"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
28065_10152259137652708_840364513_n.jpg

Kick ass poster. Found it on Empire Magazine Facebook page.

Frontier

Staff member
The guy with the gun near Batroc is Brock/Crossbones right?

But, yeah, a very nice and retro poster for the movie :).

Michael24

Staff member
Saw that on Facebook over the weekend. Awesome retro poster. Unfortunately, it won't be available to the public, since it was a gift for the cast and crew after shooting wrapped. They did a similar retro poster for the first film as well.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The film was released here in the UK today and I managed to view it this evening.

What a spectacular film it is, the plot, the stunning staging, the refreshing lack of CGI, the film is utterly brilliant.

I am already eagerly anticipating Captain America 3. I hope this one gets the box office returns it so richly deserves.

Please stay for the entire end credits, there are two stinger scenes.

the greenman

Yeah honestly though I can do without two stingers. Unfortunately they just might continue the phenomenon, seeing how Feige said they are included with the budget of the film. I also like the idea of other directors taking a stab at them.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Both of the stingers expand the universe, and do not feel tacked on, or included because of tradition.

Without spoiling anything, the first one added to my intrigue of a future Marvel movie, while not feeling out of place in this movie, and the second one helped round out this movie, while getting me excited for Captain America 3.

Worth sticking around for, despite how badly you will need to pee :)

ShadowStar

I saw the movie today - it was great! Definitely darker and more intense than I was expecting. The best phase 2 film to date, I'd say. Falcon's role in the climactic battle was especially fun to watch. I wasn't able to stay for the scene at the very end of the credits but I did see the mid-credits one and it was very interesting. I'd better hold off on mentioning a couple of plot points that are worth raising because the spoiler brackets would be too much of a temptation for some people. I know I would've been ticked if someone had spoiled The Avengers for me before its release, and as I said this is the closest in quality to that film of the recent MCU films.

the greenman

I'm so glad that Cap 2 is getting such great reviews, because now MARVEL can prove they can orchestrate a good film on the solo efforts. Thor: The Dark World was entertaining too, but admittedly neither Iron Man 3 nor that film reached back up to the height of Avengers.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Hey folks! I will aim to have the talkback thread for this film up at 12:01am (ET), though there may be a slight delay. For those catching the preview showings, please hang on until the talkback thread is open, or post your thoughts in here under spoiler space. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts