"Captain America: Brave New World" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

CaptainAmericaNewWorldOrder.jpg

RELEASE DATE: February 14, 2025
August 26, 2024 May 3, 2024

Yeah I don't normally post the threads about the pre speculation when Marvel announces a big news project but I happened to see this and no one has made one and I feel like talking about it.

WARNING! SPOILERS FOR THE LAST EPISODE OF FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER BELOW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Yeah that's right we are getting a FOURTH Captain America movie. And for those asking "well didn't Steve Rogers get old and go on to live with Peggy how can he be Captain America" well... the answer it's not him whose going to be Captain America in this movie.

Since yes this is going to be a Captain America moving starring Anthony Mackie's Sam Wilson former Falcon and now full Captain America. I normally would put that in spoiler tags but

A. The spoiler warning was up on top of the thread

B. I gave another one and

C. The impact of how important this is needs to be told up front with WHO Captain America is and why this is such a big deal.

And this honestly is such a huge cool thing and major props to Marvel for announcing this right away. I mean the ending of the show made it clear "oh we're having Sam as Captain Falcon and doing something with him" but I kind of thought they were just going to retool the show more but... no we are at the very least getting another full on actual theatrical movie. So anyone who says "don't watch the Disney plus shows" is going to feel really stupid and confused when they see Captain America Sam Wilson since yeah Avengers Endgame teased it but trust me WATCH FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER IF YOU HAVEN'T because it means so much more if you do. And props also for getting the guy who wrote the show to write the script here so the themeing should be as good. I do hope now that it's more focused as a movie they can up some of the action scenes since I don't think the last episode had that great a one but yeah so amped for this and really shows how Marvel gets carrying on a legacy of a character. Not to mention this opens the idea of other series coming back but just with different people. We're not likely going to get another Iron man movie with Robert Downy Jr's Tony Stark but I have a feeling we are going to get another Iron man movie of some kind so yeah awesome news share your hopes on what this Sam Wilson lead Captain America movie will be here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
Wow, Marvel Studios sure works fast :p.

I'm down for a Sam Cap movie building off the show (and this will probably be the most direct fallout of a Disney+ show aside from Wanda being in the Dr. Strange sequel) and continuing the story of the Cap mythos on-film :).

I'm kind of curious what direction they'll go in...

MOD NOTE: Locked for 5 days out of consideration for spoilers. - Yojimbo

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly with so many official news sources reporting on it, this is happening. It's just something that Marvel wanted to have their own special coverage on and information they gave out that got leaked ahead of time which happens every now and then. Remember how hard Hailee Steinfeld tried denying she was playing Kate Bishop for months after that was leaked and then it was leaked she was on the Hawkeye set and later officially confirmed she is playing Kate? Pretty much same thing here; Marvel probably has it pushed back later in it's schedule and is still trying to figure out some things about it but yeah pretty obvious it is happening with how much positive press Falcon and the Winter Soldier got and how that show ended and the hype buzz at the announcement of the idea. May be awhile before we get more concrete news on it but that doesn't change the fact it is happening.

powerjake

Banned
Could this possibly be a brand new trilogy for Captain America in the MCU?.

I hope that happens as I've enjoyed the trilogy of movies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/28:It was hinted some of the Disney+ shows would be one season and/or lead in to a movie(s). The Falcon and The Winter Soldier being 1 season and shifting to a movie trilogy could be an example. But like Frontier said, depends on what story they have to tell. Perhaps the movie will delve more into what Contessa is doing. I'm sure Malcolm Spellman and co. had some great ideas they didn't have real estate to use and could incorporate it into a movie or three and/or Feige has some plan already.

5/30: Allegedly, Sharon Carter/Power Broker was going to be the main villain but her role is reduced to fan reaction and a new villain will be used.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Let me put this out there: I don't think fans should be dictating what direction TV shows and movies should go in. If Feige believes in his vision, he should see it through the way he intended. Fans are fickle and tend to want what is worst for their franchises. I don't like the idea of Power Broker being reworked just because it caused some fans conniptions.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Let me put this out there: I don't think fans should be dictating what direction TV shows and movies should go in. If Feige believes in his vision, he should see it through the way he intended. Fans are fickle and tend to want what is worst for their franchises. I don't like the idea of Power Broker being reworked just because it caused some fans conniptions.
Yeah, the only reason I could really get behind is if they were going to make Sharon a straight up evil villain in Cap 4 but after reading the fan reactions, they realized she was better off staying in the morally gray area manipulating things for a bit longer in secret.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I personally hated the twist so I feel like their time is better spent elsewhere, but I'd rather this plot point get addressed if they're going to go through with it anyways :rolleyes:.
Yeah, the only reason I could really get behind is if they were going to make Sharon a straight up evil villain in Cap 4 but after reading the fan reactions, they realized she was better off staying in the morally gray area manipulating things for a bit longer in secret.
They didn't really end her on a very morally gray note by the end of TF&TWS but I would like to think they'd be self-reflective enough to know some people wouldn't want to see Sharon Carter as an out-and-out villain :shrug:.

reflection01

I prefer to think they believe fan outrage brought up some good points. They’re putting out a product and they’re being responsive. I doubt this is the first time they’ve changed course because they felt something didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I prefer to think they believe fan outrage brought up some good points. They’re putting out a product and they’re being responsive. I doubt this is the first time they’ve changed course because they felt something didn’t work.

How do we know those points are good? We didn't see where Sharon's arc was headed. For all we know it could have turned out great and melodramatic in the best way. Instead, the producers chicken out due to backlash. That doesn't sit right with me.

For the record, I didn't love Sharon's heel-turn. But it shouldn't be up to me or any fan to tell Feige what to do.

Frontier

Staff member
How do we know those points are good? We didn't see where Sharon's arc was headed. For all we know it could have turned out great and melodramatic in the best way. Instead, the producers chicken out due to backlash. That doesn't sit right with me.

For the record, I didn't love Sharon's heel-turn. But it shouldn't be up to me or any fan to tell Feige what to do.
We didn't see where Sharon's arc was headed but considering the handling of the actual turn and reveal I don't think that's enough to guarantee that it would be potentially handled better down the road.

I don't think it needs to be seen as chickening out so much as taking in feedback and adjusting things accordingly.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
We didn't see where Sharon's arc was headed but considering the handling of the actual turn and reveal I don't think that's enough to guarantee that it would be potentially handled better down the road.

I don't think it needs to be seen as chickening out so much as taking in feedback and adjusting things accordingly.
Producers listening to fan feedback is the worst thing they can do. We tend to want what is worst for our franchises. I'm including me in this too, BTW. If I ran superhero comics and shows and got rid of all of the tropes and plot ideas I found stupid and unacceptable, nobody but me would read them anymore.

Frontier

Staff member
Producers listening to fan feedback is the worst thing they can do. We tend to want what is worst for our franchises. I'm including me in this too, BTW. If I ran superhero comics and shows and got rid of all of the tropes and plot ideas I found stupid and unacceptable, nobody but me would read them anymore.
I think it's fine to a certain extent. It doesn't even need to be just fan feedback but also general audience reaction.

They're not making things in a vacuum and sometimes it's important to take in feedback, although whether that feedback is valid or otherwise is probably in the eye of the beholder.

reflection01

I’m not going to question Feige’s process. Clearly they’ve taken fan feedback into account before and clearly it’s working.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts