Cartoon Network begins in a new foray into preschool

harry580

What biases? I never said anything like that. I'm saying that Boomerang and CN shouldn't be trying to target preschoolers. Remember Tickle U?
i dont think preschool shows will failed on cartoon network, the reason tickle u failed because of relying on international shows and not original productions

Anthonyg3281

I have a strong feeling that LazyTown will be one of the preschool shows to air on Cartoon Network considering WarnerMedia owns the show now after Turner's assets were merged into Warner Bros. last year (Turner acquired LazyTown Entertainment in 2011).

glennbyrnes

I don't know. The Cartoon Network tried to have a preschool block twice before, and they both failed miserably.

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
This is what we call "regression." I can't figure out what the strategy here is. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Infinity Train, even their favorite Teen Titans Go! - their most successful and/or well-received shows of the past decade, all rated TV-PG.

Hopefully Cartoon Network can still produce some older stuff and put it on HBO Max.

harry580

I don't know. The Cartoon Network tried to have a preschool block twice before, and they both failed miserably.
well the reason tickle u failed because of relying on international shows and not original productions, the reason for the first preschool block failed is unknown

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
Warner seems to be focused on HBO Max for the Kid content, (and other content but for this discussion , kid content) look at the stuff they moved to HBO Max produced by Cartoon Network. They've been kind of left behind in Warner/AT&T weird plans, and might be trying to grasp for something. Part of this feels like they got a show that was meant for HBO Family daytime or Hbo Max, but it became table scraps for CN in trade for giving up shows for HBO Max.

This is also my thought, they could possibly get maybe 2 hours back in the evening when Adult Swim loses the FOX network animated series. So in daytime, during school hours, they could in theory, give up like to 2-3 hours for some preschool programming. They've already conditioned their audience to watch on the app/site anyway.

JTOONSAnimation

well the reason tickle u failed because of relying on international shows and not original productions, the reason for the first preschool block failed is unknown

The reason the first block failed is because CN's main audience at the time were a mix of kids and adults, with a small percentage being preschoolers. It also didn't help that Big Bag and Small World only premiered new episodes on Sunday mornings and later only reran both shows at 5 in the morning.

It's also why over the years Cartoon Network has been way more successful with making programming for older audiences, unlike Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.

tykroma94

Warner seems to be focused on HBO Max for the Kid content, (and other content but for this discussion , kid content) look at the stuff they moved to HBO Max produced by Cartoon Network. They've been kind of left behind in Warner/AT&T weird plans, and might be trying to grasp for something. Part of this feels like they got a show that was meant for HBO Family daytime or Hbo Max, but it became table scraps for CN in trade for giving up shows for HBO Max.

This is also my thought, they could possibly get maybe 2 hours back in the evening when Adult Swim loses the FOX network animated series. So in daytime, during school hours, they could in theory, give up like to 2-3 hours for some preschool programming. They've already conditioned their audience to watch on the app/site anyway.
Imagine Adult Swim starting at 11pm again? That would be kinda cool to see tbh. That way CN can have more time to air their preschool programs and air the somewhat darker shows in the evening. But I not sure of it though and I kinda doubt that will happen. Warner looks like they are Heavily focused on HBO Max atm. Hopefully, the preschool programs will be good, as i have a little sister.

TheMisterManGuy

The change has been a lot more gradual than that.
Until 2001 (before the launch of Adult Swim), Cartoon Network was still for adults as well.
Until 2008, Cartoon Network at least still had Toonami.
Until the mid 2010s, Cartoon Network at least still had Star Wars, Regular Show, DC Nation...

This. Cartoon Network was originally aimed at Kids and Adults alike. But over the years, it became more of a generic Kids network as Adult Swim expanded.

JMTV Studios

This. Cartoon Network was originally aimed at Kids and Adults alike. But over the years, it became more of a generic Kids network as Adult Swim expanded.

Exactly my thoughts. That's why I love the Powerhouse era so much because it was made to appeal to everyone and I wish I grew up with that era.

As opposed to the City era, which I do respect it, but you can definitely tell it had a lot more kiddie appeal than anything.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Kids' Net Coming With a Big Catch DiC almost had their own digital kids network
PF9
I know it's late, but the Loud family's Thanksgiving dinner must have been a huge burden on the family toilet
Good day,
I am looking around for some KidsWB recordings preferably in digital with the line ups of code name: kids next door, teen titans, Megaman Nt warrior, pokemon master quest or advanced static shock mucha lucha and Yu gi oh enter the shadow realm willing to trade my collection I will PM if anyone has any of these line ups !
I just noticed something. It looks like Starz Kids and Family and Starz Encore Family is no longer airing shows from the WildBrain library. I'm guessing the rights to those shows must have been expired. They been airing on those channels for almost 5 years.
Anybody remember how stores used to have playable demos in their video game departments? I think Best Buy is the only one that still has them in my area.