Caroll Spinney Retires His Sesame Street Roles As Big Bird And Oscar

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Caroll Spinney is retiring from the roles of Big Bird and Oscar from Sesame Street after almost 50 years in the role. The roles will be succeeded by Matt Vogel (his understudy for the character) and Eric Jacobson (who I believe does Bert). You will be missed Caroll.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
When I first heard his name in the news, I thought he had died! :eek: So glad that is not the case!

As with others, I wish Spinney the best. In the entertainment world, he was a legend. Almost fifty years on the show? My God, that's impressive!

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Fifty years that is very much impressive. Those years are a rarity in itself. Can't believe he did that for it is like an eternity here. Good luck Mr Spinney and wish you nothing but the best of luck in retirement. For giving children and kids at heart laughter and love with two beloved characters!

jaylop97

Staff member
He was one of the most dedicated people out there, incredible he was able to keep his roles for over 50 years. It's going to be a new sight to see someone other than him play Big Bird and Oscar.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
Yeah. I was asking about that on the Muppet Central forums. I can't help but wonder how far into season 50 we'll hear his voice. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts