Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
In February in Turkey, schools are on semester break (although there is an online class). Therefore, Cartoon Network has prepared a marathon of shows for the semester break and will air some new movies. They went and bought some cheap & unpopular movies while they could use Warner Bros' movie archive. They have a lot of Warner Bros movies but they prefer to air these movies:

-Sune: Sune vs Sune
-Sune: Best Man
-Oddball
-Sunshine Barry and the Disco Worms
-Adventure of A.R.I.: My Robot Friend
-Ritter Trenk
-Space Dogs
-Dolphin Kick
-Who Gets the Dog?
-Yoko
I don't get why they do this. I've heard people say that they air a lot of cheap stuff because it's an FTA channel and they need to maximise ratings, but surely, wouldn't they want to air the more well known stuff if that was the case? How come CN Arabic seems to be doing fine?

bezbebeknana

I don't get why they do this. I've heard people say that they air a lot of cheap stuff because it's an FTA channel and they need to maximise ratings, but surely, wouldn't they want to air the more well known stuff if that was the case? How come CN Arabic seems to be doing fine?
Yeah, sure, they already do.(Although not in the movies...) New Cartoon Network original series are not very popular among children in Turkey, so they air the most watched and popular series. For Example, King Shakir and Mr. Bean. Both so popular in Turkey that children of all ages watch and know it.

J10

Kral Şakir (Shakir the King/Laith the King) will have more episodes dubbed in Arabic, and will be aired by February (expected by mid-February) on CN Arabia.

Last edited:

CNC

Cartoon Network Asia recently premiered the English dub of the KBS animated series Journey of Long (also airing on Cartoon Network Korea) this weekend.

Pictured here is the separate CN Feed for the Philippines. (was too lazy to graph the main Asia feed) Somebody on Twitter finally helped link me to a spreadsheet of the TV schedule for this feed because I couldn't find any TV schedule sites that display this specific feed.

Apparently, they also air Power Rangers, Pokémon (one of the only 2 CN feeds that still air this show, besides Latin America), Tobot, and even Thomas and Friends. Shows that never air on other APAC feeds.

1612075930272.png

ballwa44

Now that CEE has updated those bumpers..........how about they update those outdated, CHECK It 4.0-era "Up Next" bumpers already!!!
They haven't updated those bumpers. They're just used for a temporary block. The regular leaders and bumpers are still the same. Exclamation point. Exclamation point. Excalamation point.

EDIT: I meant to mention this a couple days ago, but CN CEE still hasn't fixed the audio for Bakugan Armored Alliance episode Farewell, Phantom Thief, Part 2 (2x22b), all 4 airings thus far have been in English on the Hungarian track.

Last edited:

Jigglypuff

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
IIRC it is forbidden to depict ghosts or other supernatural beings in Islam, although that hasn't stopped them in the past.
Wrong. Islam has full of supernatural beings. + they are scarier than ghosts. Technically, Turkey doesn't forbid things (TV Shows, Channels) because of supernatural things or religiously. They are generally banning stuff if they think it is against child development. Pokemon has banned for similar reasons. I have no knowledge for CN though.

CNC

Cartoon Network Japan is celebrating "National Cat Day" (that's observed in the country on February 22) by airing different shows starring cats every Sunday (and holidays) in February, under the translated title: "Cartoon Special Cat Cat Month."

Lineup (all times JST):

February 7 @ 10:00a/4:00p - "The Amazing World of Gumball" Day (includes new episodes never before seen in Japan)
February 11 @ 10:00a/4:00p - "Tom and Jerry" Day
February 14 @ 10:00a/4:00p - "Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart"' Day
February 21 @ 10:00a/4:00p - "Bugs Bunny Show" Day (Sylvester & Tweety)
February 22 (aka, "National Cat Day" in Japan) @ 10:00/4:00p - "Cat Day" Day
February 23 @ 3:00p - "Tom and Jerry Show" Day (includes new episodes)
February 28 @ 10:00a/4:00p - "Oggy and the Cockroaches" Day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Maya Rudolph's cool and all, but does she have to be the mom in every animated movie?
Streaker Prower wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
The Reason Why I choose the Disney's One Saturday Morning Name instead of ABC Kids it’s because I don’t want to confused it with the other ABC Kids, The one that airs The Australian Peppa Pig
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of when the 3DS Remake of Ocarina of Time was released in North America. Being able to play one of my favorite video games on the go has been very nice, to say the least.
Yesterday was Charlie Gavin's last day on The Mighty Ones.

Featured Posts