Cartoon Network FCC complaints (Teen Titans Go!, Clarence and others)

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Managed to get my hands on these. Fair warning, I did not censor any of them so a few do have some mildly NSFW language and descriptions.

A lot of these are just commercial complaints, which should really be going towards the cable companies who tend to inject ads into shows, not the network. I personally have never seen any ads of the nature(s) described on Cartoon Network before Adult Swim.

Nobodyman

LOL at that first one complaining about Gravity Falls.

Also, don't know what make to make of them apparently showing Metalocalypse at 7:00 AM. Did that actually happen or do they have satellite and that was a west coast airing or something?

Mordecai626

Madridista
The first complaint is complaining about Gravity Falls but they sent it to Cartoon Network...*facepalm*

szjdfgs

What it all comes down to is, parents are dumb. And I'm not talking about the ads here because some of them did have suggestive themes and it makes sense for them to complain. I mean, who wants to see Hooters ads on a children's network?

It's more about the parents not even knowing what their children watch.
Seriously, not knowing that it's Adult Swim that airs Metalocalypse, or that Disney Channel/XD that airs Gravity Falls?

I'm probably expecting too much out of a grown-up who has a stable job and family, but this is stuff that's easy to notice.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, complaining about Gravity Falls when they don't even know what channel it airs on is pretty bad. The complaints about the commercials are understandable, but I haven't seen any of these commercials on Cartoon Network. A couple of them sound like some of the ads that I've seen while watching Toonami, but that would be Adult Swim rather than Cartoon Network proper. One would think that they'd look more into where they could complain about the commercials themselves instead of filing complaints about the shows themselves in those cases.

ToonJay723

Staff member
The Z Nation complaint wasn't even a complaint, this person just gave an observation. I would make a snarky remark about how Z Nation couldn't have aired on CN, because it's a live action show but...

Anyways, I agree with Nobodyman, the two people watching Metalocalypse at 7 AM, were probably watching on their West Coast feed.

About the fourth complaint, bare butts have been on children shows since Rugrats (I think), so this isn't really something to shut down the network for. If you don't want your child to see it, you could watch the episode first, then let them watch it, if it's safe.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I really hope none of these people have the power to get any of these shows they're whining about cancelled. I really hope they're just being stupid as all get out!

CNCN2014

The first complaint... Are you serious? Did they not see the DOG on the mother' flippin' screen?!?

szjdfgs

I really hope none of these people have the power to get any of these shows they're whining about cancelled. I really hope they're just being stupid as all get out!
I was gonna say they have as much power as a Tumblr user does, but that's incorrect. I think it's because of the parents that Regular Show gets censored in official releases.

The correct thing to say is both sides sure can be stupid. (Though Tumblr has enough sense to not agree with the angry parents making these complaints and demands.)

Trombone77

I didn't know that two boys in their briefs were such a scandalous thing nowadays. I do agree with the parents on the complaints about commercials, because you obviously don't want your kids exposed to those types of situations, but the majority of complaints about content is based on faulty interpretation. "Yes, because Cartoon Network will allow one of its characters to say KA in broad daylight."

Also, I wonder if Cartoon Network East and West should be labeled as Adult Swim East and West when their time slot comes on. This may help parents distinguish between which feeds to show their children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.Pepper

Honestly only the Gravity Falls and the Clarence ones were completely stupid IMO. I agree with all the commercials because I dont think they should be airing during kids shows. Also did they serious say "ass" on Teen Titans Go or was that person mistaken?

Lerkero

Complaints from a lot of people who do not want to explain to their children how the world works.

The complaint about Clarence having 'bare butts' is hilarious. It's like the parent doesn't want children to know that bare butts exist despite the child being born with one.

DeanBurrito25

Most of these seem like complaints about commercials airing during some of these shows more than anything, and even then I'm still confused. Either that or they happened to have an Adult Swim show on entirely by accident.

Of all of the show specific complaints, the Clarence one about butts confounds me the most. Has that individual even turned on a television since 1991?

ARHP55595

Honestly only the Gravity Falls and the Clarence ones were completely stupid IMO. I agree with all the commercials because I dont think they should be airing during kids shows. Also did they serious say "ass" on Teen Titans Go or was that person mistaken?
In that they say ass in there!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts