Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Unfortunately no, the channel will still be subject to UK regulations, the Czech licence only exists to ensure legal carriage of the channel via streaming after the Brexit transition period has ended, WarnerMedia only filed for satellite licenses for countries that did not sign the 1989 Council of Europe broadcasting treaty. As the stream is a clone of the feed via satellite, it will also be subject to the same rules.

There maybe some good news however, WarnerMedia Poland is now treated seperately, but with some affiliation with the German operations, whether this means Poland will continue to receive the additional edits imposed by the German team, I do not know.

CN UK very rarely uses fillers as the channel is fully ad-supported, plus sponsorships. However during the COVID-19 lockdown in the summer, there were these Adventure Time music video fillers, Lamput shorts, as well as Lockdown Dropdown due to the drop in ad revenue.
I didn't know there were fillers during the beginning of the lockdown , on CN UK or on any other British channel, but it makes sense. During that time I saw many channels, particularly kids channels, choosing more "irregular" times, and not just in the UK.

On CN UK they only kept a 30 minutes based schedule during peak times, and that was just for an easier viewing.

Also @RegularCapital when are we supposed to see changes fdue to the new teams kicking in?
It seems business as usual as for now , with German team controlling CN CEE, RSEE and NL

WowWowWow

The Greatest Hero in Ooo
Unfortunately no, the channel will still be subject to UK regulations, the Czech licence only exists to ensure legal carriage of the channel via streaming after the Brexit transition period has ended, WarnerMedia only filed for satellite licenses for countries that did not sign the 1989 Council of Europe broadcasting treaty. As the stream is a clone of the feed via satellite, it will also be subject to the same rules.

There maybe some good news however, WarnerMedia Poland is now treated seperately, but with some affiliation with the German operations, whether this means Poland will continue to receive the additional edits imposed by the German team, I do not know.

CN UK very rarely uses fillers as the channel is fully ad-supported, plus sponsorships. However during the COVID-19 lockdown in the summer, there were these Adventure Time music video fillers, Lamput shorts, as well as Lockdown Dropdown due to the drop in ad revenue.
What filler was most common?

RegularCapital

Staff member
I didn't know there were fillers during the beginning of the lockdown , on CN UK or on any other British channel, but it makes sense. During that time I saw many channels, particularly kids channels, choosing more "irregular" times, and not just in the UK.

On CN UK they only kept a 30 minutes based schedule during peak times, and that was just for an easier viewing.

Also @RegularCapital when are we supposed to see changes fdue to the new teams kicking in?
It seems business as usual as for now , with German team controlling CN CEE, RSEE and NL
A lot of these changes were announced early this month, but I would expect the changes will be fully implemented in the new year. As for other kids channels, I disliked Disney Channel's way of handling the situation, by airing the same promos in every break, but I guess the people running the channel didn't care that much knowing that they're about to lose their jobs.

What filler was most common?
From what I seen, probably Dropdown Lockdown and Lamput.

WowWowWow

The Greatest Hero in Ooo
Lamput briefly aired on Boomerang before being removed! Does it still air during the dead-land hours?

Francisque

At least the situation was not as abysmal as the current transnational channels (so excluding Poland, which is run more decently) run by a German team, especially during many opt outs, where they run the same fillers over and over.
I wonder why is this the case, especially for smaller countries like Hungary and Bulgaria? Probably the Munich team is not able to get more adverts ready for these countries

Yes, they have learned to diversify the fillers a little bit, but still boring .

And the situation on Boomerang CEE? Where they have two 20 mins back to back shows at the top of the hour and then loads and loads of back to back adverts and fillers from about :42 to :59..
You have to wait at :42 in order to get some continuity!
CN Germany and RSEE are now run similarly.

Just have two 30 minutes block like the British Warner channels, German team, doh!

The British-oriented Nordic team would do much better, but since this Boomerang CEE has been unified with the Boomerang Germany , it'll likely stay with the German team

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

I find it hard to tell. There are always some differences between the monthly higlights, but maybe they are getting more distant?

New on CN NL in January:
-Scooby-Doo movies starting 04/01
-Victor and Valentino S2 starting 18/01

New on CN CEE in January:
-Bakugan: Armored Alliance starting 09/01
-Victor and Valentino S2 starting 25/01

I don't think CN FR does monthly highlights. Of course, it will take a while before the highlights can look more similar. I think CN FR has yet to air Craig of the Creek S2.2, for instance. (or Wikipedia might not be up-to-date)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Since January 1st, 2020, "Ad Alliance" has been managing the ads for almost all kids channels in the Netherlands: CN, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, RTL Telekids and RTL7.

This will change starting January 15th, 2021. "Bionic Media" will take over the Dutch ads on CN.

Remarkable: Bionic Media uses a video uploaded by @Markus Nelis.

The Belgian ads are still managed by MyTransfer.

burak822

CN Turkey, will airing films for Christmas.

• Barbie Princess Adventure
  • We Bare Bears: The Movie
  • Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold
  • Ben 10: Versus the Universe
  • Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon
  • The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-WrestleMania!
  • Oggy and the Cockroaches: The Movie
  • Adventure Time: Distant Lands (BMO)

burak822

Cartoon Network Turkey in January 2021

New Show: Victor and Valentino, Bakugan: Armored Alliance and New Episodes Kral Şakir

Boomerang Turkey in January 2021
New episodes Scooby Doo and Guess Who? (season 2 part 2)

All starts January 4, 2021.

What does CN UK mostly use as filler
During late nights and early mornings when they have no adverts, they usually air old filler often from around 4.0 but some date all the way back to 1.0 (like a really odd Ice King themed promo promoting a part of the CN UK site about Adventure Time Princesses, a page that doesn't even exist anymore). Seems like they haven't cleared their filler queue for a few years, although they do add more filler to it every so often. They also occasionally air the Dimensional logo filler loop, which also airs at 6am daily when the playout system reboots.

Francisque

I'm surprised they do that , on CN UK.

On CN Italy they just air 1 or 2 promos and generic bumpers overnight, that's all

RegularCapital

Staff member
Quite possibly the first signs of the new Italy/Spain/Portugal group, Boing ES has returned to Twitter and there's now one for Cartoon Network Portugal (CN PT isn't verified on Twitter, but it made an appearance in the upfront video from not so long ago).

I'm surprised they do that , on CN UK.

On CN Italy they just air 1 or 2 promos and generic bumpers overnight, that's all

From what I seems they only air promos and bumpers then straight into the next programme, but there could be the odd filler.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Why does the playout system restart at 6 AM

It doesn't, it's filler to fill in remaining seconds before 6am to keep the day schedule in sync, as there's no ad breaks during the night, mostly bumpers and promos. 6am also coincides with the start of the legal broadcast day and when CN's ad supported hours start.

Quite possibly the first signs of the new Italy/Spain/Portugal group, Boing ES has returned to Twitter and there's now one for Cartoon Network Portugal (CN PT isn't verified on Twitter, but it made an appearance in the upfront video from not so long ago).

From what I seems they only air promos and bumpers the straight into the next programme, but there could be the odd filler.
Usually the filler airs around 1am-5am, although it's a bit less common recently. Sometimes, filler can air as early as 9pm though.

It doesn't, it's filler to fill in remaining seconds before 6am to keep the day schedule in sync, as there's no ad breaks during the night, mostly bumpers and promos. 6am also coincides with the start of the legal broadcast day and when CN's ad supported hours start.
It also serves as a buffer for when new promos, bumpers or rebrands are added to the channel.

I'm certain I've seen adverts air at 5am before oddly, this was around 2018, I haven't seen ads air at that time since, wonder if it was some sort of airing error.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Usually the filler airs around 1am-5am, although it's a bit less common recently. Sometimes, filler can air as early as 9pm though.

It also serves as a buffer for when new promos, bumpers or rebrands are added to the channel.

I'm certain I've seen adverts air at 5am before oddly, this was around 2018, I haven't seen ads air at that time since, wonder if it was some sort of airing error.

It's a never ending playlist that is constantly being added to all the time, new promos and rebrands don't need to be applied manually at one point in time. Rebrands can be tested, but tweaks are made during rebrand day to correct any issues for example banner positioning and broadcast timing flags.

I've also seen ads at 5am, thanks to the continuity recordings I've made. I guess they were testing the viability of early morning ads on the channel, it seems some advertisers were interested at the time.

Francisque

Although it seems they now start airing adverts at 5am already, going by the fact they already have a 30 mins based schedule from 5am (with Ben 10, currently).

Probably so that because of CN+1, so that they have adverts at 6am there

(Similar story for the Nickelodeon channels)
It's a never ending playlist that is constantly being added to all the time, new promos and rebrands don't need to be applied manually at one point in time. Rebrands can be tested, but tweaks are made during rebrand day to correct any issues for example banner positioning and broadcast timing flags.

I've also seen ads at 5am, thanks to the continuity recordings I've made. I guess they were testing the viability of early morning ads on the channel, it seems some advertisers were interested at the time.

CN Italy is similar

This is from before 6am,.. yes, it's old, but little has changed, they even still have the same filler

Although they start go ad-heavy from 7am, really

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Today's been 10 years that CN Italy use CHECK IT 1.0 in NEXT ident

Exactly 10 years ago it was launched the new logo in Italy:

Was this bumper made before Disney acquired Marvel? I can only think it would make sense for the Marvel logo to appear in this reel if it was the case.
In the Dutch version, it wasn't censored. Unfortunately, Nom Nom and Chloe had new voice actors and Chloe sounded like an old woman. (Kim van Zeben was used instead of Elaine Hakkaart)
The Romanian dubbing of the We Bare Bears movie kept the initial cast for the characters (even for babies Grizz and Panda), except for Chloe and Tabes. Chloe used to have the RO voice of Verginia Rotariu, but Alexandra Rotaru took her place in the movie, which maked her now sound older than she is (like a teenager). She still didn't get through puberty, that's for sure! Idk who dubbed Tabes in the movie, though.
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but the Thundercats Roar episode "Eclipsorr" aired in Danish on the Hungarian track of CN CEE yesterday and today. I doubt this issue will be fixed, well, ever, as I don't see CN rerunning the show for long.

You could say that episode never got a proper Hungarian dubbed premiere...
The same situation like how back in 2018, a Grizzy and The Lemmings episode ("Animal Pics") aired on Boomerang CEE with European Spanish "dubbing" on the Romanian track. Idk if they fixed it, though....
CN HQ FOR MANY REASONS....
DURING THE City era of the brand, they wanted to do like a hybrid between the Block bumpers and the City bumpers. The result was the 1992-2004 CN logo appearing on the City bumpers (including the Blooregard “It’s ART” bumper in which he painted the checkerboard logo instead of the redesigned one) Also I recall CN PL one of the only channels to keep the 1992-2004 logo during 2005 (and early-2006 when BEN 10 (Classic) premiered in Europe)

For example Camp Lazlo was Dubbed into Polish when CN PL had the hybrid Block/City bumpers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Idk what hybrid you are referring to. In 2004-2005, CN CEE/Poland premiered the first CN shows part of the USA City era, but during the time CEE was still in the Blocks era. I think the last show to premiere on CN CEE during the Castillas era was Robotboy, as that was during the final days of that era.

When the City era started, our channel continued to air some old fillers from the Castillas era with the replaced CN logo (like the Music filler, the one where the Looney Tunes, MGM and Hanna-Barbera are dancing over classical music through the letters of the logo or the Club Plaza one filler), some of which looked outdated because of most of the shows not being aired anymore at that time (plus some were always outdated as many H-B or MGM cartoons whose clips were put there were never aired by CN CEE). I think they got rid of them completely around 2007. I do not recall any City bumper or ident being aired on CN CEE before the era started, with the older logo put instead.
Reminds me of when they always aired 2 episodes of Ed, Edd n Eddy, one episode of Foster's and the first episode of Ben 10 in romanian in Hungary, while in Romania they aired those in hungarian.
Not only on CN CEE, but on Boomerang CEE too. They also swapped the Romanian and Hungarian tracks of:
- the Duck Dodgers episode "The Green Loontern" (though in this case it was the Romanian and Polish dubs switched; when Boomerang CEE aired the episode, as I recall, the Polish dub remained on both the PL and RO tracks....)
- the Bananas in Pyjamas episode "Moving" (CGI series)
- one episode of the 2005 Gerald McBoing-Boing series
- the Dreamworks Dragons episode "Thawfest"
- the Chowder episode "Weekend at Shnitzel’s / Taste Buds"
- the first episode of Total Drama: Pahkitew Island (only on the premiere, though)
- since 2019, one episode of Baby Looney Tunes also had this problem on Boomerang CEE (""Mind Your Manners / Petunia the Piggy Bank") also started having this problem, while it didn't have messed audiotracks before

Only the Ben 10, Gerald and Dragons episodes had the problem fixed.
Africa has nice bumpers
Weren't this also aired two years ago?
Hmmmm... it looks like CN NL gets 8 or 9 new European programs every five years.
We still get just as much European programs as in the past, but they are taken off the air quickly.
They COULD air more European programs at night instead of so much Gumball, but they don't seem to care at all.

List of European programs on CN NL

1997-1999
1) Ivanhoe: The Kings' Knight (1997)
2) Omer and the Starchild (1997)
3) Thomas the Tank Engine (1997)
4) The Fruitties (1997)
5) The Real Story Of... (1997)
6) The Tidings (since 1995 on CN UK/Europe, since the late 90s on CN NL)
7) Bob the Builder (1999)
8) Little Monsters (1999)
2000-2004
1) Mort and Phil (2000)
2) Fat Dog Mendoza (2001)
3) The Cramp Twins (2001)
4) Spaced Out (2003)
2005-2009
1) King Arthur's Disasters (2005)
2) Robotboy (2006)
3) The Amazing Adrenalini Brothers (2007)
4) Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes (2007, Marvel / Moonscoop coproduction)
5) Skunk Fu! (2007, no subtitles)
6) Eliot Kid (2008)
7) Chop Socky Chooks (2008)
8) Best Ed (2009)
2010-2014
1) Hero: 108 (2010)
2) Angelo Rules (2010)
3) The Garfield Show (2011)
4) Ben 10: De Ultieme Uitdaging (2011)
5) Redakai: Conquer the Kairu (2012)
6) Cartoon Network Chcecker (2012)
7) Gormiti: Nature Unleashed (2013)
8) Lego Mixels (2014, Lego / Cartoon Network coproduction)
9) Xiaolin Chronicles (2014, Warner Bros / Lagardère coproduction)
2015-2019
1) Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu (2015, Lego / Warner Bros coproduction)
2) Cartoon Network: GPS Expedition (2015)
3) Die Mega Mega Mega Mega Cartoon Network Show (2016)
4) Angry Birds Toons (2017)
5) The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe (2018)
6) Ben 10 Challenge (2018, was this European?)
7) Lego Unikitty (2018, Lego / Warner Bros coproduction)
8) Piggy Tales (2018)
2020-2024
1) Power Players (2020)
2) Elliott from Earth (2021)
Despite WB owning now Ninjago and Xiaolin Chronicles internationally, they were never involved in funding the coproduction of these two shows.

And I doubt Unikitty does really qualify as an European show, just because it has Lego characters which were licensed. Plus, the Unikitty character was originally made for the Lego movie from WB, and that really isn't considered a European co-production.

Plus, Ninjago isn't an European series anymore since S11 when WildBrain took over the production replacing Wil Film.

All localised versions of Ben 10 Challenge were filmed in Madrid, Spain by La Competencia Productions.
You mean every individual local version was produced only in Spain? :/ Even versions not made for Spain demographics? :/
Cartoon Network Turkey in January 2021

New Show: Victor and Valentino, Bakugan: Armored Alliance and New Episodes Kral Şakir

Boomerang Turkey in January 2021
New episodes Scooby Doo and Guess Who? (season 2 part 2)

All starts January 4, 2021.
Wait, is CN Turkey only premiering Victor and Valentino now???? o_O And about S-D and Guess Who, I am surprised Turkey will be the first country to premiere the last S2 episodes, if that's really the case :oops: But @burak822 , can you tell me the titles of all the episodes which CN Turkey will premiere of S-D Guess Who this January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts