Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
CN NL will bring back Scooby-Doo movies starting January 4th, including "Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster", "Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness", "Scooby-Doo! Big Top Scooby-Doo!", "Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy", "Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow", "Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals" and "Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games". They only seem to air movies from 2010-2020 now.

Hopefully also "Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold" and "Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island".

WowWowWow

The Cartoon Network UK Late-night schedule is a little too predictable! It is just Gumball from midnight to 5am They used to air old European made shows in 2016. I know those shows were probably written off for taxes and that Gumball airs to fufill a European Content Quota but could they please at least try and add at least some variety and some shows that are not Gumball! They already fufill that quota with all that Gumball during the day

Perla Magica

Digital Love
The Cartoon Network UK Late-night schedule is a little too predictable! It is just Gumball from midnight to 5am They used to air old European made shows in 2016. I know those shows were probably written off for taxes and that Gumball airs to fufill a European Content Quota but could they please at least try and add at least some variety and some shows that are not Gumball! They already fufill that quota with all that Gumball during the day
In CN Poland is also Gumball at night to 6 A.M. along with some "NinjaGo". They just don't have any other old shows to fill the night schedule void like they used to, like with "Chop Socky Chooks" or "Angelo Rules" or older CN shows.

I still remember watching "Gadget Boy and Heather" and "The Magic Roundabout" in CN UK transmission from 3 A.M. to 6 A.M. and those were simple times. Times change, now we stuck with only two shows at night.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
They just don't have any other old shows to fill the night schedule void like they used to
They need new European cartoons! Elliott from Earth is not enough, but it's a start.
European feeds with European programs at night:
-CN UK (Gumball)
-CN NL (Gumball, Angelo Rules S4, Ninjago S6)
-CN CEE (Gumball, Angelo Rules S4, Ninjago)
-CN PL (Gumball, Ninjago)
-CN RSEE (Gumball, Angelo Rules, Ninjago)
-CN Italy (Gumball, Robotboy, Power Players)

European feeds without European programs at night:
-CN DE (maybe because of Switzerland?)
-CN FR (maybe because of Switzerland and Africa?)
-CN Nordic (maybe because of Norway and Iceland?)
-CN Turkey (duh)
-CN Portugal (maybe because of Angola and Mozambique?)

I still remember watching "Gadget Boy and Heather" and "The Magic Roundabout" in CN UK transmission from 3 A.M. to 6 A.M. and those were simple times. Times change, now we stuck with only two shows at night.
Gadget Boy and Heather aired here in the early morning hours (06:25), so I wasn't allowed to watch it. It's together with Mike Lu & Og (which aired at 06:00) and most Hanna Barbera cartoons the only programs I never saw on CN (2003-present). The only HB cartoons I saw on CN in the 2000s were The Scooby-Doo Show, Top Cat and The Flintstones.

WowWowWow

Robotboy and Chop Socky Chooks used to air during the late night CN UK schedule up until May 2017 when they were removed! Why did this happen?

RegularCapital

So! when Chop Socky Chooks's license expired. they took Robotboy down with it?

These was a senior management change in June 2017, which was probably the reason why. The change may have happened just before then or at least a transition, but it was in June 2017 when it was reported.

Chop Socky Chooks and Robotboy are CN Europe co-pros, they hold the licence indefinitely unless the IP rights are sold off, only in the instance of them (temporarily) selling off exclusive broadcasting rights, then they can't air them.

There's somewhat of an age limit on the quota, where an adequate amount of the 10% of independent European programming in a broadcast day must be less than five years old, CN meets this requirement with ease, so I can't see why this is the reason. Also at the time, Robotboy was slightly over ten years old (for the first set of episodes) and Chop Socky Chooks was slightly under 10 years old. Both are made by independent studios, CN just commissioned them and are co-pros in the sense of CN's executive content team just offering leadership.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
So! when Chop Socky Chooks's license expired. they took Robotboy down with it?
They aired for 10 years. They had a contract for ten years and that's it.

Each season of Robotboy had a separate contract, which is why Robotboy season 1 was removed first.

This is also why season 4 of Angelo Rules is still airing in Europe. They probably have a 5 year contract (2018-2023).

Italy might have had a longer contract for Robotboy. Either that or they renewed it.
There's an age limit on the quota, where 10% of programming in a broadcast day must be less than five years old
Phew! So we can probably expect a bit less Gumball starting 2024.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

They aired for 10 years. They had a contract for ten years and that's it.

Each season of Robotboy had a separate contract, which is why Robotboy season 1 was removed first.

This is also why season 4 of Angelo Rules is still airing in Europe. They probably have a 5 year contract (2018-2023).

Italy might have had a longer contract for Robotboy. Either that or they renewed it.

Phew! So we can probably expect a bit less Gumball starting 2024.

I've edited my post as I got something slightly wrong, I don't think most seasons of Gumball are independently produced unless any work by Boulder Media and Studio Soi counts.

But anyway, here's where I found that info out: European production quotas

WowWowWow

CN Italy had a TTG pop up channel which was supposed to air nothing but TTG for a full week! There might have been a last minute change to the pop-up's final hours. as the very last hour of the pop up channel aired 4 Robotboy episodes! WarnerMedia likely went back to the original +1 feed early

WowWowWow

Here are the 2 versions of the schedule Original:
Ehl6_CNWoAUKATw.png

Finalized:
Eh0yK0dVkAA52CQ.png

BTW! What happened to CN UK'S Save Christmas Watch and Win Competition. as it was replaced by the Christmas Factory one

RegularCapital

Here are the 2 versions of the schedule Original:View attachment 284958
Finalized:View attachment 284959
BTW! What happened to CN UK'S Save Christmas Watch and Win Competition. as it was replaced by the Christmas Factory one

The competition started to get tired, it ran for three years and as we thought originally thought at the time two years ago Adventure Time was coming to an end. This is the second Christmas with the Christmas Factory competition.

There must be a legal loophole to spam a channel without having to meet the quota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, there is going to be a movie about Karens....
I don't understand this site's obsession with "eras" for cartoon channels. I barely remember yesterday, and my life is a giant blur. How am I supposed to remember the intricacies of various specific television schedules over the years, much less how I felt about them at the time? You guys are totally weird.
Hi all, guess who's back?!
Guys, I have an announcement.

Today, I with my mom are heading to Turkey! Its been 3 years ever since my last vacation, so I'm really glad that my dad saved money for this.

I'm not sure for how it will be, but I'm telling you, it will be sweet :)

We will start with the taxi at 09:30-10:00PM, then bus and the plane. Tomorrow morning we will be in the new hotel!

Hopefully that stupid virus wont be an issue.
Here's what I'm wondering: why is that most, if not all Cartoon Network shows in the 2010's had only 11 minute episodes instead of a half hour or 2 11 minutes episodes like they used to?

Not complaining. Just curious.

Featured Posts