C&C - Lupin the Third Part VI - "The Imperial City Dreams of Thieves, Part 1" [5/21]

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Toonami2022-Main-Image.png
Toonami2022-Lupin-IIIPart6.png

Lupin the Third Part VI

x05-Gold-Mask-Lupin.jpg

Episode 5
”The Imperial City Dreams of Thieves, Part 1”

Last time:
Disguised as well-dressed hitmen, Lupin and Jigen enter a bar where eight other assassins are there waiting. After spending time chatting with the freckle-faced waitress and eating dinner, which mostly contains pork, they reveal that they are there to kill a regular patron named Andre Anderson and recover a treasure he has stolen. Lupin offers to share the reward with the other assassins who have been hired by the same client, but they refuse. On Lupin's countdown, the waitress switches off the lights, resulting in a shoot-out leaving all the assassins except Lupin and Jigen dead. After Lupin discovers the real waitress and cook tied up and gagged in the kitchen, it is revealed that the waitress from earlier was actually Fujiko in disguise. Having escaped the shootout, Fujiko goes to Andre's apartment, and, after a lengthy discussion, apparently kills him. She obtains the treasure which is an original edition of an Ernest Hemingway anthology containing "The Killers" which was secretly used as an Ottendorf cipher codebook by the CIA for decades after they obtained all printed copies. The three conspirators then prepare to sell the book back to the CIA.

This time:
Lupin finds himself adrift in another place and time. An ancient clock may hold the key to returning home, but getting close to it won't be easy.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
LUPIN'S LONDON PLAYLIST

I nearly went with a Queen song, but then I learned this group was from Guildford (and NOT a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse).

The Vapors - "Turning Japanese"

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Previously on Lupin III: A very kill-tastic episode.

Oh boy, a two-parter.

So Lupin briefly went to the digital world and now he's the Phantom of the Opera.

Ooh, better yet, alternate universe.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Two killers walk into a diner...uhhm..."The Aristocrats"?

You know, it's just now occurred to me...Lupin and Mr. Bean have the same type of car.

Lupin as Tuxedo Mask.

This is another one of THOSE episodes, isn't it?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Was Imperial Tokyo always so sexist?

Is this some isekai story? Did Lupin get hit by a car before he woke up in this era?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Even in other worlds, Lupin sees something, he steals it.

Anri Sonohara's protecting it.

"That guys the Golden Mask!"
"You mean he's Phantom Thief Lupin?!"
"No, I said he's the Golden Mask! Pay attention!"

Last edited:

Nobodyman

"Miss, I'm a Japanese Imperial soldier and I only know three things: The Empire is great, Honor is everything, and, although I'm not even sure what it is, I want to rape Nanking so badly."

Ooh, we got some same-sex romance going on. How progressive, especially considering the time period.

He's Golden Mask, minus the golden mask.

And there's Goemon for two seconds.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"A treasure and a pretty girl. Plus a master detective to boot."
That's been this show so far.

Hi Fuji--oh, right, you're not Fujiko.

Hi Goemon.

shany94a

Candy Pirate
Was wondering when Goemon would show up in this era ... and apparently he doesn't recognize Lupin. See you next week.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy birthday to Alan Rachins (80) (voice of Clock King and Norman Osborn) and TJ Hill (37) (musical composer for Fancy Nancy, Amphibia, and The Owl House season 1).
gotta catch em all cause he’s greeny phatom

gotta catch em all cause he’s greeny phatom

gotta catch em all cause he’s
greeny phatom
Who else here is enjoying CN's 30th-anniversary live stream? I can say I'm glad they're showing a balanced mix of classic and newer favorites along with some of the old promos.

Wonder why Courage is a part of Scoobtober even though it's not a part of Scooby's franchise at all. Weird.
Happy birthday Grandma Tucker.

Featured Posts