Toonami2020-Main-Image.png
Toonami2020-Jo-Jo-Golden-Wind.png

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure - Part 5: Golden Wind
Opening theme: “Fighting Gold” by Coda

Characters

wAZXjet.png

Giorno Giovanni
Voiced by: Phillip Reich
Stand: Golden Wind (JP: Gold Experience)
Abilities: Life Giver and Life Shot
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - A / Range - C / Persistence - D / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - A
Namesake: Giorno (Italian for “day”) / Gold Experience (album by Prince)
Born Haruno Shiobana, Giorno is the son of the vampire DIO (using Jonathan Joestar’s body) and a Japanese woman. Inspired by a nice gangster who helped him as a child, Giorno has made it his mission in life to become part of the mafia and rise through its ranks to become its leader, determined to stop the drug trade that has targeted Italy’s youth. Sometime recently, his hair turned from black to blonde and he manifested a Stand known as Golden Wind, which has the ability to give anything it touches life. Giorno most often uses this ability to transform inanimate objects into living creatures.

E1VEamm.png

Bruno Bucciarati
Voiced by: Ray Chase
Stand: Zipper Man (JP: Sticky Fingers)
Ability: Zippers
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - C / Persistence - D / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - D
Namesakes: “Buccellati” (Sicilian fig cookie) / “Sticky Fingers” (Rolling Stones album)
A member of the Passione mafia, Bruno is one of the more righteous members, sharing Giorno’s desire to uproot the organization from the inside. His Stand, Zipper Man, can create zippers, which can either sever things in two or create pocket dimensions within objects that can hold either himself or other items.

uHFy3U7.png

Leone Abbacchio
Voiced by: Mick Lauer
Stand: Moody Jazz (JP: Moody Blues)
Ability: Chronological Rebroadcasting
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - C / Range - A / Persistence - A / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - C
Namesakes: “Leone” (Italian for “lion”) / “Abbacchio” (Italian for “lamb meat”) / The Moody Blues (British rock band)
Abbacchio is the no-nonsense member of Team Bucciarati, dedicated to his position. This dedication to upholding justice once drove him to become a police officer, but he soon found the system to be corrupt and favoring of criminals with deep pockets. In a moment of weakness, he accepted a bribe from a pimp instead of arresting him, but when that same pimp threatened to blackmail him, it led to the death of Abbacchio’s partner and his subsequent firing. Bucciarati, who saw his sense of justice, soon welcomed him into his group. Abbacchio’s Stand, Moody Jazz, has the ability to “replay” moments by rewinding and transforming into a person and reenacting what they did during that slice of time. This allows Abbacchio to investigate events, at the cost of his own vulnerability as Moody Jazz cannot attack while it is using its ability.

pZTf2wR.png

Guido Mista
Voiced by: Sean Chiplock
Stand: Six Bullets (JP: Sex Pistols)
Abilities: Bullet Control and Enhanced Reloading
Stats: Destructive Power - E / Speed - C / Range - B / Persistence - A / Precision - A / Developmental Potential - B
Namesakes: “Insalata mista” (Italian for “mixed salad”) / Sex Pistols (British punk rock band)
Mista is the laid-back member of Team Bucciarati, the most sociable and carefree with a desire for an easy life, a calmness that helps him to focus even in the heat of battle. At the same time, he is the most prone to casual violence for the pettiest of reasons. Mista also has an intense phobia of the number four, refusing to get into situations where the number comes up. Mista’s Stand, Six Bullets, is a Colony Stand type made up of six bullet-like creatures (numbered 1 to 7, skipping 4) that can help guide and control the bullets shot out of Mista’s gun via rebounding shots mid-air, as well as reloading the gun for Misa. Despite being Stands, each of the Six Bullets have distinct personalities separate from their user, can have conversations with Mista, and even eat food.

OfdmJGT.png

Narancia Ghirga
Voiced by: Kyle McCarley
Stand: Li’l Bomber (JP: Aerosmith)
Abilities: Machine Guns and Bombs, Carbon Dioxide Radar
Stats: Destructive Power - B / Speed - B / Range - B / Persistence - C / Precision - E / Developmental Potential - C
Namesakes: “Arancia” (Italian for “orange”) / Aerosmith (rock band)
Narancia is the most child-like member of Team Bucciarati, possessing a rather bratty personality. But he is incredibly loyal towards his friends, viewing them like family. His Stand, Li’l Bomber, takes the form of a small toy airplane with all the capabilities of a real fighter plane, including machine guns and bombs as weapons, as well as a radar that Narancia can use to track enemies via the carbon dioxide they exhale.

HUfHV5Q.png

Pannacotta Fugo
Voiced by: Ethan Murray
Stand: Purple Smoke (JP: Purple Haze)
Ability: Killer Infection
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - B / Range - C / Persistence - E / Precision - E / Developmental Potential - B
Namesakes: “Panna cotta” (an Italian pudding) / “Fugo” (Italian for “dismissing”) / “Purple Haze” (Jimi Hendrix song)
Fugo is the most intelligent member of Team Bucciarati, having been a child prodigy who went to university at the age of 13, and as a result thinks more about the consequences of a situation than his comrades might. He is a caring and friendly person, and is especially protective of Narancia, who he treats like a younger brother. At the same time, Fugo has an explosively violent temper underneath, and anyone who gets him upset is liable to feel the full force of his fury. His Stand, Purple Smoke, possesses the deadly ability of unleashing a flesh-eating virus that can kill practically anyone, even its user. For this reason, Fugo rarely ever brings out his Stand, only using it as a last resort.

bdnfCM8.png

Trish Una
Voiced by: Lizzie Freeman
Stand: ???
Namesakes: Trish Gott (American model) / “una” (Italian for “one”)
The estranged daughter of the Passione’s boss, Trish never knew her father and lived the first 15 years of her life with her mother until her passing. After this, she found herself placed under the mob’s protection, switching hands until winding up in the care of Buccarati’s group. Now she is the target of a group of Stand using assassins. Trish has begun to manifest a Stand of her own, but its appearance and abilities are currently a mystery even to her.

2LtezeT.png

Coco Large (JP: Coco Jumbo)
Stand: Mr. President
Ability: Hidden Room
Stats: Destructive Power - E / Speed - E / Range - E / Persistence - A / Precision - E / Developmental Potential - E
Namesakes: "Coco Jamboo” (song by Mr. President) / “Mr. President” (German band)
Coco Large is a turtle given to Bucciarati’s team to help aid in transporting and protecting Trish. Its Stand, Mr. President, activates when a special key is placed into an indentation on its back. Once this is done, a room materializes within the jewel on the key, and anyone who touches it will be shrunk down into the room. This allows for easy concealment and protection from physical assaults, though it doesn’t protect those inside from Stand powers. Otherwise, Coco Large is just an ordinary turtle.

b2ueuYT.png

The Boss
Voiced by: Kellen Goff
Stand: Emperor Crimson (JP: King Crimson)
Ability: Time Erasure
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - E / Persistence - E / Precision - Unknown / Developmental Potential - Unknown
Namesake: King Crimson (British rock band)
The Boss (real name unknown) is the elusive leader of the Italian mafioso gang known as Passione. His identity is a complete mystery that he intends on upholding at all costs, which has now been threatened upon the discovery of his long lost daughter Trish. His Stand, the terrifying Emperor Crimson, has the seemingly unstoppable ability to perceive ten seconds ahead into the future and erase the events that would have transpired during that time (example: If someone tries to shoot the Boss with a gun, the Boss can erase the moment that the bullet would have pierced his body and remain unharmed). No one other than the Boss is able to remember or perceive those ten seconds, and only the Boss can alter events during it.

D3afLU8WkAA8yUT.jpg

Episodio 21 (134)
“The Mystery of Emperor Crimson”
Chapters adapted: 519-523

Previously on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure:
Bucciarati's crew arrived in Venice and read the final mission from the boss on the data disc. The instructions were for only one person to take Trish to the top of the bell tower of the church on the island of San Giorgio Maggiore. Bucciarati took Trish ashore, but also wore one of Giorno's ladybug brooches as a tracking device while the others waited in their speedboat. Bucciarati and Trish ascended in the tower's elevator, but when they arrived at the top, Bucciarati discovered that Trish had disappeared and that he was only holding her severed hand. Bucciarati had a flashback to his youth when he first joined Passione, and realized that the boss intends to kill his daughter to protect his own identity. Bucciarati followed the boss and managed to attach Giorno's ladybug tracker to him before he disappeared. Bucciarati attacked the boss and reconnected Trish's hand, but the boss used his Stand, Emperor Crimson, to erase time and effortlessly avoid Bucciarati's attacks. Having appeared behind Bucciarati, King Crimson pusheed his fist all the way through Bucciarati's chest in an attempt to kill him.

Now:
In a Venetian church crypt, Bruno discovers the truth behind the Boss’s intentions and the unstoppable power he yields, a power that leaves Bruno in a pool of blood and in a moral quandary.

JOJO'S JUKEBOX

This week’s Jukebox is "The Court of the Crimson King” by King Crimson.

Notes:
  • Next week, the regular Toonami lineup will be preempted by a DBZ Kai marathon. Currently, due to the ongoing pandemic delaying show delivery from the licensors, it’s unknown if the normal schedule will resume the following week. So until whenever we get back, stay safe.
  • As an aside, if they had to place a break anywhere, this is a pretty good spot. The Japanese run actually had a recap special between this episode and the next one.
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 56 of the Japanese manga release.
  • The first four Parts of both the manga and the anime are now available from Viz Media.
  • Please, no spoilers!

Last edited:

animePWNS

1955-2024
Last time:
Hit men, off list
Trish's hand zippered at wrist
Bruno's gut ripped by bad guy's fist
Twenty-first century schizoid man

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: at least you got her home on time...right?

So far the biggest plot point is that they’re almost out of chocolate.

Nobodyman

Something's wrong with the flow of time. Better call The Doctor.

"Something bizarre is happening."

Well, I mean, you know what show you're in.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"The world is not working the way it should!"
When has it ever on this show?

Pizza arrives at your house 30 minutes before it's even ordered!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Are we predicting what we're going to say before we say it again?

Step into the court of the Crimson Ki--err, Emperor.

Bucciarati, wake up! This is no time to reenact the Aeon Flux title sequence!

Nobodyman

Looks like Fugo's the only holdout. That's alright, he was the most boring one anyway.

So they've gone from working for the mob to fighting against it. Quite the shift for the second half.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts