C&C - Lupin the Third - “Zenigata’s Pride and the Desert Dust” [7/6]

Latest News & Videos

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Death by windmill...and net.

Sheesh. And here I was thinking this whole episode would be about Fujiko.

Not for nothin' Zeni, but you did already put him in jail once, remember?

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
And Lupin's dead. Well, that was a short series and a hell of way to end the Lupin franchise and, yeah, okay, he's not really dead. But HOW is he not dead is the real mystery.

Reactions: marklungo

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
I think the sniper (what brief look we had of him) seemed to be Jigen in disguise. I'm thinking this is a con job and Lupin faked his death to get some money. That's my prediction.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Zenigata coming in to save Lupin from Fujiko was unexpected, even if it was a temporary truce just until he could legally arrest Lupin. Lupin going along with the implication that he and Zenigata are a couple was pretty funny. Walking across a desert during the day wasn't the smartest idea, especially when they were all dressed in pretty warm clothing, but staying until nightfall might have been too risky true. I was surprised that the windmill didn't turn out to be a mirage. I was expecting Ami to realize that she was drinking sand for quite awhile.

Those two guys in the helicopter were such huge creeps. I don't think that they were assassins, but just wanted to split the money for killing Lupin. Even so, they were chasing after Ami just because killing people was more fun than they expected. They were just giant creeps and I didn't feel bad when they clearly were killed in that explosion. It was nice that Lupin was worried about Ami and wanted her to get to safety. Even though I'm sure that it's fake, Lupin being shot in the head like that was pretty brutal. I don't know how he could have faked a death like that one, but Lupin faking his death so that he could get the prize money sounds pretty likely. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.