Votes: 60 46.5%
  • 2004-2010

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • 2010-present day

Votes: 35 27.1%

• Total voters

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
One thing I can't help but notice when watching CN is that the logo is so opaque that it gets ghosted in during extended viewing periods. They should increase the transparency of it.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Isn't CN US the only feed to not have a transparent logo at this point? I think it's on purpose because of all the banners and to be seen more, but it's not very up to date imo when everyone else is minimalist, transparent and clean.

kianworld

CN Schedule Archiver
Yeah the CN bug, without any of the banners and such, has pretty much been the same since 2010, minus getting rid of the "HD" text and some repositioning. Wondering if it'll ever be changed, or it will stay that way until we get a new logo (like with the first CN bug)

I could see CN maybe making it transparent and getting rid of the "CARTOON NETWORK" text at the bottom, kinda like how Comedy Central's bug shows the full logo at first then condenses it to just the monogram a few seconds later.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
I think it's on purpose because of all the banners and to be seen more, but it's not very up to date imo when everyone else is minimalist, transparent and clean.

True, but they can make the logo opaque again when the banners show up.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Isn't CN US the only feed to not have a transparent logo at this point? I think it's on purpose because of all the banners and to be seen more, but it's not very up to date imo when everyone else is minimalist, transparent and clean.
CN USA is not alone. CN PT's bug is also solid.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I don't mind the opaque bug but I really wish they'd change up the bug's logo animation. It has stayed exactly the same since 2010's rebrand. Maybe do something playful with it on certain occasions like Nick and Disney.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Today I watched some new bumpers of Unikitty Super Bowl style.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I don't mind the opaque bug but I really wish they'd change up the bug's logo animation. It has stayed exactly the same since 2010's rebrand. Maybe do something playful with it on certain occasions like Nick and Disney.
Yeah, it too needs updating. However there is a law in their style guide that forbids things like recoloring the logo and etc. The Latin American feed violated these regulations in 2012.

_Utopia_

They did in Christmas 2017, the logo animations was two presents appearing from the bottom of the screen and flipping into the CN logo

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
They did in Christmas 2017, the logo animations was two presents appearing from the bottom of the screen and flipping into the CN logo

I'm aware of it but other than that (and I guess Halloween) they don't really do anything with it.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Why can't they make the logo transparent a few seconds after appearing like some American and Canadian networks?

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I recall that they painted the 2010 logo blue. This was when they were in a temporary rebrand between January and September of that year, carrying on with the Toonix identity.

Huh, interesting. I still wish they'd make the logo more flexible like the previous one, though I still much prefer the current logo. I also hope they phase out Dimensional soon (maybe this summer), it's gotten kinda bland.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Who knows. The usage of CMYK colors have been synonymous with CN for several years now and a potential rebrant seems inevitable.

Francisque

Who knows. The usage of CMYK colors have been synonymous with CN for several years now and a potential rebrant seems inevitable.
If ain't broken, don't fix it

Another rebrand? Please no.. many international operations still have to adopt costly Dimensional and you want another one? :D
The look is fine as it is IMO
Huh, interesting. I still wish they'd make the logo more flexible like the previous one, though I still much prefer the current logo. I also hope they phase out Dimensional soon (maybe this summer), it's gotten kinda bland.
Correction:the way US adopts things often is bland, not the branding itself (see CN UK)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.
When you first learn that teenage characters are voiced by people over 30.
Kevin-Hart.jpg

Featured Posts