"Captain Marvel" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not surprised Keanu Reeves turned it down. It's not his thing right now. Jude Law. Hmm. Interesting. Mendelshon also seems to be confirmed, too.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I hope they can still fit in the Supreme Intelligence, he is way too important to Kree mythology to not leave out.

Frontier

Staff member
I hope they can still fit in the Supreme Intelligence, he is way too important to Kree mythology to not leave out.
Yeah, I've been wondering when the MCU would get to the Supreme Intelligence.

This might explain why he wasn't mentioned at all in Guardians :ack:.

the greenman

Once I saw the Watchers in GotG v2, I knew Marvel was getting deeply serious about the cosmic facet of MCU. Which lends credence to them (DISNEY) trying to get FOX. Not just for F4 characters, but even Star Wars stuff FOX still retains rights to.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
It's probably easier than filming a NASA base in Florida or Georgia but I'm still shuttering at the last Superhero movie made in that state.

Here's info on a casting call for the Skrulls and speculation on who they might play.
https://screenrant.com/captain-marvel-skrull-characters-details/

Jesus, the internet really wants to convince us they're setting up Young Avengers this week.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
11/30: Well, it's about tax concerns and logistics. Filming in Louisiana is a lot closer to Pinewood in case they have to wisk Larson for a reshoot.

12/5: A new character description "Supporting Lead Male (35-59) Intelligent, but can throw a punch. Open ethnicity. Sounds like he may be tied to a well-known character" which has led to speculation of Rick Jones -- if true, oops -- cuz he already exists in the MCU in the present. He's a student at Culver University who is a known contact of Banner when he first went on the run.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
That's also way too old to be Rick Jones in any capacity.

Frontier

Staff member
12/5: A new character description "Supporting Lead Male (35-59) Intelligent, but can throw a punch. Open ethnicity. Sounds like he may be tied to a well-known character" which has led to speculation of Rick Jones -- if true, oops -- cuz he already exists in the MCU in the present. He's a student at Culver University who is a known contact of Banner when he first went on the run.
I know Rick is very heavily associated with the Captain Marvel legacy but it would feel kind of weird to see him make his film debut in this instead of a Hulk movie (even though we probably were never going to see him in a Hulk movie at this rate) o_O.

Also seems like they're casting kind of old if it's Rick, especially since he's the perennial "young sidekick" of the Marvel Universe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts