Canadian TV Channels Schedule Updates

Onfy

CTV2 and Vrak also air the show previously too. Degrassi, so far is one of those shows that spread over various networks. Next to The Haunting Hour.
I only recall Haunting Hour being on YTV, Family, CHCH, and its current home on Toon-A-Vision. (Weird, since it isn't a cartoon.)

Onfy

Teletoon (French) Fall premieres:
Pokémon Journeys: September 5 at 12:00 PM
Bugs et les Looney Tunes season 3: September 6 at 4:30 PM

Schedule seems frozen otherwise.

Surprisingly, we're getting a change on Nickelodeon Canada. Reruns of The Legend of Korra of all things will begin airing every day at 3:30 PM starting August 31. (Will this be the first time the later episodes ever air on TV?)

(The answer: No. But this is probably the first time for Canada.)

In addition to airing on Treehouse as mentioned previous in this thread, apparently Toon-A-Vision has Paw Patrol: Ready Race Rescue, as well as Mighty Pups, after a while of the show being off the schedule. The two movies are being run together, and are premiering at Midnight AT (great time) on August 15, followed by a rerun at 7:00 PM AT, and more reruns EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AFTER FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. They must really be proud of their little coup.

Don't ask how Chilly Beach makes a good lead-in for Paw Patrol. Just don't.

Last edited:

CNC

Ahh, maybe. I can't remember.

We Bare Bears: The Movie premieres September 7 at 7:00 PM on Teletoon, apparently in rare simulcast with Cartoon Network US.
This probably means the movie will air at 6p in the U.S. (since CN ends at 8p here)

Not sure if they'll premiere the movie commercial-free on both channels, but that would be amazing.

Onfy

This probably means the movie will air at 6p in the U.S. (since CN ends at 8p here)

Not sure if they'll premiere the movie commercial-free on both channels, but that would be amazing.
The slot is 90 minutes, it runs until 8:30.

I'm not sure Corus's current system, aside from Treehouse, is capable is running without breaks. Teletoon's daytime programming used to run without commercials, but since the Shaw merger the shorter slots have had 3 very short breaks instead. (Usually with just a promo or two.)

Interesting YTV schedule update: They'll be airing reruns of Avatar: The Last Airbender, weekend nights at 2 AM with a repeat at 5 AM, two episodes in a row, instead of America's Funniest Home Videos. This will be the first time they've run an older Nicktoon in a while. Haven't spotted anything else.

Mc123

Corus posted their highlights for their French networks. However, the kids networks has yet to have their posted. They are most likely incomplete. Alongside that, it seem that Télétoon La Nuit will have various changes that are quite interesting:
  • A new logo and layout will be introduced
  • One of the new series, Télétoon Show will be shown at 11pm. Which most likely hint that The Simpsons will no longer carry a its obligatory run at 6,9 and 11pm.
I only recall Haunting Hour being on YTV, Family, CHCH, and its current home on Toon-A-Vision. (Weird, since it isn't a cartoon.)

From my experience, the channels that have aired the series in the last years included Teletoon (Season 1 only), Télétoon (Season 2 only), YTV, La chaîne Disney (most likely the same as Télétoon), Nick Canada (short run), Family, Much (morning marathon), CHCH and Toon-a-vision.

Onfy

Alongside that, it seem that Télétoon La Nuit will have various changes that are quite interesting:
  • A new logo and layout will be introduced
The logo was already being used in a few places before this was even announced, I guess all the competent people remaining at Corus in Quebec got sacked.
One of the new series, Télétoon Show will be shown at 11pm. Which most likely hint that The Simpsons will no longer carry a its obligatory run at 6,9 and 11pm.
Not that all this Simpsons might've been stable with Disney around. Or Bell.
From my experience, the channels that have aired the series in the last years included Teletoon (Season 1 only), Télétoon (Season 2 only), YTV, La chaîne Disney (most likely the same as Télétoon), Nick Canada (short run), Family, Much (morning marathon), CHCH and Toon-a-vision.
Ah yes, I forgot about Much randomly having the show for about 5 minutes... what the heck was going on there?

Onfy

More new stuff on the French Teletoon for September: (suprisingly a lot of shows for a channel with such a lethargic schedule... can they air something besides Mysticons for a bit?)
Justice League Unlimited: September 01 at 3:00 AM (Currently scheduled in 11 minute slots, hilariously.)
Ollie's Pack: September 12 at 10:30 AM
Thundercats Roar: September 19 at 11:30 AM

Télétoon la nuit:
Les frères Apocalypse: September 17 at 9:30 PM
Le Télétoon Show: September 25 at 11:00 PM

Treehouse:
Paw Patrol (Season 6): September 5 at 10:20 AM
The Dog & Pony Show: September 5 at 11:15 AM (Wait, so Treehouse is airing it before YTV?)

TVO and Knowledge right now:

Onfy

Starting on September 12, Unis will be airing the French dubs of Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals and Boruto at 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM respectively. Terrible time slots aside, this is pretty huge, it's the first time these will have ever been on Canadian TV.

In the much more boring world of Family, God Friended Me starts September 1 at 8:00 PM.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 5th anniversary to my favorite PBS Kids show, Nature Cat!
As a Black Friday offer, CBS All Access is offering new customers a 30 day free trial. To redeem the offer, use code TURKEY.
Happy 10th anniversary Tangled.

Jada Pinkett Smith's new animated short "Cops and Robbers" nearly ended up on Nick rather than Netflix Jada Pinkett Smith on Police Brutality and Animated Short ‘Cops and Robbers’ (EXCLUSIVE)