"Captain Marvel" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryWilliams

According to MCU Exchange, Mar-Vell will appear in some capacity and the original Ms. Marvel suit will be featured in some capacity.

That would be consistent with the concept art shown at SCC, which showed Carol with long hair and wearing something that looked like a heavily modernized version of her original Ms. Marvel costume.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I really hope all this is true; it all sounds very good to me. I'd honestly assumed Mar-Vell wouldn't appear.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
That is weird that Jackson isn't going to be in the Avengers Infinity War since I thought he was confirmed before. And it's not like his contract should of been expired by that since from what I remember he originally signed a 9 picture deal contract. And so far that's included

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers:
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age Of Ultron

I think I heard somewhere he might cameo in Thor Ragnarok so even if that was true you'd think he would at least appear in Infinity War. I could see if those two were used he would have to do another contract signing for Captain Marvel but if he's not in Infinity War or even Ranarok, what were his other two cameos for his original contract? I really hope his appearances in Agents of SHIELD weren't used for that appearance count since you would want Nick Fury to at least cameo in most of these movies and appear here as Nick Fury if he has a major role.

the greenman

Well, dropping that bomb of info about the film taking place in the 90's with the Skrulls, things did seem surprising. Honestly, it felt kinda weird imho. Our main ideal was MCU's female GL in a way. How hard is that? Of course Feige and co. said they didn't want to do that.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Staff member
It's hard to judge Geneva, since none of her major films are out yet, but it seems she's already making her mark writing for female-led action films.

RoryWilliams

Regardless, the rewrites are not as extensive as the recent writer switches on The Batman or Flashpoint. According to Perlman, all the plot details previously revealed still hold true, and that Geneva's script is not a complete rewrite. So it sounds like they're still working off the same basic skeleton.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Regardless, the rewrites are not as extensive as the recent writer switches on The Batman or Flashpoint. According to Perlman, all the plot details previously revealed still hold true, and that Geneva's script is not a complete rewrite. So it sounds like they're still working off the same basic skeleton.
8/17: Nice! I think that was the same situation for Perlman with the first GoTG then Gunn was brought on?

9/13: Andy Nicholson joins as Production Designer.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Gold Guy

Staff member
Well, still in talks, but I hope he signs up. I like Jude Law, and can totally see him playing Mar-Vell (or at least the blue version; less so the original design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts