C&C - One Punch Man S2 - "The Metal Bat" [11/2]

Latest News & Videos

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
There appears to be a recurring theme in Toonami's anime offerings as of late. Dragon Ball Super, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and now this.

I bet Food Wars has one as well.

One Punch Man
Season 2
Episode 4 - "The Metal Bat"

Metal Bat begrudgingly guards his own son and a VIP and his skills are needed when a battle breaks out; Saitama poses as Charanko for a martial arts tournament.

Winners don't post spoilers.

Reactions: marklungo

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Previously on OPM: Hey big fish. Meet the even bigger fish.

Well, Garou, I appreciate your open-mindedness, but...STOP KILLING PEOPLE!

Reactions: marklungo

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
He's wearing a Batman haircut.

"You'll find out what it's like to be in a real fight."

I think that's what Saitama's been looking for this whole time.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
I am a Millipede, I am amazing
I command you to gaze upon my face

So one of the S Rank heroes is a furry.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Garou apparently rooted for monsters ever since he was a little kid. He'd probably love the monster movies where they're the heroes instead of the villains. It is a potentially interesting setup. Monsters seem to be primarily killing machines in this world, so I don't think that anyone was interested in rooting for them or wondering why the monsters can't win for a change. It was pretty funny how that one karate student kept talking to Saitama unaware of how powerful he really was.

Metal Bat was a pretty cool hero, although I kept thinking that the kid he was protecting was a puppet given his outfit matched his father's. He was pretty impressive with his battle against those giant monsters. Even hitting his head that hard didn't phase him. Garou talking to that kid without hurting him still gives me the impression that he isn't completely heartless, or at least has some standards despite being the hero hunter. It still seemed like such a bad idea to have such detailed information on heroes easily available to the public with that book. That giant centipede was really creepy. Metal Bat fighting against Garou should be pretty interesting. Unlike most of the other heroes, we've seen how powerful Metal Bat was before Garou confronted him. Garou will probably still win, but it might be a closer battle at least. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

IMO C.H. Greenblatt wrote and storyboarded some of the best episodes of Spongebob and Billy and Mandy.
Sesame Street: Creating a world that is smarter, stronger, and kinder.

I'm starting a special competition on my deviantart. More information can be found here.

Today is 11 years of Bret Iwan voicing Mickey.
It’s September 2020 and HBO Max still needs a lot of fixing. What would you do to fix it?