Canadian TV Channels Schedule Updates

CNC

This week's schedule for Teletoon, because next week there's gonna be some significant changes for this channel. (the biggest change is making the midday lineup on-the-clock, finally I can take a break from using text boxes!)

Also, new Bakugan episodes are always about 1 month ahead of U.S. CN airings.

1598170621789.png

CNC

Sorry but as of now, I'm staying away from all the Family channels. There's WAY too many off-the-clock slots for me to do! (I don't know how their kids channels work but for some reason Corus is very addicted to off-the-clock scheduling, let alone the U.S. Disney Channel and Disney Junior. And don't get me started on the same shows airing on multiple kids channels up there)

I think D-man is responsible for periodically graphing the Canadian Disney channels. (except La Châine Disney, although I do that sometimes)

I also might graph Télétoon's schedule next week, but I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime however, here's this week's schedule for YTV. Note that I only graph these Corus kids channels periodically.

1598209756435.png

Onfy

Do you think Corus should restructure how they should run their channels?

Not sure... Corus has been like this since the late 00s, and they've been through several shakeups (notably, the Shaw merger) through the 2010s. They've had some ups and downs the past ten years, but they've NEVER returned to the much higher level of variety they used to have, or the lower level of advertising they used to have. (YTV and Teletoon aired no commercials through much of the daytime, many years ago.)

I should've also noted, that comment before was also about the contrast between Unis and Family, since they were in the same post. Repeats of an American primetime show that just got cancelled are super boring, we've already had plenty of opportunity to watch shows like that one... and Corus has had years to pick up those Naruto sequels, not to mention so many other things. They don't care anymore, but clearly if we had someone who cared around, the barrier to having more variety isn't that high. (Even throughout the last few years, Unis has had a pretty good variety in their programming. And I don't imagine they're paying that much for any of this stuff.)

Corus's kids TV competition: Family/Family Jr/CHRGD, Toon-A-Vision, Crave (VOD only), TVO, Knowledge.

Onfy

Either TV Guide's having some weird glitch, or CHRGD is being replaced by Télémagino next month... probably a weird glitch. (But a very funny-looking one.)

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-08-24 22-26-11.png
    Screenshot from 2020-08-24 22-26-11.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 245

Onfy

New shows on CBC Kids starting September 07:
The Adventures of Paddington at 7:30 AM
Remy & Boo at 9:00 AM
Love Monster at 9:11 AM

All times half an hour later in Newfoundland

CNC

This week's schedule for Teletoon, because next week there's gonna be some significant changes for this channel. (the biggest change is making the midday lineup on-the-clock, finally I can take a break from using text boxes!)

Also, new Bakugan episodes are always about 1 month ahead of U.S. CN airings.

View attachment 283257

And now....here's the newly revamped Teletoon schedule for the next week. Major shakeups all around, and lots and lots of repeats too.

1598727028153.png

CNC

Sorry but as of now, I'm staying away from all the Family channels. There's WAY too many off-the-clock slots for me to do! (I don't know how their kids channels work but for some reason Corus is very addicted to off-the-clock scheduling, let alone the U.S. Disney Channel and Disney Junior. And don't get me started on the same shows airing on multiple kids channels up there)

I think D-man is responsible for periodically graphing the Canadian Disney channels. (except La Châine Disney, although I do that sometimes)

I also might graph Télétoon's schedule next week, but I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime however, here's this week's schedule for YTV. Note that I only graph these Corus kids channels periodically.

View attachment 283264

And now....YTV's newly revamped schedule for next week. The biggest change, of course, is the overnight lineup. They're gonna air a few ABC shows, including Bob Saget's America's Funniest Home Videos, and a movie on Thursday. (again, double-repeats for those shows) Plus, even Avatar on Friday-Sunday. Also, loads more Henry Danger reruns all over.

1598727115479.png

Onfy

Somehow, Zap2it seems to think TVO is airing Diabolik Lovers II: More Blood on Monday. I'll be... very surprised if they actually do.
Screenshot from 2020-09-01 12-59-54.png

TV Guide, TV Passport, and TVO's own website all say it's an episode of Abby Hatcher, which seems slightly more fitting for 7:55 AM.

In things that aren't very weird errors (but you'll wish they were), Caillou begins airing on Yoopa on Monday. Why.

Last edited:

CNC

This is how Canada will broadcast We Bare Bears: The Movie next week.

ruJrEoF.png

LnvvaYX.png

Last edited:

Mohji

Toon-a-Vision is adding Tenkai Knights and Redakai: Conquer the Kairu to the schedule, starting today. They will air on weekday evenings together with Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal:

5:00PM - Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
5:30PM - Tenkai Knights
6:00PM - Redakai: Conquer the Kairu

CNC

This week's TV schedule for Family CHRGD. I tend to avoid graphing TV channels with way too many off-the-clock timeslots but this week was the most on-the-clock they could ever do!

py3Khy3.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts