C&C - The Promised Neverland - "150146" [6/29]

Latest News & Videos

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.

Previously on The Promised Neverland: On the evening before Ray's departure, Emma reveals she has never given up the idea of escape. While Isabella closely watched her and Ray, Don and Gilda continue preparing for their escape. Ray proposes they set the house on fire that night as a distraction. After Emma agrees, Ray reveals that he plans to set himself alight, to distract Isabella and deny the demons their feast. As the clock chimes midnight, the now twelve-year-old Ray starts the fire. As it spreads, the children evacuate and Emma severs her ear so she cannot be tracked. Isabella tries to extinguish the fire and save Ray, who she thinks is engulfed in flames, but the children had wrapped meat and hair in his clothes as a decoy. Months earlier, Norman told Emma of Ray's plan to burn himself and prepared a counter-plan for her, which meant that they were already prepared to escape. The children reach the boundary and prepare to scale the wall, but Ray notices the younger ones are not with them. Meanwhile, Isabella goes to contact headquarters, but finds the keyhole plugged. However, she manages to rescue the transmitter as the building burns. Outside, Isabella realizes that the children, including Ray, are alive. One little boy tugs at her skirt and she sees that it is Phil.

Tonight: As Emma and Norman continue to surprise Ray, the fated night finally arrives. As Phil holds on to Mom, what will he say?

Notes: And this it, folks. Tonight marks the season finale of The Promised Neverland. It's been a short, but fun ride and I hope you all have enjoyed it too. If so, you'll be pleased to know that season 2 of Promised Neverland is currently in production and is planned to premiere in 2020. It, of course, remains to be seen if Season 2 will air on Toonami, but if you hope it does then be sure to support the series and show your love for it however you can. But for now, let's bid a fond, hopefully temporary, farewell to Emma, Ray, and all the other orphans of Grace Field House.

And with your hand in my hand
I am closer now to finding Neverland

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Previously on Promised Neverland: Chekhov's Orphanage. If there is an orphanage in a story, it will inevitably be set on fire.

Phil's a precocious little scamp.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Gotta admit, she does look good with her hair down. I mean, notwithstanding the fact she's a soulless monster.

And there's the last-minute redemptive villain flashback.