Cartoon Network International News Thread 12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdElRahman AlNjdy

I don't know what I'm going to say, this is something wrong to say here or not, but I want to say Possibility of right or wrong
And it is that :
CN Arabic Highlights July 2022 :
Season Finale : The Fungies
New Episodes : Apple & Onion

CN Arabic Highlights August 2022 :
New Show : Jellystone
New Season : Ninjago
New Episodes : Ninja Express

CN Arabic Highlights September 2022 :
Last Episodes : Apple & Onion
New Episodes : DC Superhero Girls
New Episodes : Teen Titans Go

CN Arabic Highlights October 2022 :
New Show : We Baby Bears
New Episodes : Taffy
Last Episodes : The Fungies

CN Arabic Highlights November 2022 :
New Season : Looney Tunes Cartoons
New Season : Craig of the Creek
New Season : Jellystone !!
I think it's enough

Lonely

For some reason, CN India is just moving its logo all about the place and is airing some programs in 16:9 while others in 4:3, but usually they letterbox everything to 4:3. About the CN Logo, I think all the EMEA feeds should have just left it on the bottom it looks better. I don't know why they changed it.

J10

For some reason, CN India is just moving its logo all about the place and is airing some programs in 16:9 while others in 4:3, but usually they letterbox everything to 4:3. About the CN Logo, I think all the EMEA feeds should have just left it on the bottom it looks better. I don't know why they changed it.
The DOGs was originally on the top, when it was broadcasted across EMEA in the 90s, but it changed in 2010/2011 to the bottom, and now all channels are back to the top of the screens, since 2014/2015, while the Turkish went to the left-corner, and the Portuguese feed is the only one to have it on the bottom.

Now that Discovery is now the new owner of the Warner channels, all CN channels are expected to move their DOGs to the top-left in the future, like the European Discovery feeds, while the Turkish feed might move their DOG oppositely to the top-right corner, looking like both DMAX Turkey and TLC Turkey, when they split their management for good, and no longer be involved with MENA counterpart.

Last edited:

BlooMac

Now that Discovery is now the new owner of the Warner channels, all CN channels are expected to move their DOGs to the top-left in the future, like the European Discovery feeds, while the Turkish feed might move their DOG oppositely to the top-right corner, looking like both DMAX Turkey and TLC Turkey, when they split their management for good, and no longer be involved with MENA counterpart.
Not necessary. It all comes down to branding and the fact that the CN channels have a separate management from the Discovery ones, just like the HBO channels.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
The DOGs was originally on the top, when it was broadcasted across EMEA in the 90s, but it changed in 2010/2011 to the bottom, and now all channels are back to the top of the screens, since 2014/2015, while the Turkish went to the left-corner, and the Portuguese feed is the only one to have it on the bottom.

i am literally sweating in fear of the DOG changing from top left

imflamey

Maybe, it looks better because it was designed to be on the bottom right.
i am literally sweating in fear of the DOG changing from top left
I have nightmares about that too.

Unlikely, one reason is that their is a Management team who control stuff like branding, etc and unless they decide to fire everyone in the management team. It's very unlikely to happen.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CEE, pretty nice promo

And I agree about the dog. Top right is fine as it is. Only thing I would change probably is increase it by 10% and make it animated.

Sadly we have to accept that European channels will never have dogs in the bottom right like US. That one time it happened during CheckIt was a rare oddity.

Francisque

You could move the DOG whatever part you like, but it's not common for most European channels to have it at the bottom; some do, just not the majority.
And frankly, I think it's fine where it is

Anyway, there isn't a rule-of-thumb that because your company is owned by something else it has behave exactly like the new-buyer; WBD might be 100% happy about leaving the status quo, especially for "ludicrous" things like a DOG

Anyway, it has to be seen when (or whether) the ex-Warner managements and ex-Discovery managements will merge; there's still time
They might even want to keep them a bit separate,... we just don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts