Cartoon Network International News Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

CN Scandinavia have 25 and 30-minute slots mix which is pretty cool
Normally, yes, but approximately from September to early January, the slots become based on the thirty minutes, or now on the thirty-one minutes, for 22-mins long shows (because, again and again: according to EU laws now you can't have an internal ad break inside of a 30 minutes show), more or less like on CN UK and CN US

This is obviously done because Christmas ads are important for them; even though I like a 30-mins based scheduling, it's quite tidy
You still have shorter breaks than here.
Yeah, CN PT breaks tend to be very short, even shorter than the ones on CN IT

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Doraemon only airs in the morning hours now. I remember when Canal Panda aired it at noon and around 19:30.

Markus Nelis

Normally, yes, but approximately from September to early January, the slots become based on the thirty minutes, or now on the thirty-one minutes, for 22-mins long shows (because, again and again: according to EU laws now you can't have an internal ad break inside of a 30 minutes show), more or less like on CN UK and CN US

This is obviously done because Christmas ads are important for them; even though I like a 30-mins based scheduling, it's quite tidy

Yeah, CN PT breaks tend to be very short, even shorter than the ones on CN IT
Toy ads are shorter than before on CN Scandinavia. I sometimes see only 1-minute toy ads.

Markus Nelis

Strange thing is that when the next bumper comes, we go straight to ads, and promos are at the end right after ads are over.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I'm surprised CN PT still airs it.. Boomerang IT has dropped it, and it's moderately popular here
It used to be popular here when it aired in Spanish on Canal Panda. I even had a Doraemon backpack with a drawing of Doraemon on his time machine.

Francisque

Yes, I know. And I will. I was busy with something else. Anyhow, I can say this. As I mentioned earlier, this change is purely technical. Tomorrow was the day the channel was supposed to finally start transmitting in hd. However, some technical issues appeared at last moment. Because of that the launch has been once more postponed. But the good news is it won't take much longer. What basically happened was that in the previous months it was being worked on, but it took longer than estimated due to how it will be technically solved in the end. In combination with working on other things (schedule changes/securing cz ads/adding more cz content/getting more czsk providers/updating select prints/posting to social media/preparing graphics/supplying on demand) for the region as you can imagine (not counting also the other feeds) it's quite a lot. Sure, it would perhaps look better if there weren't any dates given until everything is ready, but the notion is to get everything done as soon as possible and to keep everyone updated. Maybe a bit optimistic and not exactly realistic, but nobody is delaying anything on purpose. If you knew what it looks like behind the scenes and what it takes you would perhaps understand. Personally, I don't see a reason to be mad about it and feel like everything is happening at the pace it should. What needs to happen now in terms of hd is only some testing so that the provided signal is without fault. That is the last step before operators can pick it up and start offering it. Therefore, as I said, it will be ready soon. Finalizing doesn't take long. First companies, namely upc in czsk (and likely also upc in other regions), will get it at the end of the month. Also, there's an issue with upc cz in that they're currently full after adding the olympic hd channels - thus cn hd wouldn't have where to go anyway. After the event the testing will be finished and there will be optimization that will enable it to be added. So, basically from the end of this month all the patiently awaited changes will roll out and start happening, mostly in the next two months, and by summer all will be operational; hd/widescreen/cz ads/dimensional/vod - not just for czsk, but entire region. I have an idea of when each update will exactly happen obviously, but that I can't talk about and wouldn't even if I could. That should remain a surprise. All you need to know, if you didn't read this long text, is that by June CN CEE will become truly awesome. And if you're upset to wait a little longer for everything or skeptical, well, tough luck. It's not the end of the world and I would say it is worth waiting as all the changes are implemented. Think of CN RSEE as a taste of things to come.
I knew nothing would have happened on today..
CN Nordic has started airing some NEXT ECPs for shows. Most of them are on evenings and here are some:
These are pretty cool., although CN UK ones are better. the remaining "Now" bumpers are still 4.0?

Francisque

The ones on CN Scandi look very American to me.
The graphics are more "EMEA" in style, but the squeezing is more American

As I mentioned, I prefer the British (and Italian etc.) ECPs, since the screen is more visible

Francisque

The same on CN IT.. when it comes to the Next shows, they only use bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts