Latest News & Videos

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City

Opening Theme: Resister by Asca
Ending Theme: Forget-me-not by ReoNa

Tonight on SAO, the final battle against Administrator begins!

NOTES: After tonight, only one episode left before the mid-season break. The anime should return sometime in 2020... Anyways, no spoilers!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
Last time: The joker is mild.

She's gonna be nude for the entire fight, isn't he?

I hope the Sword Golem never needs to scratch his nose.

She won't stop gloating about her admin privileges.

An AI Instrumentality Project.

So far this episode has been half-gloating and half-"you-monster-is-there-no-end-to-your-cruelty."

Are we going to fight or wax philosophical about NPCs?

And she's only appeared in four, five episodes tops...

And this accomplishes...what again?

Last edited:
Reactions: marklungo

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
No one ever says, "I want to be a sword when I grow up."

Eugeo's father: "POOF! You're a sword!"

"Hey, check it out! I'm a sword! Cool, huh? Anyone need stabbing?"

System call, generate Photoshop cloud filter on mask layer.

I hope you kept the receipt.

Every other guy we meet on this show is either Klein, a rapist, or totally useless.

A naked girl with an arm missing. The perfect metaphor for this season so far.

"You do not have to win all the time, and if you lose, does it even matter?"
I'm sure certain otaku who watch this show would mind very much.

Do it for the spider!

Go lie down for a bit and let the man fight this naked chick.

So Eugeo's true calling was to turn himself into a sword and throw his life away in an ineffective kamikaze attack?

Last edited:

Mr. Anime

Sep 12, 2006
New York
Oh look, Cardinal and Eugeo died so Kirito can get mad enough to go full serous God-mode Gary Stu. Now he's really going to punish that evil harlot. Yay.

God, I hate this series.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Good job, Eugeo. You couldn't figure it out before Cardinal died pointlessly? At least you did something right and killed the golem prototype.

So Kirito, survivor of many MMORPGs and guy who has many sword moves up the wazoo in his head, can you beat the psycho naked one armed lady? Eh, probably. Next week's the finale I believe.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Okay, this was a WTF episode. The characters do a pre Kai DBZ style staredown and trashtalk for half the episode, then Cardinal dies, then Eugeo turns into a CGI sword and gets killed. The whole Eugeo turning into a sword thing is the most what on earth scene in the show thus far. This and Food Wars make up the trashy Toonami shows, except that SAO is all serious and pretends to be deep and serious when it has a naked villain who's just a generic evil emperess and a guy turning into a sword. The trash is actually less entertaining then seasons 1 and 2 as season 1's premise is what got everyone into the show (a premise that was rushed into being finished in 13 or so episodes.) Season 2 had the popular character Sinon and lightsabers and the cheesy as can be Death Gun. Season 3 doesn't really seem to work as well as a stupid, turn your brain off action show as the action scenes seem to be blink and you miss. I know that SAO fans on TVtropes seem to salivate over this season, but I don't get why. I think they are the only community that really likes this season.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I hope Quinella gets killed off next episode and presumably this Alicization arc continues into another season but transitions into a more Lord of the Rings format with Kirito and co. involved in fighting the Dark Kingdom. I'm guessing the only way for Kirito to "finish" and wake up is to conquer the Dark Kingdom probably with a few more MacGuffins along the way.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.