C&C - Naruto Shippuden - "Power of the Five Kage" [6/2]

A.Magik

Sasuke's attack at the Kage Summit reaches its climax, as the other Kage authorities join in the battle.

2945hmg.jpg
2i76c88.jpg

The Official Naruto Shippuden Talkback Thread

OPENING: "Diver" by Nico Touches the Walls
CLOSING: "Midnight Orchestra" By Aqua Timez​

Last Time on NARUTO SHIPPUDEN

Sasuke fights the Raikage & Kazekage (who still possesses his sand jutsu) and their bodyguards. Meanwhile, Madara reveals to Naruto the depths of Sasuke's issues.
No spoilers of plot details or revelations beyond Chapter 464/Episode 203 even though the Manga and Anime series have been finished for a year. Sasuke will hate you for it...

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
Previously on Naruto, we saw increasing evidence that there's only one guy now who can make sure Sasuke could believe it, and Madara wants to make sure that that one guy can no longer believe it.

Hypeathon

So this is a special episode for the is the first episode Hiroyuki Yamashita was credited as both an animation director and storyboard artist!

And right off the bat, we start with some good ol' Killer Bee rappin'!

kb__s_rap_2_by_sashun08-d4h53i9.gif

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
Yeah, Sasuke is abandoning his comrades. He's now worse than scum.

TOONZONE, STOP HICCUPING BY HAVING PEOPLE APPARENTLY DOUBLE POST!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Thanks Sasuke. None of that Sword Art Online tentacle groping stuff.

Oh Lord the rapper's back.

Hypeathon

Sasuke's stare screams...

mifune_vs_sasuke_by_tsotne_senpai-d5tla2q.gif

latest

Now that is what I call the kiss of death!

Yep, three chakra natures and two kekkei gengai! Like I said weeks ago, god-speed Sasuke!

6f2c825ceca881c9a83e58c556eae11f419d3449_hq.gif

Tsuchikage: Because I'm old, I'm gonna steal a quote from a famous shonen anime. "Omae wa mou shindeiru!"

Sasuke: "Nani?!"

tumblr_orywgc1ygU1vz54q7o1_500.gif

Last edited:

A.Magik

Episode 204 Power of the Five Kage
Premiere Date: March 24, 2011
Adapted from Naruto Chapters 419, 465-470

It’s the First!
This episode reveals what happened to Killer B after his fight with Sasuke. Having a severed limb played as a doppelganger, he hid inside another severed limb.

This marks the end of Team Taka for a while, as Sasuke abandons Jugo and Suigetsu.

White Zetsu revives rom his ‘death’ and attempts to capture Mei and Onoki and their seconds. He can steal chakra and transfer it.

The first Anime appearance of the Kamui dimension.

Sasuke meets Danzo.

First Anime Appearance of Mei’s Lava style Jutsu & Vapor style Solid Fog Jutsu, Chojuro’s Hirame-Karei, White Zetsu Sporulation Jutsu, Akatsuchi’s Golem Jutsu, and Onoki’s Weighted boulder Jutsu & Particle Style Atomic Jutsu.

Madara confronts the four Kages, wishing to explain his plan for Project Tsuki No Me.

The Plot Thickens…
Sasuke’s Susano'o causes a cave-in.

Killer B takes advantage of his believed ‘capture’ to leave the country and see an Enka singer, Master Sabu.

Kakashi swears Naruto and Yamato into secrecy about Madara’s story, because they have no proof, and fear the mass acknowledgment that the Konoha higher-ups ordered the Uchiha massacre will wreck the country during its most vulnerable situation.

Onoki references Sasuke’s defeat of Diedara.

Surviving the cave-in, Suigetsu spots a fallen Samurai, while Jugo drains another, regaining his adult look.

Karin is concerned over Sasuke's indifference to abandoning their teammates.

Danzo and his operatives leave the Summit, Ao follows them.

Mei finds Sasuke attractive. She stiffens in anger at Karin’s insults.

Chojuro misidentifies Sasuke as Zabuza’s murder (Kakashi did the deed. Sasuke was unconscious)

Sasuke realizes Susano'o causes a painful feedback in his system, draining his stamina.

Mei possesses Fire, Water, and Earth style.

A is angry at Onoki’s claim of seemingly killing Sasuke.

Madara rescues Sasuke, transporting him and Karin.

Love, Friends, Family, and other Relationships
In stark contrast to Naruto’s relationship with Nine Tails, Killer B has a camaraderie with Eight-Tails.

Killer B feels constrained under A’s surveliance of his activities.

Gaara wonders how Naruto would have handled this situation.

Sasuke thinks how the Susanno might have harmed his brother.

Karin is upset at Mei’s attraction to Sasuke.

Remember When (or Not)
Sasuke severing the Eight Tails tentacle with the chidori is repeated.

But in the Manga…
Killer B’s subterfuge was actually portrayed before the Pain Invasion of the Leaf Village. This episode makes no note that this is a flashback or even a past prologue.

Kakashi’s wish for secrecy is chronologized with the events in the Anime. The Manga has it as a flashback for a future scene.

Karin’s reaction to Sasuke’s abandonment of their teammates is portrayed dramatically in the Manga.

The Anime portrays Gaara refilling his sand gourd.

Mei and Onoki are included with Danzo in the ‘Sasuke cuts down the banners’ sequence.

Chojuro’s reaction to being attacked by Zetsu is given a more cartoonish style.

Added scene of Mei and Chojuro trying to break free from their Zetsu captors.

Added scene of Kankuro destroying Zetsus. The Anime adds Mifune thanking the puppet master.

Last edited:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
This marks the end of Team Taka for a while, as Sasuke abandons Jugo and Suigetsu.
What was the point of Team Taka? Sasuke abandoned them after only a few missions, and they were barely useful in the battle against Itachi and the Five Kage. His own power after defeating Orochimaru was so great that there was no need for him to form a team. It seemed like their main purpose was just to bicker amongst themselves over whether or not Karin likes Sasuke.

A.Magik

I suppose at the time Sasuke deep down missed the camaraderie (or whatever camaraderie that existed) in Team 7 and wanted a team again. However, the revelation about Itachi drove him to believe he really didn't any connection whatsoever.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts