C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Four Talkback

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"The Vat of Acid Episode" - Oh hey remember how in the last two episodes we were talking about how much more generally friendlier Rick and Morty seemed to one another and seemed like they got along better and weren't just razzing or dunking on the other? Yeah sure not the case with this episode. Which honestly sees Rick at probably his most generally bitter and vindicative though in a weird way I feel this is actually justiifed more then say crushing Morty's chance of a Netflix career from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Morty" because this at least comes from being generally dissed and insulted by Morty and comes more from the idea that Rick can't really handle criticism about some of his more specific inventions that he gets oddly passionate about. And that he made clear to Morty this was how he was dunking him and also pointed out "hey you could of known what you were doing the entire time but just wanted to have fun and not know the truth" so honestly it doesn't come across as aggrevitating at least for me seeing Morty flounder around this time. Especially because despite Morty getting some good jabs on how some of Rick's inventions aren't as good and the vat of acid wasn't that great an idea, he should know better at this point then to ask Rick to build him something that Rick wouldn't really have any interest in as yeah those always have such a shoddy track record. I do like also bringing up the dragon episode and Pickle Rick epsiode (though Morty or even Rick should of pointed out how derrisive that episode can be since the team do know the general fan reaction to a lot of their work) as well as how Rick won't do things done in Futurama or copy things he saw Ant Man And The Wasp do (though wasn't Avengers Endgame more the whole going back in time through differing realities thing?) when trying to make his point. Plus I do actually like how sort of experimental they got in that montage especially of actually having this super long scene of Morty actually meeting the girls of his dream and having this long relationship with her and getting into this accident and managing to survive and that being ruined accidentally by Jerry (actually though they appear in cameo is this the first episode neither Beth or Summer really have any lines in? would have to be at least for this season) and though kind of Up esque was actually well constructed.

And honestly some solid laughs in this one as well from those mobsters gabbing around forever in the whole to Morty getting bored and annoyed and winding up trying to shoot them and Rick having to finish the job to Rick saying there aren't bad ideas just bad execution and Rick proving he made the time skipper by shooting Morty and then getting him into another fake acid bath at the end. Probably not as good as the last two as it wasn't as interesting or amusing but I still liked it and even liked the shift in the dynamic as honestly it would also get old if Rick and Morty were more friendly to one another especially of they didn't have anyone else to bunce off of so yeah solid enough episode this week.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Good episode this week. It was kinda funny and the silent montage with Morty saving his place and especially meeting a girl and becoming her boyfriend was fantastic. Easily the best part of the episode. The last 30 seconds with the guy dying to acid was funny too. I liked this more than the last 2 episodes. It’s my third favorite of the season now. Overall, it’s a B episode.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Something I noticed from these recent episodes is that Rick and Morty are nicer to each other now.
So much for that! LOL!

I liked how that extended Morty dating adventure kept you guessing as to how it would end. When you do something like that you'd better have a darn good gag waiting. And they did -- darn that Jerry!

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
91697327_10157965230536745_5517949380881022976_o.jpg

Season 4 Episode 9: Childrick of Mort

Synopsis: Miracle of life broh. Whole family in this one broh.​

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
We're getting high! ...on nature.

With Rick, everything becomes sci-fi eventually.

How does someone...with a planet? And why am I asking this?

You are what?!

Sega Dreamcast? Are we vacationing in 1999 now?

Damn Summer.

And Rick starts an Occupy Pregnant Planet movement.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

So Rick has to be both a parent and a social engineer.

These things are like a strange mix of Rick, cookies, and Mr. Meeseeks.

That's why you need to get a DNA test in situations like this.

Nobodyman

[as] calling out the Snyder cut.

Metalocalypse though. Ouch.

Rick uses Siri?

So is this God or just a god?

Nobodyman

Morty and Summer just killed God. And not just metaphorically.

A Zeus? As in more than one? What about Jupiter?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Yeah, I've said this before, I'm saying it loud and proud again because it bears repeating...

I really do think Jerry is terrible & to find some real happiness in general, he should leave again after what happened here. The show functioned better without him in S3, the more I look back at it, IMHO. Besides, nobody really likes him, including most of the show's audience, which includes myself.

You can fight on this if you want, but I think the show functioned better, even from the very beginning, when Jerry wasn't a vocal point for someone to condescend to / berate / argue with. Much more fun, too.
I just fear this show's gonna be back into Jerry & Beth arguing constantly again. Those scenes weren't fun, just boring and annoying because of how old/repetitive they got, honestly... I was hoping the writers knew better than that - I've learned not to trust them, even when they happen to do good, thanks to whom to really focus on here and there (the names in the title, that is...).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Childrick Of Mort" - I do wish Rick was called out more at the end of the episode. Since yeah he did actually get kicked and smashed in by Zeus and inadvertingly saved by Morty and Summer but if he's laying into the rest of the family for screwing up someone should point out his fault at the end. Even in the zinger if Summer pointed out how sad he is for wanting to be a planet screwer (though the "I knew what you were watching saw it for a minute" was still funny) would of made it more worth it. Also though at least it was given a twist in the form of it being over the spewed out god kids thought the writers had been given the message people we really done seeing Beth and Jerry fight and would stop with that so trying to find a way to bring that back didn't feel necessary but eh at least the "I can smell your stink ask your god next time to give you a flood to wash you off" was at least amusing. Still I did like this one a lot. I am glad to get another actual full family episode and to actually focus on differing groups. I like the idea of Beth actually wanting to help these kids finding out Rick seemingly fathered them so they wouldn't be as screwed up as she was actually showing her development from "The ABCs of Beth" of actually realizing her own screwed up nature and wanting to better someone else's and her and Rick working well to actually make a society for the kids. And though a pretty basic plot the idea of Jerry winding up washing away with the losers and ruling over them and rejecting camping worked if only for him admitting wanting to be listened to and honestly Summer telling him off was called out for being yeah even if deserved a bit wicked. And also like the idea of Morty and Summer thinking they found a ship that responds well to their drug and video game needs and winding up just luckily crashing into that Zeus head. And there was a lot of good jokes from Rick converting the car into a ship and pushing Jerry into the back Rick admitting to screwing a planet (you know if they made an Ant Man and the Wasp joke weird to have no Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 bit here), Rick and Beth christening the society and the singers for it and Rick trying to say dependent on the song he could actually sing, Zeus showing up in cloud form just to look more appeasing to Gaea and his battle with Rick and Rick disgusted at Summer drinking the exhaust fluid line. Kind of wanted a more generally "everyone sucks and gets one at each other" ending but yeah solid episode giving us differing pairs to work with and unique team ups and finally more of the faimly which hope we also have next time considering the title and everything.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Yeah, I've said this before, I'm saying it loud and proud again because it bears repeating...

I really do think Jerry is terrible & to find some real happiness in general, he should leave again after what happened here. The show functioned better without him in S3, the more I look back at it, IMHO. Besides, nobody really likes him, including most of the show's audience, which includes myself.

You can fight on this if you want, but I think the show functioned better, even from the very beginning, when Jerry wasn't a vocal point for someone to condescend to / berate / argue with. Much more fun, too.
I just fear this show's gonna be back into Jerry & Beth arguing constantly again. Those scenes weren't fun, just boring and annoying because of how old/repetitive they got, honestly... I was hoping the writers knew better than that - I've learned not to trust them, even when they happen to do good, thanks to whom to really focus on here and there (the names in the title, that is...).
Full agreement. He absolutely deserved the hurtful thing Summer said to him and I hate how the writers were trying to make it about how Morty and Summer still needed him as if their mistakes were equal. Maybe if they redeemed Jerry beyond just saving Beth (literally no one thinks he's gonna let her fall to her death), I would've accepted that. Dude literally started a mutiny against his own wife all because she wanted Rick to atone for his past sin. Who cares about his stupid camping trip now that we know the motivation behind it? Jerry either needs to leave or get a job. For good this time.

Jeez Rick. At least watch that in the privacy of your own room.
>"Planets Only"
Guess OnlyPlanets is too on the nose, huh?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts