Carmen Sandiego (2019 Series) News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I heard about this yesterday. That's pretty cool news. I only vaguely remember watching the original series, but I think I liked it. A reboot could be pretty interesting.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I can sort of see the value in this in its educational value for history and geography. So it has that angle. At the same time, the Fox Kids series got pretty tiresome after a while.

Who the heck is Carmen Sandiego? Why does she steal historical artifacts and constantly leave clues for a group of teen agents only for her to not steal the item but still get away in the end? Does she just want to make history and geography fun for kids? Is she an adrenaline junkie? I don't get it.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I've only seen a total of like three episodes of the animated series in my lifetime. Two on video 17 years ago, and one on Qubo a few months ago. It seems like a cool IP to reboot for a modern era, and hopefully they can keep it fun and educational but hopefully they get rid of the audience interacting part. Be more like the Time Warp Trio in terms of mixing entertainment with education.
Man, do I miss that show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I was really into the PBS game show and only got to catch some of the animated series when the Hub ran it on Sundays (though I always wanted to see it as a kid). Its pretty interesting that Netflix is launching a show, as well as Magic School Bus, two of the more popular educational series from my childhood. What's next, Ghost Writer, Histeria, or Wishbone?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
What a coincidence. Only recently I found out this cartoon has been aired in my country. I might have seen it when I was really young, but I don't remember it.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
I primarily watched the game show when I was a kid. I didn't watch much of the cartoon.

It aired on The Hub? That's news to me. I'm honestly kinda surprised that I missed out on that.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I was really into the PBS game show and only got to catch some of the animated series when the Hub ran it on Sundays (though I always wanted to see it as a kid). Its pretty interesting that Netflix is launching a show, as well as Magic School Bus, two of the more popular educational series from my childhood. What's next, Ghost Writer, Histeria, or Wishbone?

I'd watch a reboot of Wishbone in a heartbeat. Having it as either a live action or an animated series could work and it was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. I don't know if it would have the same kind of nostalgia power as stuff like Carmen Sandiego or Magic School Bus, but it would be awesome.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
Feb 7, 2002
Visit site

I remember the PBS game show. I don't remember the animated show that well unfortunately.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Entertainment Weekly has a first look at the show. Premieres on January 18th, 2019.
Netflix has officially announced that its upcoming Carmen Sandiego reboot will premiere Jan. 18. Gina Rodriguez will voice the woman underneath the hat for 20 episodes (each 22 minutes long), before also starring in a live-action Carmen Sandiego movie for the streaming service.

Reactions: 1 person

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Reactions: 1 person

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I love the idea of Carmen as the protagonist. That could get VERY interesting and subversive.
I guess it depends how they handle it, although off-hand I think it might be because they intend to make her more heroic as a protagonist and less the villain she generally is in the franchise.