Carmen Sandiego (2019 Series) News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Dr.Pepper

This show looks cool. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the original cartoon, but I do remember watching the game show on PBS after school when I was in 1st grade.

TFormersMarvel

Man, I'm in love with this intro. Chromosphere continues to have a strong visual appeal with their projects, and Carmen Sandiego's no exception. Even the spy thriller-esque intro is alluring (though a little more oomph and references to historical locations would have been nice).

For those interested on the specific staff involved for the intro:

The Overlord

There is a review of the show out now:

It sounds like fun, but it does some like some of the traditional educational content is lost in the shuffle. They also reveal some of the voice cast and characters, with Rita Monerno, the original Carmen voice actor returning as a side character. It does seem they like they are bringing back a lot of characters from the 90s era show.

This review goes into some of the plot points, it has some spoilers for episode 3, so watch out, but it does seem like V.I.LE lives up its name and Carmen is sympathetic by foiling their more destructive and insidious schemes.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

JoeMabbon wrote on Frontier's profile.
The G.I. Joe and Transformers Films almost crossed over.
Red Arrow wrote on Fone Bone's profile.
Disney is teaching their child actors now how to handle fame.
Although I did like some of the now dead Jetix block's programming in the past, It did ate up most of Toon Disney's airtime to the point where it felt like it was Vice-Versa which annoyed me when I was younger.
Call me weird, but I seem to prefer The Little Mermaid's series more than the trilogy. I also have a AU in development at Post something random where some characters of the series as well as fictional ones are included.
Apparently John K. is FINALLY finished with 'Cans Without Labels'.