Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Moleoman

CN Poland should go with Polish ones instead of getting Czech license, so they could put and show Polish Ratings on the screen.

If CN Poland had a Polish license, then aside from showing Polish conent ratings, it would have to show a minimal required amount of Polish content (for channels aimed at children up to 15 it's 25% - that is 6 hours daily): Ujawniamy. KRRiTV ogranicza emisję polskich produkcji. Brakuje polskich bajek i piosenek?

Also, applying for a broadcast license in Poland is actually longer and more bureaucratic than in other countries: Po koncesję na Wyspy

RegularCapital

The Fungies will premiere on Cartoon Network UK on Monday 2nd November at 6.30pm. There's also a new game - Fungie Finder.

https://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/show/the-fungies

CNC

The Fungies will premiere on Cartoon Network UK on Monday 2nd November at 6.30pm. There's also a new game - Fungie Finder.

https://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/show/the-fungies
Weren't they supposed to distribute all HBO Max Originals to the UK via Sky or something, in some kind of deal?

RegularCapital

Weren't they supposed to distribute all HBO Max Originals to the UK via Sky or something, in some kind of deal?

Yes, through Sky VOD and NOW TV like they've already been doing (as well as Virgin etc.), however the kids shows will continue to air on Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Cartoonito. The other Max Originals will usually air on Sky Atlantic, Sky Documentaries and Sky Comedy.

NOW TV is the UK's equivalent to HBO Max/Peacock.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Yes, though Sky VOD and NOW TV like they've already been doing (as well as Virgin etc.), however the kids shows will continue to air on Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Cartoonito. The other Max Originals will usually air on Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy and Sky Comedy.

NOW TV is the UK's equivalent to HBO Max/Peacock.
Well, I wouldn't really say Now TV is the UK equivalent to both services and it doesn't really rule out the possibility of HBO Max becoming available there in the near future.

RegularCapital

Well, I wouldn't really say Now TV is the UK equivalent to both services and it doesn't really rule out the possibility of HBO Max becoming available there in the near future.

HBO don't operate their own services where they have a local partner, the only time HBO Max could ever launch in the UK (and possibly in the other countries where Sky operates in Europe) is when the contract expires and is not renewed. Sky has also promised more co-productions with HBO for HBO Max especially after the success they had with Chernobyl.

Knowing that HBO content is one of the main reasons why people subscribe to Sky or Now TV in particular, Sky won't give up the HBO content without a fight. Sky is owned by Comcast, of which, both Sky and Now TV feature programming from NBC, which makes it the UK equivalent to Peacock, unless they're willing to launch Peacock in the UK, I can't see that happening as Sky is the primary brand.

AdrenalineRush1996

HBO don't operate their own services where they have a local partner, the only time HBO Max could ever launch in the UK (and possibly in the other countries where Sky operates in Europe) is when the contract expires and is not renewed. Sky has also promised more co-productions with HBO for HBO Max especially after the success they had with Chernobyl.

Knowing that HBO content is one of the main reasons why people subscribe to Sky or Now TV in particular, Sky won't give up the HBO content without a fight. Sky is owned by Comcast, of which, both Sky and Now TV feature programming from NBC, which makes it the UK equivalent to Peacock, unless they're willing to launch Peacock in the UK, I can't see that happening as Sky is the primary brand.
Well, I can definitely see HBO Max becoming available in the UK with Sky having partial ownership of such thus allowing them to continue airing said content on their channels though that's just me.

Last edited:

J10

You're joking, right? You really want CN Poland to show Polish Ratings on the screen like Nickelodeon PL does?!
Joking?! No, I’m not!!

I was saying that this channel, CN Poland, will have to show the ratings if they get Polish license, and I was just suggesting that they should get it.

Yeah, you're not joking, but CN Poland if they would get Polish license, they should create their own ratings, not taking these from KRRiT, and also they should localize logos of their shows and not censor them with CN UK censorship. The localized logos of the shows they should use, they can take them from Dubbingpedia site.

Last edited:
Reactions: J10

Daffyrocks

Science prevails!
According to the website, it’s CN Arabia’s Anniversary Celebration on October 10, while CN MENA is different because it’s launched on July 1st, 2016.
well, CN MENA actually was born from CN Arabic. You kinda have to take that into consideration

Reactions: J10

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's a nice photo from Chris Doc Wyatt.

Disney Plus, HBO Max and CBS All Access are monster apps.
jmac5cicada wrote on mojokingbee1's profile.
where did you find the hanna barbera 50th anniversary special?
I wish a lot of newer cartoons got more attention
I decided not to change my username because I am fine with this one.