Cartoonito - News & Discussion Thread

Well, these shows coming to the block are definitely not geared towards me or most of the users here, but I'll take a look at it, and getting a vibe that most of the programming is more of... not necessarily educational or academic type but more entertaining towards the young audience that's what I'm getting at. I guess the same can be said for some Nick Jr. or Disney Junior shows. I gotta ask why (especially on Social Media) have mixed responses on the 2d Thomas and Friends series? I don't think it looks that bad.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
is it me…..or do all the Cartoonito mascots actually use they/them pronouns? Sounds pretty interesting to me. I was browsing the Animag article earlier where they introduce each mascot and they used “they” for pretty much most of them.
That's interesting. Cartoonito was originally a British branding and even though this use of the word "they" used to be forbidden ("Latin doesn't have a word like that so English shouldn't either"), it was pretty much the informal norm in the UK in the last 400+ years. Even Shakespeare spoke like that. Informal Dutch has the related word "die" with a similar meaning.

American English is more influenced by other languages and this way of speaking is not natural to many/most Americans. Americans never had to learn in school that singular they is wrong, they instinctively already knew that. But if singular they is wrong, then you can't properly refer to people with yet undefined gender and just have to guess (a soldier is probably "he", daycare center staff is probably "she" etc.). The British and Dutch dialects are more elegant in my opinion than Standard English and Standard Dutch.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Apparently there’s a short version of the CN/Max version

Interestingly enough, the Cartoonito shows based on Warner Bros. properties (Batwheels, Bugs Bunny Builders, Tom & Jerry Junior) weren't featured in that trailer. Odd.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
So, apparently, Care Bears: Unlock the Magic is going to be part of Cartoonito. I guess that makes sense because that series is (or was at one time) airing on Boomerang Online. I don't know if UtM counts as a preschool show, but I admit that I've never seen it. I've only seen the show's intro on YouTube.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
So, apparently, Care Bears: Unlock the Magic is going to be part of Cartoonito. I guess that makes sense because that series is (or was at one time) airing on Boomerang Online. I don't know if UtM counts as a preschool show, but I admit that I've never seen it. I've only seen the show's intro on YouTube.
Not its first time with preschool programming. In the U.K., it airs on Tiny Pop, which is a preschool channel.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
The same I would say about "Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz", the show is (or was) being the part of Cartoonito in Turkey.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts