Cartoon Network International News Thread 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

I guess Cartoon Network original series premieres (movie or special episodes) are showing Cartoon Network India, CN originals and repeat episodes on CN HD + right?
Ben 10 reboot is the only CN original that is aired on CN SD India, everything else is aired on HD+ only. SD is aggressively focusing on localisation now.

RegularCapital

Staff member
HUGE GEM surfaced!

CN starts around 11:30 :)
(The Mask, Spartakus, Fish Police, Touch of Blue, Moxy)
It seems that there was not TNT to CN handover before December 1996, makes sense, as Hatmaker didn't make one.

Rare intro to A Touch of Blue in the Stars, an obscure European show.

That 2 hour Super Chunk probably included four out of only six (aired) episodes of Fish Police. :D

The Mask 2 Hollywood Studios Competition: The poor kid that won this competition, the movie was never made. There's Son of Mask in 2005, but 10 years too late, it didn't have Jim Carrey, it and was terrible.

Back in the days when CNN used to advertise on the channel, also an advert for The Pagemaster that was heavilly advertised back then, it was made by Turner/Hanna-Barbera so that's more than likely the reason.

I have info about TNT Classic Movies and that 25th Turner Anniversary promo as Hatmaker made them, I guess I will write a page about them on the wiki one of these days.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
It seems that there was not TNT to CN handover before December 1996, makes sense, as Hatmaker didn't make one.
However, there was a startup ident for CN Europe from around 1993 which played immediately after the final TNT promo.
I think it was VHXattilatv01 who found the video of it via Youtube.

RegularCapital

Staff member
However, there was a startup ident for CN Europe from around 1993 which played immediately after the final TNT promo.
I think it was VHXattilatv01 who found the video of it via Youtube.

Yeah, actually it was me that posted the 1993 TNT Classic Movies to CN handover on the forums here via my friend at UK Pres/TV Ark who had a copy of it in the archives, I forgot all about it. LOL :D

Last edited:

Moleoman

That "startup promo" that played in the 1993 video is actually the full "Morning Crew" block intro, which for some reason switches the framerate midway through (and the copyright notice mistakenly states that "Popeye" character was owned by Warner Bros., instead of King Features Syndicate.)

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
That "startup promo" that played in the 1993 video is actually the full "Morning Crew" block intro, which for some reason switches the framerate midway through (and the copyright notice mistakenly states that "Popeye" character was owned by Warner Bros., instead of King Features Syndicate.)
So, me and RegularCapital were wrong. We thought that this was the pre-1996 startup ident.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Yes, it was The Morning Crew intro (evident in the embedded tweet), it was the first thing on CN, so it practically functioned as a start-up as that's the general idea of the breakfast block, it was the first thing in the morning on CN. I guess it was repeated because of kids waking up at different times during the morning.

I guess there was a period between the end of The Morning Crew and that continuity from August/September 1995 when it cut straight to a show after the end of TNT for the night.

Last edited:

Moleoman

I've also noticed that the continuity features redubbed version of the Hyperactive kid "Call Your Local Cable Operator" promo (at 19:20). Below is the original version for comparison:

CanalPlusFan1980

Wasn't that Cartoon Network version people in Poland used to receive in 90s to learn English when they were children? I'm very curious. I meant about Cartoon Network Europe.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Here is Out of Jimmy's Head's Romanian intro. (I advise you to use an adblocker before clicking on it)

It is unbelievable how bad CN's Romanian intros were. It can't be THAT hard to find someone in Romania who can sing. Disney never had problems with it.
I think it also depends on the show they dub..... Out of Jimmy's Head wasn't CN's best show IMO, even though the movie was way better. I did use to like the series when I was young and it was still on CN CEE, though, but mainly because I was fond of Pickles and Prickles.

There are many songs and intros dubbed in Romanian that are worth seeing, and the case is especially for Cartoon Network CEE. You should check "Laser Beam" from The Looney Tunes Show. It always comes on how the dubbing cast is fond of the respective show, if they do it with pleasure or not. As for the intro of Jimmy, I am sure Richard Balint just wanted to hurry up already with the intro.

So, not all of CN's Romanian songs were bad and I stay strong with my opinion.

Meanwhile, speaking of CN CEE, it looks like they decided to once again do some random schedule changes, some which are actually very surprising:
- From 10th May, DreamWorks Dragons is back!!!! WOW! The show will air daily at 17.25 CET replacing DC Superhero Girls.
- Also from 10th May, TTG will air at 17.55 CET, instead of DC Superhero Girls, for the whole week, not just on weekends.
- From 24th May, Gumball will air at 19.00 CET on weekdays instead of TTG, as the second bill at 20.00 CET will be taken over by Elliott from Earth and the double bill of Gumball will be from 19.00 till 19.50 CET.

Here is the updated schedule: Cartoon Network International News Thread 10.0

Once again, the new CEE team that replaced the German one pulls up surprises that no one would expect and that are good, like the case here wirh Dragons. Though, they will only show the S3-S8 episodes a.k.a the "Race to the Edge" seasons. Ironic considering how the first two seasons were commisioned by CN. As for DC Superhero Girls, considering it will only remain at 14.55 CET until Elliott comes there, the show can be considered gone from the schedule, again. So much for a DC show other than TTG to have consistent airings on the channel, though I should say that they actually kept strong this time with not pulling it out of the line-up from September till now.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Wasn't that Cartoon Network version people in Poland used to receive in 90s to learn English when they were children? I'm very curious. I meant about Cartoon Network Europe.
Yep, the very same, up until the launch of the Polish feed in September 1998.

The branding package for Cartoon Network Africa's animated shorts programme - Shesha Fest from January 2020 can now be viewed on Behance. Cartoon Network - Shesha Fest

I've also found the date when Cartoon Network Europe launched in Africa, 1st October 1995. It's mentioned on the Turner Timeline page as well, but no exact date.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 20.16.34.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 20.16.34.png
    677.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CartoonNetworkAfricaLaunch.png
    CartoonNetworkAfricaLaunch.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 48

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Depending on whether or not your country hasn't been localized, yes, and if you haven't done enough research in older versions of this thread, it was my case too. It was my go-to channel until the 3rd of December 2013, and now you know the rest of the story.

Daffyrocks

Meanwhile, something to report about CN CEE:
- yesterday they aired the Looney Tunes Show episode "A Christmas Carol" and once again, they showed the Christmas Rules song intact and dubbed!!! It is the second time the song airs intact on the channel! (btw, I wonder if someone has recorded the song in Hungarian, I would need it for a future project)
- meanwhile, the TLTS episode "Dear John" was aired today.... and they didn't show the song "Drifting Apart" with Mac and Tosh :sweat::sweat::knd4: Like what the heck, they really had to choose a random song to wipe out, while they didn't cut out the other Merrie Melodies. Seriously, what's wrong? CN CEE seriously has some issues they need to solve!

animegamer

Cartoon Network India will also be doing the Best Summer Ever campaign, of course in a localised way:

However their website is a total copy and paste from CN Asia and nothing was changed to match with the Indian campaign.

Also on the Asian Best Summer Ever website, people from Pakistan are also able to enter the contest, but I haven't seen any promo about it on the channel itself.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Cartoon Network India will also be doing the Best Summer Ever campaign, of course in a localised way:

However their website is a total copy and paste from CN Asia and nothing was changed to match with the Indian campaign.

Also on the Asian Best Summer Ever website, people from Pakistan are also able to enter the contest, but I haven't seen any promo about it on the channel itself.
The prizes don't seem to relate with the average CN India viewer

Daffyrocks

I have some great news, but also some bad news.

I am gonna start with the bad one. CN CEE aired The Looney Tunes Show episode "Mrs. Porkbunny's" and they skipped the song "Stick to My Guns" that was originally part of it.... Seriously, they keep some songs intact but they remove some of them? I know CN CEE initially skipped the song when the episode premiered on 29.11.2013, but at one point they decided to leave it intact on a rerun in the summer of 2014 (the last days when CN CEE was still in its glory period). But why are they removing some songs and keeping other ones randomly???

As for the good news...... the Steven Universe Movie is going to be rerun on CN CEE at the end of June! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts