Votes: 60 46.5%
  • 2004-2010

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • 2010-present day

Votes: 35 27.1%

• Total voters

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
My thinking here is akin to MTV, Discovery, Nat Geo or History that have unified the branding around the world over time, much better than kids channels CN included. Maybe with new management WBD decided to step up their game and feel more unified across markets. It always will take a few months before other countries follow the US. Maybe they thought this looks great as a summer look. Dunno. It does have that vibe a bit. You're right that the effort put into it is relatively big, on the other hand some overseas channels do change looks for summer. Who knows, I'm not saying I'm right. Just that it's a possibility we should keep in mind. If RYW is here to stay then great. Finally CN will catch up to channels mentioned above.

Also, this is quite a cool extension.

dip

I have a theory that this Redraw Your World thing is actually only temporary for summer.

There are two hints for that:
a) "Onion gets a splash of color in this summer ID we created for CNLA."
b) "Redraw Your Summer"

And that in fall there will be a proper rebrand for the 30th anniversary.
1. im guessing summer of last year is when CN/Turner US commissioned the bumpers from primal screen, so it could just be an honest mixup (there's also the possibility that the US team rushed out RDYW after the core assets were finished, which isn't too large of an assumption as the February 2021 refresh was rushed out the door as well and didn't go into full effect for as long as 2 weeks or so)
2. RDYS is a APAC-specific daily marathon block as far as i can tell, has no real correlation to the RDYW branding

RegularCapital

Staff member
The Redraw Your World slogan actually predates the Redraw Your World rebrand, the branding for the slogan was originally more inline with the previous CN USA branding, which didn't last long (1st March 2021 - 1st November 2021), probably their shortest branding era:

In fact, the new slogan was introduced two weeks before (17th February 2021) the shortlived rebrand package as shown above.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Don't know whether it's more suitable to post this here or on the General Cartoonito thread, but more information about the Cartoonito branding package is now on Giant Ant's website, including development art of the Cartoonito mascots - Nito, Wedge, Glob, and Itty.

Silver-7

Tad Ghostal
redraw your world looks nice for the most part, the only things i dont really like are the music and the way they animate and design the characters in bumpers, they just look off. other then that the up next screens look super nice, although i will admit i kinda miss the unique show animations they had in the check it 3.0 up next screens, now its just the show's logo. it's not a huge deal at all, but i think it would look cooler if they made new ones imo.
EnzoTheGreatWare - Cartoon Network CHECK it 3.0 Coming Up NextLater Bumpers (2013-2015) [0kbbD...png
CNArchives - Cartoon Network - Redraw Your World - NEXT Regular Show [g04i0Cg-hhs - 853x480 - ...png

JTOONSAnimation

cartoo5007

Billy and Many ended when I was in Kindergarten. I faintly remember watching it. But it's still old enough to be considered classic. Same with the original Teen Titans.
Edd, Edd N Eddy, and KND, those are all old school.

Flapjack, My Gym Partner, Camp Lazlo and Chowder are tweeners. Not old school, but not modern cartoon network. The beginning of Adventure Time is the border between the tweeners and modern stuff.

As for Adventure Time and Regular Show, they're not shows from "back in the day", I still consider them modern, even the earlier episodes. Despite the fact that both of them ended about 5 years ago.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
They're playing it well, but cheap and safe. Hopefully on the stream they air more. Adventure Time is a classic in the iconic sense. Not age wise. I would welcome some classic third party shows myself. Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo Where Are You, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes. This would do it for me. The barebone pillars of CN's pre-CC era. All of them are even available in HD to some extent, so no excuses there either. Maybe throw in Space Ghost, Jonny Quest and Thundarr to make it complete for the action lovers. Again, HD ready. Those are true classics and part of CN history. Compare it to what I was writing here 5-10 years ago and I think I matured lol. Anyhow, if not that then at least mention Moxy akin to Crossover Nexus? Or throw in the obscure Cartoon Cartoons at least? Robot Jones, Time Squad, Sheep, Mike Lu Og, etc.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts