"Care Bears: Unlock the Magic" Pre-Release discussion

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
ToonBarn is reporting on Twitter that there was an ad at Licensing Expo for something called Care Bears: Unlock the Magic. They don't know if it's a TV show, TV special, shorts, or an advertising campaign, but it's launching later this year on Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and Pop.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
It could be just a tv special, I’m not speculating if this becomes a series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Oh GREAT. Just what we need, another series based on this sappy brainwashing franchise for babies. This would be better off on Discovery Family (or even NETFLIX for that matter) rather than Cartoon Network.

Last edited:

JTOONSAnimation

I understand why it would air on Boomerang, but Cartoon Network? They dropped preschool programming years ago.

Well they might just try again, they did it in the late 90s and stopped in the early 2000s. They did it again in the mid 2000s and stopped briefly after. Who knows?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Care Bears? Wasn't the previous series a Netflix show? I figured they got the rights to the franchise or something similar.

Vaughn Max

This might be for the UK because it says Pop and that's a UK channel

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I love the Care Bears. Face it, fellas. The Care Bears Nelvana cartoon in the 1980's was no better or worse than any of those action cartoon half hour commercials fanboys still rave over. The difference is that it was targeted towards icky girls. That's pretty much the only valid complaint I've seen against it. It is definitely no worse than ThunderCats, and actually higher quality than He-Man.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Action cartoon, that's a laugh. Who could the Care Bears be fighting - someone who hates hugs?
No Heart, Man! He was actually a spooky villain. He seemed to be modeled a bit after Darth Vader in that he wore a hood that covered his face.

Also, the theme song was one of the best in the entire 1980's. I'd put it up there with Alf, DuckTales, ThunderCats, Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, and A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Last edited:

GiantWaffle

I personally admire that CN is trying to cater to its under 6 audience again. It gives the kiddies who have yet to be enrolled in preschool something to watch while at home or watch while they are getting ready for school if they like Cartoon Network.

Disney Channel and Nick have been catering to a preschool audience for years, so why Cartoon Network shouldn't is beyond me.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Disney Channel and Nick have been catering to a preschool audience for years, so why Cartoon Network shouldn't is beyond me.
Like they say, monkey see monkey do.

Dark Heart, Man! He was actually a spooky villain. He seemed to be modeled a bit after Darth Vader in that he wore a hood that covered his face.
Forgive me, I haven't seen the 80's show.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I personally admire that CN is trying to cater to its under 6 audience again. It gives the kiddies who have yet to be enrolled in preschool something to watch while at home or watch while they are getting ready for school if they like Cartoon Network.

This.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts