C&C - My Hero Academia - "Prepping for the School Festival Is the Funnest Part" [4/4]

Nobodyman

InPA811.png
zkZDE2o.png

Opening Theme: "Star Marker" by Kana-Boon
Ending Theme: "Shout Baby" by Ryokuōshoku Shakai

1586025955841.png

Previously on My Hero Academia: It's October, and the U.A. students are planning to launch a school festival for the fall. Meanwhile, Izuku and Mirio have been requested to see Eri. But she still hasn't been saved from the inside, and Overhaul's shadow is blocking out the light, meaning she doesn't know how to smile or have fun. So in order for her to smile, Izuku decides to bring Eri to the school festival. Elsewhere, a villain named Gentle Criminal and his subordinate, La Brava, are searching for a scheme that will put his name down in the history of villainy.

Tonight: Class 1-A assigns roles for their performance at the school festival, and Gentle starts preparing his next scheme.

NOTES: Well, this is it guys. The last new episode of My Hero Academia (and other shows on the block) that we might be getting for some time. But hopefully it won't be too long. Just remember to say safe and healthy and we'll get through this together. In the mean time, enjoy the show!

Nobodyman

Previously on MHA: It's a festival for the rest of y'all!

Ooh, special COVID opener!

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Even COVID-19 is out there in space.

The My Hero Academia characters also like to watch reaction videos on YouTube.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
This show has a Destro too? Who's their Cobra Commander or Baroness?

This is a weird Kim Possible reboot.

So he thinks he's Robin Hood-slash-Lupin III.

Never read the YouTube comments.

Nobodyman

Each of their videos has over 10,000 comments. Most of them negative and trollish.

General Studies. And his cousin, General Specific.

Bakugo playing drums makes way too much sense.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Not surprising Bakugo knows how to beat on things.

He wanted a fight to the death. What did you expect?

LET'S KILL THEM...with music!

Not the school festival not the school festival not the school festival not the school fest--dammit.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Would the school let you use pyrotechnics indoors?

They never figured out a lead singer?

Okay, guess we have one.

"My fingers won't reach because of my character design!"
Well, you're not playing maracas, that's for sure.

Nobodyman

Jiro. She's a regular Joan Jett, or Janis Joplin, or Janet Jackson, or other female musician whose name begins with J.

Mineta breakin' the fourth wall.

Hey All Might. We haven't seen very much of you this season, have we?

Uh, is this gonna be on the test later?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
One For All Forehead Flick!

Just keep her away from Bakugo.

I wash my cup every time I drink tea. Just saying.

Well, off to Crunchyroll, I guess.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Gentle's video at the open: Why do I have a strong feeling the Meta Liberation Army will be an upcoming enemy. Must be the name. Or that's they're obviously seeding them and I suppose that Oji guy.

But yep, Gentle's going to break into UA.

lmao, reverse psychology always works on Bakugo. Hagakure - your reasoning is scary but... - :D

"My fingers won't reach because of my character design." So meta. lmao.

heheh, loved Midoriya analyzing the idea before All Might could start lecturing. Focusing wind pressure into a blast. Neat.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Gentle's video listing off some other villains alongside All For One definitely makes me think that they'll become new enemies for the cast in future arcs. They wouldn't compare them to All For One in terms of historical impact for nothing. It was also interesting to learn more about Gentle's method. He is still a villain, but he's seemingly targeting places or people that do something questionable or unethical. It might make him closer to an anti-hero rather than a villain, at least compared to the other villains in this series who are more focused on hurting people or doing whatever they want for their own benefits.

The fact that Bakugo didn't yell at those other students for making those rude remarks towards Class 1A was actually impressive. They were pretty harsh and clearly using victim blaming kind of logic. The students obviously aren't at fault for the villain attacks, especially when it is the staff's responsibility to keep their students safe. Bakugo clearly didn't react to them directly because he still feels a lot of guilt and trauma from being kidnapped himself. Out of all of the instruments Bakugo could play, drums are a perfect fit for him. Of course, he still didn't want to do it just to make the other students feel better. Even though he probably didn't intend to make his feelings clear, both Iida and Todoroki realized that he had been carrying a lot of stress and guilt from being kidnapped. Wanting to murder everyone with killer music might be the most fitting way for Bakugo to offer encouragement.

I also really liked Jiro's brief song. Her voice actress has such a beautiful singing voice. The line "Oh look a mic!' is still hilarious to me. Dividing up the class into different groups was a pretty nice way to get everyone involved. Ayama being so excited to be a dancing disco ball was kind of cute. The fourth wall breaking joke with Mineta's character design was hilarious. If they did other gags with Mineta instead of making him a disgusting pervert, then he might actually be funny.

It was nice to see Midoriya and All Might being together for more training. Midoriya's conflict was understandable since he still felt bad over not being able to save Eri with his own power. All Might suggesting a more long range attack made sense. It would help Midoriya in a tough fight. Realizing that All Might wasn't always at one hundred percent right before he was able to explain it himself was pretty funny. Midoriya thought that he always needed to be at full force in order to use One For All, but that clearly backfired on him more than once. All Might was so strong that being at full strength all the time would cause a lot of frequent damage to areas. Using the wind pressure as a quick long range attack was a pretty good idea. Midoriya's progress with his Quirk has always felt so natural to me, so it's nice to see Midoriya and All Might take another step forward together with his training. It was nice to see Togata taking Eri to UA too. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts