Cartoonito - News & Discussion Thread

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
Regarding the current direction, I wouldn't be surprised since Mr. Ascheim actually worked at Nickelodeon's Noggin and Sesame Workshop. Cartoon Network had preschool programming during the 90's and 2000's, namely Big Bag, Small World, and Tickle U, but the network focused mainly on older children, teens, and adults during those times. Preschoolers were mainly in the background when it came to viewership.

tykroma94

Now that I think about it, a preschool block and family block doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I’m interested to see how it looks. Now if only there were only another action block but I highly doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harry580

Better to have something useful such as pre-school block instead of endless repeats, at least it gives the TV channel some future.
yes same could be said to nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and yes universal kids (I know the latter is bad but it has potential)

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Remember, Tickle U wasn't CN's first rodeo with preschool. Big Bag holds such ground, and it had live-action. Small World came around the same time frame.

Let's face it, CN has been stagnant for a very long time after the ending of the 2010 era series, the AT&T restructuring, lower ratings, monotonous scheduling, new management, synergy, etc. All of the new CN Studios series that premiered last year would premiere on HBOMax and Adult Swim only. There hasn't been much momentum at all throughout 2020 for CN or Boomerang, meanwhile over at Disney and Nickelodeon there's a lot going on it seems.

The only thing I'm concerned with is how exactly will they structure the schedule and atmosphere after all of the changes are put into place. This has so much potential.

zoombie

The only really good pre school shows are Craig Gerber shows, maybe CN can get him, he is a free agent?

CNC

Tried making up a PROJECTED ideal CN schedule for later this year, should all of our upcoming shows air at that time. Some important highlights:

- planned preschool block on weekday mornings, with new episodes of their shows on Fridays. Shows include the new 2D-animated Thomas and Friends series that's already picked up by CN a few days ago, as well as the planned Mo Willems shows announced back in October
- some kind of action/adventure-themed block on Friday nights
- a few action-themed shows on weekend mornings (or probably just Sunday morning)
- Most shows with only 1 new episode on Saturday mornings are primarily 15 minutes each, so viewers won't have to wait another 15 minutes in between each new episode
- Rotating movies (and movie premieres) on Saturday nights (paying homage to their "Flicks" stunt)

I haven't came up with a "girls-themed" block yet despite CN also wanting to attract a girl audience, but it could consist of new DCSHG in it and it could be on a Sunday as well?

1612720734713.png

harry580

Tried making up a PROJECTED ideal CN schedule for later this year, should all of our upcoming shows air at that time. Some important highlights:

- planned preschool block on weekday mornings, with new episodes of their shows on Fridays. Shows include the new 2D-animated Thomas and Friends series that's already picked up by CN a few days ago, as well as the planned Mo Willems shows announced back in October
- a few action-themed shows on weekend mornings (or probably just Sunday morning)
- Most shows with only 1 new episode on Saturday mornings are primarily 15 minutes each, so viewers won't have to wait another 15 minutes in between each new episode
- Rotating movies (and movie premieres) on Saturday nights (paying homage to their "Flicks" stunt)

I haven't came up with a "girls-themed" block yet despite CN also wanting to attract a girl audience, but it could consist of new DCSHG in it and it could be on a Sunday as well?

View attachment 285664
I know I going off topic but the first movie to air on the new movie block is land before time (the first movie to aired on the former cartoon theater) or the lego movie (which is Warner animation group first animated film)

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

View attachment 285664
To answer your question, no, Total Dramarama should not be considered a preschool show. Anyone who thinks that didn't watch a single episode of it.

tykroma94

View attachment 285664

Here’s my hot take on it. I actually hope they do something like this. The preschool block should definitely be on Weekday Morningsthey should have repeats of the preschool shows during that as well.

I definitely agree that we should have a new action/adventure block more akin to Miguzi or Toonami with Unicorn Warriors Eternal and some 3rd party action shows. I wouldn’t mind it being on Friday Nights, but I don’t know if it’ll work. Maybe Saturday Nights would be better, but to each their own.

I actually like the idea of rotating movies every weekend like the Flicks. I feel like it would work better on Sunday Nights. A few action titles Weekend Mornings would be cool, paying homage to stuff like Pokémon and Ben 10.

I kinda didn’t understand what you meant when you said 1 new episode that is 15 minutes long on Saturday Mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
I would like to see Cartoon Network go back to airing a massive amount of variety. Preschool programming was still airing even during Cartoon Network's peak years around the late 90's and early 2000's alongside the Cartoon Cartoons, anime and action cartoons on Toonami, the various Warner Bros, MGM, and Hanna Barbera cartoons, and Adult Swim plus all the movies and special marathons.

I wouldn't mind Cartoon Network bringing back preschool programming at all as long as they bring back some variety.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Variety reports the following-
As part of the moves, Warner will overhaul Cartoon Network, setting up Cartoonito as an early-day block on TV and as an option for HBO Max subscribers. One new series, “Bea’s Block,” is devised by Sesame Workshop and centers on block toys and a five-year-old female protagonist. Meanwhile, “Bugs Bunny Builders” is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and features popular animated characters to pull off some of the most challenging construction projects ever seen. The company is developing pre-school series featuring “Tom & Jerry,” the iconic cat-and-mouse team, and Thomas the Tank Engine, the central character of several popular kids series. The company has already unveiled some series, including “Batwheels"

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Regular Capital was right :)

What countries currently have Cartoonito? The UK, Italy, Turkey, the Middle East and North Africa? I think it closed down elsewhere.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts