Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

At 12:00 PM, CN Arabia was airing Tom & Jerry Marathon until 23:00 KSA, while CN MENA is airing Adventure Time Marathon since 11:00 KSA, and will later then air We Bare Bears: The Movie at about 15:00 KSA.
image.jpg
image.jpg

1609494985652.jpeg

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
00:00 - YorKiddin' bumper
00:06 - ad for Looney Tunes: Back in Action
00:20 - promo for new episodes of Transformers: Armada on Toonami NL (2003)

I have already posted this one in 2013 or so, but it's worth reposting: a DragonBall Z promo from 2001 or 2002 on YorKiddin' presents Cartoon Network.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Victor and Valentino will not air because I was thinking a line set by the unsuitable conditions in Turkey. It seems that there will be a lot of censorship now that it is airing. Scooby Doo and Guess Who, I didn't expect it to air either. According to the schedule, 7 new episodes will be released. I added the episode titles to the scooby doo fandom site.
And what could be considered that offensive about Victor and Valentino for a channel like CN Turkey? They don't want to offend Mexican culture (like what the USA WarnerMedia does currently to the Speedy Gonzales Looney Tunes shorts)? They think children would get quickly scared by those supernatural creatures or Chubacabra? If we will be on the same boat as Turkey in regards to the management team, then I clearly don't want the Turkish regulations and censors to affect CN CEE too! Definetly!

Have they not reached "Villainy in Monte Macabre" yet?
Will have to see once I receive the Excel file of the February CN CEE schedule, as new episodes of Vic and Val will air on CN CEE until 5th February.

Surprised to see that CN RSEE is now airing Grizzy and the Lemmings, at 06.00 cet, for a full hour. Also The Tom and Jerry Show is back on schedule again.
Just wasted airtime when they already have Boomerang CEE to air it.... I know it may be because not everyone receives Boomerang there, but.... just how many more households are currently left that don't have Boomerang CEE in the territories covered by RSEE?

I have already posted this one in 2013 or so, but it's worth reposting: a DragonBall Z promo from 2001 or 2002 on YorKiddin' presents Cartoon Network.
I think that Dragonball filler was aired on other CN feeds too.

BTW, I am sure glad the multiple reactions to the thread posts are back on this forum! They are surely a great part when it comes to Toonzone/AnimeSuperhero Forums, and I am glad someone found a way to restore them (for some time they were available, but I received errors when trying to give different reactions than the "Like" thumb). They are a good way of representing our irony and sarcasm on this site, when it's the case :D

Happy new 2021 year, everyone!!! :)

Last edited:
And what could be considered that offensive about Victor and Valentino for a channel like CN Turkey? They don't want to offend Mexican culture (like what the USA WarnerMedia does currently to the Speedy Gonzales Looney Tunes shorts)? They think children would get quickly scared by those supernatural creatures or Chubacabra? If we will be on the same boat as Turkey in regards to the management team, then I clearly don't want the Turkish regulations and censors to affect CN CEE too! Definetly!
IIRC it is forbidden to depict ghosts or other supernatural beings in Islam, although that hasn't stopped them in the past.

ballwa44

Not only on CN CEE, but on Boomerang CEE too. They also swapped the Romanian and Hungarian tracks of:
- the Duck Dodgers episode "The Green Loontern" (though in this case it was the Romanian and Polish dubs switched; when Boomerang CEE aired the episode, as I recall, the Polish dub remained on both the PL and RO tracks....)
- the Bananas in Pyjamas episode "Moving" (CGI series)
- one episode of the 2005 Gerald McBoing-Boing series
- the Dreamworks Dragons episode "Thawfest"
- the Chowder episode "Weekend at Shnitzel’s / Taste Buds"
- the first episode of Total Drama: Pahkitew Island (only on the premiere, though)
- since 2019, one episode of Baby Looney Tunes also had this problem on Boomerang CEE (""Mind Your Manners / Petunia the Piggy Bank") also started having this problem, while it didn't have messed audiotracks before
The Mr Bean episode "Flat Pack" also has the Romanian and Hungarian tracks swapped.
Also, happy new year everyone!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Comedy Central Flanders started airing new episodes of Adventure Time. (season 5-9 and maybe even 10) I don't know if they have aired "Wake Up", "Escape From the Citadel", "The Tower" and "Breezy".

GermanGem

Comedy Central Flanders started airing new episodes of Adventure Time. (season 5-9 and maybe even 10) I don't know if they have aired "Wake Up", "Escape From the Citadel", "The Tower" and "Breezy".
This Episodes are not Dubbed in some Countrys, or?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
This Episodes are not Dubbed in some Countrys, or?
Finn's arm fell off. It isn't dubbed in any European country.

Comedy Central airs Adventure Time in English with Dutch subtitles, so there can't be any dubbing problems.

ballwa44

Finn's arm fell off. It isn't dubbed in any European country.

Comedy Central airs Adventure Time in English with Dutch subtitles, so there can't be any dubbing problems.
Or rather, just like every other banned episode of every other show, the dubs are produced, despite the channel not airing them. Has been confirmed by dubbing crew members in the past.

J10

This week on Cartoon Network Arabic:
  • Clarence now appears on regular weekdays schedule, after being aired during overnight programming over the past months. It's nowadays aired at 16:45 KSA during weekdays.
  • Friendship is Dynamic replaces CN Superheroes, at the same time, 14:30 KSA on Weekdays.
  • Regular Show slot on Weekends is changed to 21:25 KSA, instead of 21:55-22:05 KSA, during weekends; replacing Gumball. They'll have a slot during Friendship is Dynamic at 15:15 KSA, during Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays only. While Gumball will air on Mondays and Wednesdays at the same during the block. The CN Off-Air slot is unchanged.
  • OK K.O.! is back during weekends, replacing Regular Show, at 22:05 KSA.
  • Apple & Onion is the only show to have new episodes at 16:00 KSA, with reruns at 14:30 KSA, 17:05 KSA, 18:15 KSA, 19:20 KSA, and 20:25 KSA during weekdays, and 11:50 KSA, 15:20 KSA, and 19:20 KSA during weekends.
  • DC SuperHero Girls is being removed from channel.
  • Cartoon Network Popcorn Block is moved from Sunday, and now its aired on Fridays at 12:30 KSA with now having a rerun for the film at 18:30 KSA. The channel has aired yesterday one of the Scooby-Doo movies that used to be aired on the channel. Its been a while the channel didn't air Scooby-Doo movies. Next week, they'll air Over The Garden Wall at the same time.
  • CWACOM is back to the channel again at 17:30 KSA during weekdays after long absence.
EDIT:
Saturday Action has returned back again to CN Arabic, but without any promotion nor announcement.

Last edited:

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Or rather, just like every other banned episode of every other show, the dubs are produced, despite the channel not airing them. Has been confirmed by dubbing crew members in the past.

It's true. The censored episodes are also dubbed.
That's why, "James Baxter the Horse" was released on HBO GO in CEE countries.

CNC

IIRC it is forbidden to depict ghosts or other supernatural beings in Islam, although that hasn't stopped them in the past.
CN Turkey: *refuses to air Victor and Valentino* because you can't depict ghosts in Islamic culture
Also CN Turkey: *airs Regular Show that features a ghost character in it*

A ViacomCBS channel that only targets adults......airing a WarnerMedia show for children? :eek::eek::eek:

bezbebeknana

CN Turkey: *refuses to air Victor and Valentino* because you can't depict ghosts in Islamic culture
Also CN Turkey: *airs Regular Show that features a ghost character in it*

CN Turkey's failure to air Victor and Valentino is not Islam, ghosts or any other reason. Victor and Valentino started in early January but were taken off the air as of this week. Currently, CN Turkey's schedule consists almost entirely of Boomerang and various external production line-ups. It doesn't air its own original series. The reason is not religiously or technically based on censorship. You know that Cartoon Network broadcasts free to air on satellite in Turkey and is watched by almost every child living in Turkey. Therefore, they choose the series that is airing to the viewers to appeal the most and the series that gets the most advertising. The channel must run ads to make money. In Turkey, the audience of 6-11 years in general watches Cartoon Network. For this reason, series are chosen according to their tastes and likes. Turkey's economy is not very good, and Cartoon Network needs to pay a lot of money to get the licence to its original series, and Cartoon Network Turkey doesn't do this because the audience of 6-11 years does not like these series. Yes, for those who watch and follow the original series, the series are still bought, but still their TV ratings are very low. Instead of paying too much for original series, they deals with local distributors or cheap mass Series distributors in Europe and buys series or movies. (Ex. FILMA/Rainbow SpA: ''Winx Club, 44 Cats'' episodes and movies together) They've been buying new movies for airing lately, and these movies aren't very expensive movies. (Dolphin Kick, Adventures of Rufus: Fantastic Pet, Gummi T..) The original series also contained scenes and content that would not suit every viewer. Turkey's television supervisory board fined the channel for some scenes, and it was enough to keep the original series in the background for airing. But Cartoon Network is still the home of these series, but I don't think we'll see any more original series in the coming periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts