Toonami2018-_Main_Template.png
toonami2018-_jo_jo_s3-png.194191

Opening theme: “Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town” by THE DU
Ending theme: “I Want You” by Savage Garden

Characters

nioix2s.jpg

Josuke Higashikata
Voiced by: Billy Kametz
Stand: Shining Diamond (JP: Crazy Diamond)
Ability: Strength, Speed, Precision, and Restoration
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - D / Durability - B / Precision - B / Developmental Potential - C
Namesake: “Shine on You Crazy Diamond” (Pink Floyd song)
Josuke is a high school student in the small Japanese town of Morioh, a kind teenager towards those he cares about and a badass toward those who get him angry (especially when insulting his hair). The son of Joseph Joestar from an affair, Josuke was tracked down by Jotaro to inform him of being included in Joseph’s will, but is about to be caught up in the family business of dealing with bizarre threats. Josuke’s Stand, Crazy Diamond, fits his personality to a T, being a destructive force similar to Star Platinum, but also capable of compassion by healing as well. However, it cannot heal Josuke, cannot revive the dead or heal illness. Also, if Josuke tries to “fix” something while upset, it may come out looking a bit weird.

X1PmG0S.jpg

Jotaro Kujo
Voiced by: Matthew Mercer
Stand: Star Platinum The World
Abilities: Strength, Speed, Precision, and Time Stop
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - C / Durability - A / Precision - A / Developmental Potential - A
Namesakes: The Star and The World (tarot cards)
The previous JoJo, Jotaro Kujo was a high school student when his grandfather Joseph took him on a global trek from Japan to Egypt in order to take down the vampire DIO, who had been a plague on his family’s bloodline for over a century. On the journey, he came to learn and master his Stand, Star Platinum, eventually gaining the same time-stopping abilities as DIO’s own Stand, The World, which he used to put an end to the demon once and for all. Now, a decade later, Jotaro is a marine biologist, and was helping his grandfather put together his will, when something odd came up which brings him to the small Japanese town of Morioh. Jotaro’s Stand, Star Platinum, has amazing strength, speed, and precision, which on its own makes it one of the most powerful Stands around. On top of this, with its added ability The World, which Jotaro learned during his fight with DIO, he can stop time for a second.

Koichi.png

Koichi Hirose
Voiced by: Zach Aguilar
Namesake: The Hirose River (a river in Sendai, Hirohiko Araki’s hometown and the real life basis for Morioh)
A meek but friendly classmate of Josuke.

Keicho Nijimura
Voiced by: Jason Marnocha
Stand: ???
The older Nijimura brother. For some reason, he has come into possession the Stand Arrow, an ancient artifact which granted DIO his Stand (and by extension those of the Joestars) over a decade ago. He has been going around town striking people with the Arrow for currently unknown reasons, resulting in a spike of both Stand users and, in the case of those who didn’t have the willpower to manifest their own Stands, dead civilians.

uB8IC1c.png

Okuyasu Nijimura
Voiced by: Jalen K. Cassell
Stand: The Hand
Abilities: Elimination
Stats: Destructive Power - B / Speed - B / Range - D / Durability - C / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - C
Namesake: The Band (band)
Okuyasu is the younger of the Nijimura brothers. His Stand, The Hand, is an extremely dangerous one capable of erasing space with its hand and closing the gap between, with its user having no knowledge where the erased material goes. While this Stand seems overpowered, it’s balanced out by the fact that Okuyasu is an idiot.

Tomoko_AV.png

Tomoko Higashikata
Voiced by: Allegra Clark
Josuke’s single mother, Tomoko is a kind woman who works as a teacher and cares deeply for her family and friends. Deep in her heart, she still loves Joseph, whom she met while she was in college, and thus shows great disgust towards any man who hits on her.

Angelo_Rock_tourist_card.png

Anjuro “Angelo” Katagiri
Voiced by: Lex Lang
Stand: Aqua Necklace
Abilities: Liquid Form and Possession
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - C / Range - A / Durability - A / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - E
Namesakes: Angelo Badalamenti (American composer) / Aqua (album by Asia)
One of the most dangerous criminals in modern Japanese history, Angelo was a murderer and a rapist who was sentenced to death by hanging. However, on the day of his execution, he somehow survived, and soon made his escape, coming to hide in the town of Morioh as a milkman. He was immoral, sadistic, and highly intelligent, making him a dangerous foe even without his Stand. His Stand, Aqua Necklace, took on a liquid-like form which could attack its opponents (similar to N’Doul’s Geb). Additionally, it could possess people, which allowed Angelo to kill others without directly needing to dirty his own hands. After killing Josuke’s grandfather and threatening to do the same to Josuke and his mother, Josuke fused Angelo into a rock, and he is now forced to live the rest of his days trapped in the town Ryohei loved.

HorribleSubs-JoJos-Bizarre-Adventure-Diamond-is-Unbreakable-04-1080p.mkv0036.jpg

Episode 4 (78)
“The Nijimura Brothers, Part 2"
Chapters adapted: 276-280

Previously on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure:
After assimilating with the rock, Angelo told Josuke and Jotaro about the existence of a man in a school uniform and how he gave Angelo his Stand. He recalled his encounter the year before, where the man pierced him with an Arrow, yet he didn't die. The man said he "passed the test" of the Arrow and had gained a power a man named DIO called a "Stand". While Jotaro and Josuke were listening to the story, Aqua Necklace, while still in the rubber glove, grabbed hold of a passing child and threatened to smash their head if he was not freed. Josuke reacted quickly and "fixed" Angelo even further- fusing him with the rock permanently, all while saving the child.

A few days later, Koichi and Josuke stumbled upon an abandoned house on their way back from school. Having seemingly seen a mysterious silhouette at one of the windows, Koichi decided to stick his head through the front gate to take a closer look. Suddenly, a student emerged from the house and slammed the gate on his neck.

Jotaro arrived at Josuke's house and was welcomed by Tomoko, who though he was Joseph. Jotaro explained that he is not Joseph but his grandson. He asked Tomoko where Josuke is and she told him that he wasn't back from school yet. Back in the car, Jotaro looked at a picture of Enya with a Bow and Arrow. The Speedwagon Foundation had told him that Enya used the Bow and Arrow to create many Stands, including DIO's, The World. Jotaro realizeed from the number of Stands in such a small town that someone in Morioh must have the Bow and Arrow.

The student revealed himself as Okuyasu Nijimura, before his brother shot Koichi with an Arrow in the neck, hoping to awaken his Stand. However, the arrow fatally pierced Koichi's flesh, and caused him to quickly fall unconscious. Okuyasu stopped Josuke from healing Koichi and fought him with his Stand, The Hand, which could erase space between objects. Despite this intimidating power, Josuke defeated Okuyasu by using The Hand's power against Okuyasu by standing in front of some flowerpots behind him, which eventually were attracted to Okuyasu due to the repeated usage of The Hand's ability. Meanwhile, Jotaro came across the revelation that Enya had the Bow and Arrow originally; which gave DIO his Stand. Jotaro vowed to destroy the Arrow so there will never again be another Stand like The World.

Josuke then entered the Nijimura's house after Okuyasu's brother dragged Koichi inside to retrieve the Arrow lodged in Koichi's neck, and the two are set to confront each other.

Now:
Things go from bad to worse as Josuke faces off against Keicho’s Stand, while Koichi’s recovery brings about a change.

JOJO'S JUKEBOX

This week’s Jukebox is “Bad Company” by the band Bad Company, from their 1974 album Bad Company.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 30 of the Japanese manga release.
  • The first 24 episodes of Stardust Crusaders, as well as the first season, are currently available on Bluray and DVD.
  • Please, no spoilers about upcoming events and future arcs.

Nobodyman

Previously on JJBA: Well, that's certainly a trial by fire...or arrow in this case.

Millennials be like, "What's a CD?"

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: What, me fold in reality?

Actually now they rip them to their iTunes libraries and sync them to their phones.

I don't remember nail guns on the ceiling in the Home Alone movies.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Yeah, follow his victim's blood trail.

Who designed his jacket, Scrooge McDuck?

"He's been taken upstairs."
And I bet his motionless head hit every one of those steps on the way up.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I'm surprised the kid's still breathing. What, is this on DBZ time?

"Josuke! I saw a bright light at the end of a long tunnel!"

So this is what those army guys did after Toy Story 3.

"Worse Company"? Well, I can't deny.

Nobodyman

Wow. The soldiers from Toy Story really stepped up their game.

Koicihi's got himself a Stand now.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"I know it's crazy, but I need you to stay back!"
You think it's crazy that he needs to stay back?

So they're recreating the plot of Small Soldiers?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Don't you know that I am a shooting star?

Not since Death the Kid has someone on Toonami been this anal.

WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?! MANIFEST YOUR STAND, MAGGOT!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Josuke...you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!!

If you have time to explain it, you have time to do it. You're giving him time to think of something.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts