Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Welcome to the ninth edition of the international Cartoon Network thread. This is the place to discuss Cartoon Network channels outside the U.S.

Previous thread

animegamer

Turner India has accidentally published CN Pakistan’s schedule on CN HD+, so finally I am able to get their full schedule for Sunday and weekdays. It was impossible to find until now and schedule information is not available on my set top box.

Sunday
12:00am Adventure Time
12:30am Teen Titans Go
1:00am Ben 10 Classic
2:00am Be Cool Scooby Doo
3:00am Mighty Magiswords
3:30am Clarence
4:00am Ben 10 Classic
5:00am Teen Titans Go
5:30am Mighty Magiswords
6:00am Be Cool Scooby Doo
6:30am New Looney Tunes
7:30am Clarence
8:00am Lego Nexo Knights
8:30am Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu
9:00am OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes
9:30am Bunnicula
10:00am Ben 10 Reboot
12:00pm CN Popcorn
1:30pm Tom and Jerry Show
2:30pm CWACOM
3:00pm New Looney Tunes
4:00pm Ben 10 Classic
5:00pm Unikitty
5:30pm Mr. Bean Animated
6:00pm CN Popcorn
7:30pm Tom and Jerry Tales
8:00pm We Bare Bears
8:30pm Teen Titans Go
9:00pm Ben 10 Omniverse
10:00pm Clarence
10:30pm OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes
11:00pm New Looney Tunes

Weekdays
12:00am Adventure Time
12:30am Teen Titans Go
1:00am Ben 10 Classic
2:00am Be Cool Scooby Doo
3:00am Mighty Magiswords
3:30am Clarence
4:00am Ben 10 Classic
5:00am Teen Titans Go
5:30am Mighty Magiswords
6:00am Be Cool Scooby Doo
6:30am New Looney Tunes
7:30am Clarence
8:00am We Bare Bears
9:00am Ben 10 Omniverse
9:30am Tom and Jerry Show
10:30am Gumball
11:00am Oggy
11:30am Grizzy
12:00pm Tom and Jerry Show
1:00pm Scooby Doo Guess Who
1:30pm Mr. Bean Animated
2:30pm Ben 10 Reboot
3:00pm New Looney Tunes
3:30pm Teen Titans Go
4:30pm Tik Tak Tail
5:00pm Tom and Jerry Show
5:30pm Wacky Races
6:00pm Oggy
6:30pm We Bare Bears
7:00pm Mr. Bean Animated
8:00pm Grizzy
8:30pm Scooby Doo
9:00pm Ben 10 Omniverse
10:00pm Tom and Jerry Show
11:00pm Teen Titans Go

RegularCapital

Staff member
Any replacement?

No replacement has been announced yet.

Some upfront info from Corus in Canada:

Teletoon Canada Fall/Autumn 2020 Upfront: New Shows: Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs and Looney Tunes Cartoons. Teletoon Canada Fall/Autumn 2020 Upfront: New seasons of Total Dramarama (26×30), DC Superhero Girls and The Tom and Jerry Show. New episodes of Bakugan: Armored Alliance, ThunderCats Roar, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? and Teen Titans Go!

Adult Swim Canada Fall/Autumn 2020 Upfront: New seasons of Tigtone, Gemusetto Machu Picchu, Lazor Wulf, and the second half of Season 1 of Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal. New seasons of Bob’s Burgers and Family Guy. Also the Season 5 premiere of The Eric Andre Show in late 2020 and a brand new season of Archer will return this broadcast year.

The Not-Too-Late-Show with Elmo is coming to Treehouse TV in Canada later this year, plus a new season of Sesame Street. Esme and Roy (on HBO Max in the U.S.) will also return with a new season, produced by Treehouse's sister company - Nelvana.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Due to a last minute change, or probably an error (I am not sure), CN CEE aired Apple and Onion today at 17.20 CET, when Craig of the Creek was supposed to be aired instead

kb6000

Due to a last minute change, or probably an error (I am not sure), CN CEE aired Apple and Onion today at 17.20 CET, when Craig of the Creek was supposed to be aired instead
Since June 15
Cartoon Network schedule 2020.06.22-28.png
Cartoon Network schedule 2020.06.15-21.png

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

It's good to see them giving more slots to Apple and Onion, but again, a newer show had to suffer and get one of its slots replaced. Why couldn't they replace one of Gumball's or TTG's slots? I get that those are the most watched shows on the channel, but some of the newer shows don't even get a chance to shine. Victor and Valentino and Total DramaRama barely aired on the channel, and got removed right after they finished their first seasons. Thundercats Roar will most likely get a similar fate once it will finish its first season, and so will Apple and Onion and Mao Mao. CN US treats these shows 10 times better. DC Super Hero Girls, Bakugan, Ninjago and Power Players barely if at all ever air. We Bare Bears sometimes gets removed, sometimes it doesn't. Unikitty barely airs now. Ok K.O was horribly mistreated after its first season, and so was the PPG reboot after its 2nd season. Ben 10 and Craig of the Creek are the only newer shows that are treated somewhat well, but they're nowhere near as well treated as TTG and Gumball are.

5YearsOnEastCoast

It's good to see them giving more slots to Apple and Onion, but again, a newer show had to suffer and get one of its slots replaced. Why couldn't they replace one of Gumball's or TTG's slots? I get that those are the most watched shows on the channel, but some of the newer shows don't even get a chance to shine. Victor and Valentino and Total DramaRama barely aired on the channel, and got removed right after they finished their first seasons. Thundercats Roar will most likely get a similar fate once it will finish its first season, and so will Apple and Onion and Mao Mao. CN US treats these shows 10 times better. DC Super Hero Girls, Bakugan, Ninjago and Power Players barely if at all ever air. We Bare Bears sometimes gets removed, sometimes it doesn't. Unikitty barely airs now. Ok K.O was horribly mistreated after its first season, and so was the PPG reboot after its 2nd season. Ben 10 and Craig of the Creek are the only newer shows that are treated somewhat well, but they're nowhere near as well treated as TTG and Gumball are.

Funnily enough, few years ago, international CN's (or at least ones in Europe and Latin America) treated CN shows better than USA CN. For example, I don't know if they showed more than 10 shows for a week in 2015, while in my country they showed around thirty different shows in 1 week.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Funnily enough, few years ago, international CN's (or at least ones in Europe and Latin America) treated CN shows better than USA CN. For example, I don't know if they showed more than 10 shows for a week in 2015, while in my country they showed around thirty different shows in 1 week.
In 2011-2012-ish, the Dutch Cartoon Network always showed over 40 different shows a week, often more than 50. Now it is reduced to 13.

I really wonder what the ratings are. I can't find anything after 2015 for Flanders.
I do know the ones for the Netherlands...

Analog channels (not cumulative, age 6+, week 25, 2020)

NPO3 54 000
RTL8 32 000
Nickelodeon 5 000
Disney XD 2 000
Disney Channel 2 000

Digital channels (cumulative, age 6+, week 25, 2020)

Cartoon Network 653 000
NPO Zappelin extra 526 000
Nick Jr 352 000
RTL Telekids 305 000
Nick Toons 264 000
Nick Music 193 000
Pebble TV 128 000

This second list is quite worthless. All you can say is that Cartoon Network is more popular than Nick Toons. The other channels have too many viewers under the age of 6. You can't compare the two lists.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Actually, Power Players and Bakugan are treated better than they should. They both are action shows, and are given two slots everyday. CN CEE wouldn't do that to an action series, so props to them for that.

Oh yeah, and I actually forgot to say that WBB, despite being gone in May and initially not planned to return in June, actually got put back by CN CEE since last week. They air a double-bill at 16.15 CET everyday. And for your happines, it replaced Gumball :D And A&O, despite starting to be aired since last week, was planned to return from 22nd but only in the mornings. It wouldn't have been until 29th that the show would get another slot, but at 16.50 CET. And Craig would have followed at 17.20 CET. But they seem to have changed the line-up, and decided to remove Craig altogether (now only airing in the mornings). At least we're improving a little. It would have been better if WBB would get a single slot at 16.15 CET, followed by A&O and Craig.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Actually, Power Players and Bakugan are treated better than they should. They both are action shows, and are given two slots everyday. CN CEE wouldn't do that to an action series, so props to them for that.
Very true. Let's not forget what they did with Transformers Cyberverse. Season 3 has already ended in the USA, yet CN CEE/NL haven't even started season 2 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts