C&C - Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld - "Ray of Light" [SEASON FINALE] [4/4]

Latest News & Videos

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
Tonight on SAO, it's the beginning of the end!
There's actually a light at the end of this tunnel?

Last time: I'd criticize what's-her-name's speech on saving the world by staying in and playing video games, but...

THIS IS AWESOME! I LOVE KILLING PEOPLE! ...in video games, of course.

So they're indiscriminate killers.

Oooooooookay, that was...this show has really been ramping up the gore lately.

Did he always have rocket feet?

Last edited:

animePWNS

Hello again...
Apr 9, 2005
Maryland
So Orcus is not sitting on his throne for this.

AH! EYE SCREAM! SICK!

The eyes are the windows to the soul. Apparently, shattering one of them is proof of his honesty.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
And now Asuna's down an arm.

This is all just channeling of their insecurities and sexual frustrations.

Indifferent, heartless fiends. Yup, that's us Americans, all right!

Oh, nice one, Alice in Dunderland.

And one quick rape face before we go to commercial.

Reactions: marklungo

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
"Say goodbye to the real world."
Been there, done that, TOM.

This world will be destroyed?! You mean these Red Knight players will have to go back to their real lives!?

Yeah? Well, if the Dark Emperor told you to jump off a bridge, would you?

"I cannot let anyone else slash you. Only I deserve the right to."
Was that an innuendo?

It's nice to see two common enemies putting aside their differences and joining together to defeat the Americans. Oh wait...

His name is Champion? What if someone beats him? Would he be "Ex-Champion" or "Former Champion" then?

Oh no. He's coming after Kirito now. How terrible.

Aaaaand another rape face. This show has never had to tell us who the villains are.

Fear the wrath of 20,000 fat pissed-off American virgins!

And enter the damsel.

You can tell by the way he uses his walk, he's a rapist man, no time to talk.
Third one this episode...

Last edited:

animePWNS

Hello again...
Apr 9, 2005
Maryland
So that's the ray of light.

Aaaaand it ends with Alice still in Vecta's clutches. Stop making me anxious for the show's return.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Glad at least one group is willing to side with them once it's out in the open y'know they'll all die.

Seemed rather anticlimactic when Vecta swooped in, nabbed Alice, and knocked her out...

Huh, I guess Ishaku earned the title of Champion and sheds his real name as a result.

Vassagio is going after Kirito? Rut ro. Next season would be a good time to wake up, man.

Way to make an entrance, Sinon. :D

Still felt like an abrupt season finale ending though.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
Still felt like an abrupt season finale ending though.
Yeahhhh...I think a lot of seasonal anime based off ongoing manga/novels have this problem.When you're lucky, you have a good stopping point, but at this point in the arc, there wasn't any way to make a smooth transition. The first act of Alicization got lucky, having a much better place to end it.

Reactions: Yojimbo

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
What a girl power episode, except for Alice getting kidnapped. With this cour, the show felt better without Kirito. Doesn't exactly make up for the franchise's tendency to have women mostly serve as victims. SAO is probably the most polarizing anime of all time, but A-1 Pictures gave us some great action scenes as always, even if the story isn't all that hot. It was way better than the shows that replaced Dr. Stone and Fire Force (aka slot cuts). Even if it's a sometimes frustrating and flawed anime, it still has its moments and I'm glad we got something new in 2020.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
After today I will have watched 24 episodes of the original Star Trek so far (the pilot and the first 23 regular episodes).
Fone Bone grips stuffed Elmo tightly and rocks back and forth. Just hold out until November. Things will get better. They'll have to.
Current events are freaking terrifying me.