Cartoonito - News & Discussion Thread

Moe

Yes, it was last holdout, so Nick has preschool block called Nick Jr since 1988 and Disney Channel has preschool block called Playhouse Disney, eventually became Disney Jr since 1997, however both channels had air non-block of preschool shows prior to launch of preschool blocks.

Great news for parents with toddlers and young children

Any thought on this?

Moe

if adult swim has a channel, will it be a new channel or replace a channel like Viacom replaced spike tv with paramount network/paramount movie network
WarnerMedia seems to have little room for reallocation so they could take one of HBO or Cinemax channel out and rebrand as Adult Sim and move to basic channels, so they can remove Adult Swim block from CN.

Adult Swim has higher rating so that why they expanded the hour to 10 hours per day and Warner Bros see Adult Swim as profitable.

harry580

WarnerMedia seems to have little room for reallocation so they could take one of HBO or Cinemax channel out and rebrand as Adult Sim and move to basic channels, so they can remove Adult Swim block from CN.

Adult Swim has higher rating so that why they expanded the hour to 10 hours per day and Warner Bros see Adult Swim as profitable.
I can see Cinemax absorbed into hbo like encore with Starz, and one of Cinemax channel gets replaced by adult swim

Reactions: Moe

BlooMac

Why are people suddenly preferring a new block with programs they haven't even seen yet over a block that has stayed on the network for decades with likely better programs? Do we seriously need more Teen Titans Go and Gumball slots overnight or even more Cartoonito over good adult animated content?

Dr.Pepper

I will admit it’s been a long time since I’ve paid attention to Nick @ Nite, but do they play any TV-MA shows? I thought it was more family friendly than Adult Swim ever was.

whoisretro

Well, cartoonito is so long and CN is becoming a family channel, so Adult Swim might not be appropriate

The Adult Swim block isn't going anywhere because CN's already had a preschool block before and nothing happened to Adult Swim, an Adult Swim 24/7 channel wouldn't even work, WarnerMedia isn't gonna start a new cable channel in 2021, Adult Swim gets fine ratings the way it is now so why would they change anything about it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts