C&C - My Hero Academia - "Class 1-A" [6/22]

Latest News & Videos

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.

Previously on My Hero Academia: Ketsubutsu Academy students ambush Class 1-A, but they manage to evade Ketsubutsu's balls by working together. Shindo then separates them by using his Vibrate Quirk to break the ground. Meanwhile, in another part of the arena, Shiketsu High School's Yoarashi uses his Whirlwind Quirk to pass, taking out 120 students at once. Midoriya gets hit once by Shiketsu High School student Utsushimi using her Glamour Quirk. A big group of students finds them but Midoriya manages to dodge all of their attacks. He rescues Uraraka, but he discovers that it's only Utsushimi pretending to be Uraraka. Sero and the real Uraraka help him. Somewhere else, Todoroki is ambushed by a group of students from Seijin High School.

Tonight: Todoroki's on his own against Seijin High, and Yaoyorozu's group is pitted against Seiai Academy as they and the rest of Class 1-A fight to pass the first test.

PhenomsServant4

May 21, 2013
Columbus
It’s another technically filler but not really episode today. Quick recap on the test. Out the already limited 100 spots open, only 48 are left, and none of 1-A passed. And theres a girl completely naked running somewhere down there. That last part doesnt really matter to situation Deku and the others are in, just thought to remind you.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Previously on MHA: Will the real Uraraka please stand up! I repeat, will the real Uraraka please stand up!

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Dudes, he filled have a stadium with a giant glacier in an instant. Just who do you think you're dealing with?

Of course Todoroki was going to pass.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Jiro's ears are gonna be ringing for a week.

Either my memory sucks, or this battle is filler.

Saiko Intelli. You can tell she's smart because she wears a monocle.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Oct 2, 2014
Bedford, OH
twitter.com
So, before commercial, the scene where the line "It will be the end for you and your friends" and Momo using that thing under her chest and the MHA logo appearing at the bottom-right corner of the screen (the latter of which is used as the eyecatch from this point on) was removed. My guess is that Toonami mistook it for the previous eyecatch or something

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Yaoyorozu actually gets a chance to shine. Good filler.

When your opponent is too smart for you, just loudly blast your way out.

Turned him into a grotesque meat blob. That's something I'd expect from Hunter x Hunter.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I loved it that Yaoyorozu thought of a plan that worked. More so with her, it's like a full circle moment because of the recent test when she and Todoroki got partnered against Eraser Head. Also props for out thinking an IQ Quirk.

Not too shocked Todoroki made it but surprise surprise seems that Shinketsu guy has an axe to grind with him.

Midoriya uses himself as a decoy. Ok. Sacrifice is definitely in his wheelhouse.

Bakugo comes up against a talker, shocker. lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: Light Lucario

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
While I was sopping my basement last night...

Last time: It's bad enough Promised Neverland's been emulating Attack on Titan - let's not emulate Sword Art Online, okay?
(You're already a ratings magnet. Trust me, it's not worth it.)

Your fire and ice are no match for our large tools!

Well, there's one through.

I didn't know Esdeath from Akame ga Kill was on this show.

There's nineteen more where he came from.

They're being attacked by Honnouji Academy!

Aww, what did Jiro ever do to you?

They wrapped Froppy in swaddling clothes and laid her in a manger, for there was no room for them in the inn.

Bet she regrets her hero costume choice now.

Non-GMO headphones.

She gets by with a little help from her friends.

Did he just...Blue Gender that guy?

"I trust Deku."
You like him, don't you?

That's...not permanent, is it?

Who wants gum? I don't, I don't.

It's all about Deku and Bakugo, isn't it?

So we're five out of twenty so far, are we?

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I figured that Todokori would be able to win, but it was a bit faster than I thought given he was outnumbered. He is one of the strongest students in Class 1A and his plan was pretty smart too. He was trying to figure out how to use both powers at the same time. He only needs to pause a few seconds to switch between fire and ice attacks, but that can cost him a lot in this exam and in a battle.

It was nice to get some focus on Yaoyorozu and her group. Their enemy had a pretty smart plan. They were able to weaken Jiro's power with that surprise attack, sealed off the windows so Shoji couldn't easily see their attacks and then made the room extremely cold to knock Tsu out, as well as force Yaoyorozu to use up her power. It was a pretty effective strategy and fitting for someone with an IQ based Quirk. Fortunately, Yaoyorozu realized that they wanted her to us her powers before she actually did it. She was still trying to figure out what to do and feeling the pressure, but I liked that she thought back to what Midoriya said before they went to save Bakugo. Passing their test didn't matter nearly as much as saving her friends. It was a sweet sentiment and showed an important aspect of being a hero. I still could have done without the gag of Yaoyorozu showing off her chest to use her Quirk though. To be fair, they don't overuse the gag and I know that it's for fanservice, but I think that there would be a more practical way for Yaoyorozu to use her power without doing that.

Their opponents were already so sure that they won that they didn't see their counterattack coming. It seemed to have worked pretty well and Yaoyorozu still tried to fight off her opponent even in a weakened state. It was sweet how Jiro, Shoji and Tsu came back to help her. They wouldn't just abandon their friend just to pass themselves and Yaoyorozu was the only reason why they were able to make it through their attacks anyway. It was also neat to see Tsu be able to help out after she was asleep for most of the battle.

I didn't think that Karminari would team up with Bakugo and Kirishima. Of course Kirishima would push Bakugo out of the way before getting hit with an attack, but turning into a gross blob was pretty unsettling. Bakugo's opponent was pretty much his polar opposite. He seemed to be more in favor of regulation and being a model student based on his attitude. That should be an interesting fight. It was also nice to see Midoriya's group. They were still running out of time, but at least they were trying to set a plan in motion. Aizawa talking about how Midoriya and Bakugo inspire the rest of the class is pretty fitting. We've seen multiple characters be inspired by Midoriya, but other characters also respect Bakugo's skills. They are drastically different characters, but they have a similar kind of influence on their classmates. It was also pretty sweet to hear Aizawa say that he's honored to work with them. That is the closest he'll probably get to admit that he cares about them and I don't know if he'd say it to any of the students either. It is nice to know that he does really care.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I honestly wouldn't have expected this to be filler. Granted, I don't read the manga, but this felt like a pretty natural progress for the arc, especially with Yaoyorozu's subplot. Her main conflict for season two was that she wasn't really capable of thinking out a plan in the heat of the moment and that greatly impacted her confidence. She was still nervous when the attack first started and frequently wondered what to do, but she stayed relatively calm, focused on saving her friends and was able to make a plan that allowed for all of them to pass. She still may struggle with thinking of a plan in the moment, but this was a major step forward for Yaoyorozu, which is pretty great. I really like Midoriya, but I also like it when they are able to focus on some of the other Class 1A students. Giving them their own time to shine and possibly develop is pretty great too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.