Cartoon Network International News Thread 13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Natural and unsurprising (but still kind of "funny") given the strong akan'e phenomenon of Russian, Cartoonito in Russian, becomes Kartuníta, as opposed to English cartoonitow lol.
In Italian -ito sounds more "natural", although I realize it's mostly Spanish-influenced: Italian uses -etto for the diminutives, instead

I'm happy it comes to Boomerang in CEE, it should've stayed there, as I've stayed before, it makes the Boomerang schedule more varied, and it his its natural home (I would be OK with Boomerang US having that, instead of CN US, but different can of worms, Boomerang US often is in a different package and has very low visibility as opposed to CN US).

Probably , given the similarities in terms of packaging between the US and the Netherlands/Flanders, it would make some sense to show some Cartoonito stuff on CN NL.

J10

On the live streaming for the interview between the crews of CN MENA and Follk Creative:
  • Aya Hammad from CN MENA has said that it’ll expand Nana the Bumbler Fly, the awfulness show ever because of that nervous character; even Kraal Shakir and Mansour is better than this show, in October to other EMEA markets, including the UK.
  • Kafshat will be aired at the end of August online.

Francisque

Small almost-OT consideration: so great, we have Boomerang recently rebranded, Cartoonito block etc. but we apparently, in EMEA can't have a decent rebranded Cartoon Network like anybody else.

Of course the schedules are also to be blamed, but really, a bit of good visual exercise would also be nice

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
CN GAS/Germany is the only German-managed feed that didn’t switch to a RRTV licence. So, which licence are they using at the moment?

RegularCapital

Staff member
CN GAS/Germany is the only German-managed feed that didn’t switch to a RRTV licence. So, which licence are they using at the moment?
They're using a Bavarian Media Authority (Bayerische Landeszentrale für neue Medien or BLM) licence. In Germany, the broadcasting regulators are devolved to Bundeslands (or Federal States) and not at a national level like as it is in a vast majority of countries.

J10

CN GAS/Germany is the only German-managed feed that didn’t switch to a RRTV license. So, which license are they using at the moment?
All CN channels don't use Ofcom, except the UK feed (BTW, this feed also has Czech license for Ireland). Most EMEA feeds are licensed in Czech's RRtv, except Turkey, GAS, and Italy. The three channels are licensed locally.

StrikersSeventyOG

That feeling when you see short fragments of two Steven Universe episodes (season 1 and season 4 respectively) and you recognized how Steven's voice sounds different as the show goes on.
It does and only sound quality that recording anyway, I gonna excite the new Cartoon Network Anniversary, especially in Asia but I am not sure about this but possible celebrating 30th anniversary alongside with South Korea, Taiwan, Oceania, and Japan. But that does not mean this is true because this is a leak it could happen or maybe not and who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts