Cameron Boyce Dead At 20

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Cameron Boyce, known for playing Luke in Jessie and Bunk'd, Carlos in the Descendants movies, and was the second voice for Jake on Jake And The Neverland Pirates, has died at the age of 20. May he rest in peace.

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
Oh, my God. This is truly devastating. I about gasped when I saw the headline. "That can't be who I think it is," I thought.

I didn't realize Cameron even had a medical condition. Maybe it was something he just didn't want to make well known.

While I was never a fan of the material Cameron was in, he did seem like a pretty good person. I remember seeing a bumper on Disney Channel that revealed that his grandmother was one of the Clinton Twelve, which I thought was really cool. And man, he was in a lot of Disney stuff. He was the lead in a Disney XD show, he started out in Jessie and I think later guest starred in Bunk'd, he was a main character in Descendents (guess this means no fourth movie) and so on. It's sad to lose any young person, but losing a celebrity that I've seen grown up for the past several years is especially heartbreaking.

Rest in peace, Cameron. You will be missed by many.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019
Billerica
I was browsing the forums today around 8:15AM when I found out about Boyce’s death. While I never really liked Jessie or the Descendants movies, his work was very special. This is one of the first celebrity deaths that has hit me inside. When I see most of these teen deaths I think they are hoaxes, but given the statements from his family, I am convinced this one is true. My deepest condolences to Boyce’s family and his Jessie and Descendants co-stars. Cameron may be gone, but he will always be alive in our hearts. May he Rest In Peace.

Cameron Boyce
May 28, 1999-July 6, 2019

Last edited:

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
I found this out early this morning after watching a rerun of Jessie on Disney Channel. It's sad that this had to happen right when could've gone on to things beyond Disney Channel. At least there's still the upcoming Descendants movie.

RIP Mr. Boyce

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
This is such tragic news. I was so shocked when I heard the news earlier this morning. I didn't even know he had a medical condition, but it is possible that they didn't want to draw in too much attention to it. He was so young and while I didn't watch too much of his roles, a lot of people clearly did, especially with the Descendants movies. I think I only heard a bit about his humanitarian work, but it was nice that he wanted to focus on that as well.

He was just so young and the statements from the people he worked with shows how much of an impression Cameron had. It is such a shame that his career was cut so tragically short. I'm sure that Disney Channel will dedicate the next Descendants movie for Cameron. My heart goes out to his friends and family members too. It sounds like his parents, siblings and grandparents are dealing with this heavy loss, which sounds far too much for any of them to bare. I hope that Cameron is at peace and that his family and friends will be okay as they grieve.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Mar 16, 2002
Texas
Visit site
I just found out about this now and I'm completely shocked!!!

Although Jessie could have been a bit better, I really liked him in the Descendants movies. From what I saw of him in real life, I thought he was a sweet and lovable person.

I'll never forget that Ultimate Spiderman Halloween episode which had the cast of Jessie in it. Cameron Boyce had some pretty good dialogue in it.

RIP Cameron Boyce. I'll never forget you.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
May 25, 2010
Cartoon Headquarters
Was surprised by the news as well. Didn't see it coming. Didn't know he had a condition. Didn't pay attention to him really, just caught him randomly on various episodes of Jessie and Gamer's Guide as well as Descendants. At least visually stood out. No idea how he was like off camera. But I still feel a bit sad about it. At least due to his age if nothing else. Shame. RIP, Cam.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
This tweet sums up my feelings on Cameron's death perfectly (though I'm actually 2 years older than him, which makes it worse.)
I never kept up with his post-Jessie work, but back when I was into live-action sitcoms, Jessie was one of my favorites, so this really hits me. I practically grew up with this guy in the 4 years the show was airing, so hearing the news of his passing out of left field, at only 20 years old, was nothing short of shocking. I wasn't prepared for this at all. I can't imagine how Debby Ryan, his on-set "nanny" must be feeling right now. I'm thinking about how she just got engaged a few months ago and now Cameron isn't gonna be at her wedding. Okay, I'm making myself feel worse. Rest in peace, Cameron.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

The red carpet premiere of Descendants 3 scheduled for July 22 has been cancelled. There will instead be money donated to one of the charities he was involved in. The movie will also be dedicated in memory of him.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Cancelling the red carpet premiere was definitely a good call. It's so soon after his passing that I think it would be far too hard on the other cast members to make a public appearance or be focused on the movie. It was quite touching that they asked permission from Cameron's family to dedicate the movie in his memory. Donating some money to one of the charities he was involved in was also a touching gesture.

Reactions: Fone Bone and RDG