C&C - One Piece - "Waiting in the New World! Farewell to the Brave Pirates!"[2/27]

Nobodyman

Toonami2016-Final_zpsci6ty6xw.png
Toonami2016OnePieceV1_zpsh0vwm5t5.png

Opening 9: Jungle P

Last Time on One Piece: Luffy's climactic battle with Don Accino finally begins. The Don proves to be a challenge as he is able to heat his body to extreme temperatures, making Luffy incapable of even touching him. As the two duke it out, the rest of the Strawhats go inside the Accino Family headquarters to search for their stolen flag. Elsewhere, Puzzle continues his battle with Canpacino and eventually emerges victorious. Back inside the Accino Family HQ, Sanji and Usopp arrive at the room where Robin is being held captive by Lil. They do battle against the plant restraining her, but Robin saves Lil from some falling debris and manages to convince her to let them go. Back outside, Luffy shifts into Second Gear as Don Accino throws heat balls at him. Back inside, Zoro, Chopper, Puzzle, and Jiro discover the room where all the stolen flags are being kept and are just about to retrieve theirs when, all of sudden, Don Accino, who was sent flying by Luffy, bursts through the room, causing the flags to spread in disarray. Chopper soon finds he has lost possession of the Strawhats' flag, and they must now find and retrieve again amid all the other flags floating in the air.

Well guys, it's been a long ten weeks, but tonight's episode finally marks the end of the Lovely Land/Ice Hunter arc. So that means next week we're back to canon, right? Well...not quite. We've still got one more filler episode next week, which is the special Chopperman one-off episode. But after that it's clear sailing for the next canon arc in which we'll meet a certain boney character. But for now, enjoy the end of the Lovely Land arc!

NOTES

________
-You can pick up S7V4 on DVD now!
-One Piece: Film Z is available on Blu-Ray and DVD!
-One Piece S7V5 is now available!
-One Piece: Collection 14 is now available!
-One Piece Collection: Box Three (containing episodes 206-299) is now available!
-One Piece S7V6 will be available on April 26th!
-One Piece: Collection 15 will be available on March 22nd!
-One Piece simulcasts every week on OnePieceOfficial.com and CrunchyRoll.com! (in HD!)
-Volume 77 of the One Piece manga is now available!

Nobodyman

Previously on One Piece: Sorry Strawhats, but your flag is in another castle.

So what move do you guys think Luffy is gonna use to finish off Don Accino? I'm betting on Gum-Gum Jet Gatling.

Nobodyman

Is this the last filler episode, I sure hope so.
As I said in the OP, this is the last episode of the Lovely Land arc, but we've still got a one-shot filler episode next week. Then it's back to canon.

Man, Don Accino must have some strong lungs.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
What's the name of this song piece they're playing right now, at the beginning? They've used it a lot lately, but whenever I hear it I can only think of the first time they played it -- and Soap Bubble Lady.

Nobodyman

An island of ice on top of lava? That...makes no sense.

Yay! The Strawhats have their flag back!

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Robin is old enough to be Lil's mom.

animePWNS

1955-2024
Thank you, Straw Hats! Your quest is now over. We present to you a new quest. (After Papa's defeated.)

Nobodyman

Ah, so the Gum-Gum Bazooka, huh? Oldie, but a goodie.

"And now to find our flag."

Uh, yeah Luffy, the others already took care of it.

The flag's back and Luffy is none the wiser.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Wait, did I see two flags on their ship?
Yep, the Strawhats have two flags, which...kinda diminishes the severity of just one being stolen.

I don't know, maybe one of them is the "main" flag.

What's with them tricking Luffy?
Eh, it's kinda this weird subplot where they think Luffy is going to belittle them for allowing the flag to be stolen.

Nobodyman

And at the end of the day, I guess the Accino Family really is...well, family.

Face you again? Not likely, dude. You're filler.

Set sail for the New World! ...Or at least two or three other places before that.

Well, that's it for Lovely Land. Not a bad filler arc, but I'm really looking forward to getting back to canon.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I liked how Nami was able to save Luffy during the fight and the way he was finally able to defeat the Don Accino was pretty cool. Using his own heat to make his attack hotter was clever. I also really liked Lil giving back the Strawhats flag and Robin comforting her before they left. She was just a little lonely girl who wanted someone to make up for the not having her sister around, so that gesture from both of them was quite sweet.

While it was funny how they were able to get the flag back on the ship without Luffy seeing that it was stolen, I still don't understand why they felt like they had to go to such lengths, especially by that point. Yeah, Luffy wouldn't have been happy about how the flag was stolen from them, but I don't think that he would have belittle them like they all imagined he would. All he would have cared about was getting the flag back, which they already did by that point, so there was no need for them to hide it. It just seemed too strange and not really worth the comedy bits they were going for.

I didn't care too much for the Accino family, but it was nice that Lil got a happy ending with her sister. At least the Phoenix Pirates got a nice sendoff. Puzzle had his confidence back, they were all doing well fighting off against part of the Accino family and they were ready to head off to the New World afterwards. I almost felt kind of sad that they won't meet up again since they're all filler characters. It would be kind of interesting if the anime ever did incorporate the Phoenix Pirates again for another filler arc, but I don't know if that would make sense for whatever the anime is currently doing.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode and a nice ending for the arc. It was a pretty decent filler arc. There were some good fights, some funny moments and a few nice characters. It was also paced pretty well, so that was refreshing for this series. I was hoping that we'd get back to the canon arcs in the next episode, but a one off episode about Chopperman sounds adorable at least.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
originally posted by Nodbodyman
An island of ice on top of lava? That...makes no sense.

Honestly in something like One Piece I can imagine Oda thinking up a scenario where that would make sense where we'd see an island that mixes incredible frost and heat together without one side being totally dominated... though it may not be something I just imagine heh heh, vague foreshadowing vague enough not to be spoilers.

Face you again? Not likely, dude. You're filler.

Technically they could as they could have a filler arc of them coming back. Bleach has done this with the Mod Souls and Lurichiyo and her posse coming back after their debut arcs and it's not like this is the last filler arc of the series. I will say this is actually probably the over all longest filler arc so far in the anime. Yeah surprisingly One Piece has a good amount of filler but very little of it runs on... for better or worse especially now that we're in the "stretching out an entire chapter to one episode" era of the series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts