

Walker

CN Europe handover loop (2006-2010)
Cartoon Network Turkey, showed that 6 every morning ( 2008-2011 ) . I wonder if you have the song Pump It (featuring Cartoon Network characters)? I only have audio recording but unfortunately there is no video.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Cartoon Network Turkey, showed that 6 every morning ( 2008-2011 ) . I wonder if you have the song Pump It (featuring Cartoon Network characters)? I only have audio recording but unfortunately there is no video.
Sorry, I do not have any CN recordings from that time :( It would be better if I had some.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
This thread soon approaches 1K messages, so anyone who sees this will need to open the 10th thread.

J10

When reaching page 51, or going to 1000, we'll go to another thread.

Thank you all for reading this thread.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Honestly, closing the thread when there's just a couple of posts left before getting to one thousand isn't a huge problem. I'd recommend remembering that we do normally close this thread and move to a new version once we get to a thousand posts, but it isn't a big deal to be a couple of posts early either and anyone can make a new thread for this topic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts