C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Four Talkback

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Today's the day of the season 4 premiere of Rick and Morty

Season 4 Episode 1: Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat

Synopsis: Morty goes nuts; Rick does stuff.

In case you missed the Season 4 trailer here's the trailer.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Driving under the influence of death crystal.

Is that a Pink Floyd reference?

Hey, Mr. Mesee-oops.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Who knew alternate universes were so right-wing?

Bully-bully for Morty.

MORTSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ooooooooh-wee-um-mum-mwaaaaay...

The Morty's gone mad with power! He's gonna est the Chort!

Now the Rick's gone mad with power!

"I don't want to see any more anime stuff happening to my son, buster!"
So no harems or ninja missions or getting trapped in video games, then?

Nice try, Miss Funeral Selfie.

RIP Mike Mendel.

Last edited:

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Ehh. Wasn't too impressed.

The return of Mr. Meeseeks felt more like gratuitous pandering than a clever new idea. The whole thing felt more like a remix of past ideas than something new worth waiting 2+ years for (In particular, the bit with possessed Morty taking out normal people, then police, then the army gave me deja vu of Rick's ship protecting Summer).

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised that Jerry asserting himself as head of household last season and Beth backing him up stuck. I was expecting the "real" Beth to show up and kick Jerry out of the house again.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know for as trope aware as Rick and Morty is they still never properly call out how pointless and overdone the whole Jessica crush relationship is. IMHO the only time that bit was ever really interesting on it's own is "Rest and Rixcalation" where we find out that quite honestly the best variation of Morty can actually do much better and find someone not Jessica to be in an actual loving relationship with. Most of the rest of the time though it's an excuse to just have Morty do something he might not ordinarily do. However this time it's actually being used for an interesting idea: Morty trying to get this super idealized happy ending with him and Jessica even if that means committing these horrible acts or ignoring bringing Rick back to live after he killed him. Like this is really an episode more where Morty is the big problem or obstacle and I honestly appreciate that as yeah just having Rick be the monster or problem everytime would get boring and I'm glad they avoid doing that. I also really like the idea of this death crystal: where you can see your death but it will constantly change dependent on what you're doing so it's supposed to be used for mostly short term battles to see specific weaknesses of a foe to attack them. And hey in most tropes you see someone doing everything they can to avoid their death (I guess some series have done the opposite like say Adventure time) so I appreciate this one actually having a character go forward to do that. I also like the idea of having the whole "Rick keeps dying and popping up in clone bodies" by having it be in different dimensions and constantly getting sick of all the Nazi ones until coming across the bee esque one that actually has a surprsingly more happy family live for the Smiths. There were some other great jokes in this one from Rick saying it's a slippery slope to have to constantly ask permission to go on these missions, the hologram actually being polite and being offended about Morty asking if he's eating holo food or saying gaining sentience is some AI BS, The meseeks killing nazi Morty and everyone else, the bullies being flushed out, Morty using the future sight to figure out what to say to get the judge to suspend the title, Morty realizing he'd probably be with Jessica in his 40s till death, Bee Rick stabbing virtual Akira Rick and that not being sent coming, Rick joking about giving Jerry AIDS, both Rick and Morty doing the 100 years bit and Summer interrupting to see if they'd pay attention to her (I'm kind of sad now that season 2 didn't start out with a variation of this bit if it's a seasonal tradition now) and Morty fine to go on any sort of adventure with Rick at the end finding out what that future vision ending really meant. Again the idea of the whole relationship with Jessica is trope and I wish they'd bother doing something else with Jessica as a character then pointlessly tease something that won't happen but eh otherwise really good premiere. Was it worth the 2 year wait? Well again I'm use to Venture Brothers doing big delays with their season premieres so it didn't bother me that much so yeah I'd say so especially since in R&M's case this will likely be the last super major delay between seasons.

Radiant97

Jewel Runner
The whole thing felt more like a remix of past ideas than something new worth waiting 2+ years for (In particular, the bit with possessed Morty taking out normal people, then police, then the army gave me deja vu of Rick's ship protecting Summer).
Even the resolution of the courtroom scene has the same appeal to emotion element as the bit where the army guy was shown a clone of his baby in that Summer episode.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Season 4 Episode 2: The Old Man and the Seat

Synopsis: People all have one thing in common.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
This is right off the top of my head, but I think he wants to develop an app.

How do I get one of these toilets in my bathroom?

Ominous beeping? There's an app for that.

Hi Pamela Adlon.

A fly running a restaurant for frogs.

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
A "shy pooper" is something that will probably entered into the online lexicon...by the end of the night.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Well farmer man, if you were a better parent, your daughter wouldn't have joined ISIS.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Glootie-ootie-oooh!

Yeah, there's a Mount Space Everest?

Space swimming pools, space movie stars.

Frickin ad walls. What next, Lovefinderrz Premium?!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

JJ Abrams, Please Do Earth 2.
The DCEU will be so mind-blowingly awesome once we get there.
It seems like Colleen O'shaughnessy will still voice Tails for a bit, at least according to a tweet she put out.

I watched Tom and Jerry 2021 on HBO Max today and.......my god..... I have a lot to say about this movie...

Featured Posts