C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Four Talkback

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
To defeat an app...you just gotta put it behind a paywall.

Oof, glad Tony died before seeing that message.

Radiant97

Jewel Runner
Oh look, Jerry ruins everything! Oh look, Summer is a hormonal teenager! Okay to be fair to the latter, it does service the plot, so I'll give it a pass. Rick's subplot is ironically the least shıtty part of the episode, and I love that ending. It had some great gags here and there (the ISIS joke had me rolling) but overall it was pretty meh.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know I do kind of have to wonder if the Reason Jerry agreed to even do the app was more just a "screw you" to Rick then anything else and then later an excuse for him and Morty to have their own "save the world adventure". Which though isn't much of an upgrade for Jerry's character is at least better then him being easily conned and trying to weasel out of an excuse the entire episode and I admit I did really like the gag of him and Morty wondering how long they could get away with just threatening the aliens despite not having a weapon as well as Morty just flat out rejecting saying anything nice to his dad at the end. Plus in showing how the Smiths actually are a lot more functional I do appreciate how Beth was never on Jerry's case throughout the ep and didn't go through with using the app plus was actually committed in trying to make sure Summer didn't screw up her life... granted in actually fighting her daughter but still actually done in a respectful way plus I do like how unlike a lot of relationship or love virus kind of stories the idea of the app of constantly switching who your partner would be even if they really aren't compatitable at all works. Though yeah Rick's story this time around was by far the best. The "Space Beverly Hillbillies" though funny feels like a joke that the team sort of ripped off TeamFoursStar's Dragon Ball Z Abridged and them putting Space in front of something to suddenly make it a new thing but Rick saying the lady should watch it to get his joke was funny. Also yeah I really don't see how people don't get that Rick's isolationism and issues obviously do not make him some sort of super heroic or cool kind of figure by the end of this episode. He easily ended wars and mob deals just to find someone crapping in his own personal toilet but when faced with the idea that guy could actually be his friend and got why Rick needed such a personal toilet got all clingy and dependent in a refusal way even after the guy died. Like for as much of an "all knowing god" as Rick is percieved as it's clear he has some obvious issues that the team pretty heavily do point out. Also really liked Morty pointing out "Rick didn't tell us about the app guy because of how lazy he is at explanations" which yeah is also a thing with him. I think the last episode was better plotted honestly and had bigger laughs but I appreciate this using more of the rest of the family and going with different pair ups. Nothing outstanding but a solid enough episode. Certainly one of the best cartoon eps I've seen where a huge focus of it is literal toilet or bathroom humor or connection of some kind.

Dantheman

I loved the "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" feel to when Beth was trying to stop Summer a la flying the hang glider.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
(S04E02): Not bad this week... At the very least, (as much as I ain't a fan of it, regardless.) I got some proof that someone out there knows how to make toilet/fart humor with some class. Thanks for that much, R&M. Too bad we're back to Jerry being a loser as usual - BLEGH.

(S04E01) was OK - but I feel this latest episode is where we're actually getting back to speed here. Must be the writers pulling themselves together after S3 wasn't well recieved, which makes perfect sense, honestly.

trance2009

Good night everybody!
I feel like Jerry really needs to come into his own due to the pecking order retcon.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
I feel like Jerry really needs to come into his own due to the pecking order retcon.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trust these writers, let alone directors/producers dictating them, to do that anytime soon, if at all - as lovely as that honestly sounds to implement into this show, as well.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Season 4 Episode 3: One Crew Over the Crewcoo's Morty

Synopsis: Twists and turns abound.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
That was a Arby's bag.

Anti-booby suits? I should wear one next time Food Wars is on.

Catherines Alpha Through Omega Jones.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Love to get the gang back together again...only to disband them once you get in.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
Pokemon Arceus Legends probably lends itself to an R-rated movie adaptation more than any other actual Pokemon game
Did you know that the announcer for the Laff TV Network is Cam "Buzz" Brainard? he was the former voice over announcer for Disney Channel.
Happy 76th to Micky Dolenz of the Monkees. Animation fans may know him best as the first voice of Arthur from The Tick.

A new Sony movie is in development called K Pop: Demon Hunters.
Micahel Cataldo wrote on HungryBIte 19's profile.
Hi there.

Featured Posts