C&C - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "Shining D (Diamond) is Unbreakable, Part 1" [5/25]

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Toonami2018-_Main_Template.png
8UvPUvb.png

Opening theme: “Great Days” by Karen Aoki and Daisuke Hasegawa (Bites The Dust Version)
Ending theme: “I Want You” by Savage Garden

Characters

Hayato Kawajiri
Voiced by: Laura Stahl
The son of Kosaku Kawajiri, the man who Kira killed and stole the identity of. He’s a quiet boy who has a strained relationship with his parents. Upon discovering the Stray Cat plant and overhearing Kira muttering to himself, Hayato realized the man now living with his father’s face isn’t really his father, and is set out to prove it. However, Kira caught onto his plan and, upon gaining the ability of Bites the Dust, placed Hayato into a time-loop that will continually reset any time either he tries to tell someone about Kira or someone finds out through his actions.

zYVjaiw.jpg

Josuke Higashikata
Voiced by: Billy Kametz
Stand: Shining Diamond (JP: Crazy Diamond)
Ability: Strength, Speed, Precision, and Restoration
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - D / Durability - B / Precision - B / Developmental Potential - C
Namesake: “Shine on You Crazy Diamond” (Pink Floyd song)
Josuke is a high school student in the small Japanese town of Morioh, a kind teenager towards those he cares about and a badass toward those who get him angry (especially when insulting his hair). The son of Joseph Joestar from an affair, Josuke was tracked down by Jotaro to inform him of being included in Joseph’s will, but is now caught up in the family business of dealing with bizarre threats. More recently, he is now on the hunt for a serial killer lurking in Morioh who murdered his friend Shigechi. Josuke’s Stand, Crazy Diamond, fits his personality to a T, being a destructive force similar to Star Platinum, but also capable of compassion by healing as well. However, it cannot heal Josuke, cannot revive the dead or heal illness. Also, if Josuke tries to “fix” something while upset, it may come out looking a bit weird.

dT6FAWN.jpg

Koichi Hirose
Voiced by: Zach Aguilar
Stand: Reverb (JP: Echoes)
Ability: Sound Generation, Sound Effect, and 3 Freeze
Stats: Destructive Power - E (ACT 1) C (ACT 2) B (ACT 3)/ Speed - E (ACT 1) D (ACT 2) B (ACT 3)/ Range - B (ACTs 1 & 2) C (ACT 3)/ Durability - B / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - A
Namesake: The Hirose River (a river in Sendai, Hirohiko Araki’s hometown and the real life basis for Morioh) / “Echoes” (song by Pink Floyd)
A classmate of Josuke, Koichi is friendly and courageous, polite towards others, and possesses a gentle heart. This allows him to see the good side of people, even his girlfriend Yukako, who thought kidnapping and holding him hostage was a romantic gesture. Unique among Stands, his Stand, Reverb, can alternate between three different “Acts”, each progressively more powerful than the last. ACT 1 can generate physical words that can be used to create sounds (examples include creating a simulated dial sound to use a payphone or influencing someone to believe Koichi). ACT 2 takes this one step further by creating physical sound effects that create an effect similar to the sound produced when touched (such as the word “hot” creating a hot surface). The strongest, ACT 3, his the ability “3 Freeze”, which greatly increases the weight of whatever it punches.

uB8IC1c.png

Okuyasu Nijimura
Voiced by: Jalen K. Cassell
Stand: The Hand
Ability: Elimination
Stats: Destructive Power - B / Speed - B / Range - D / Durability - C / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - C
Namesake: The Band (band)
Okuyasu Nijimura met Josuke under rocky circumstances involving his brother Keicho, but they’ve become fast friends. He’s not too smart, but has a strong heart. His Stand, The Hand, is an extremely dangerous one capable of erasing space with its hand and closing the gap between, with its user having no knowledge where the erased material goes. While this Stand seems overpowered, it’s balanced out by the fact that Okuyasu is an idiot.

EuHPwYt.jpg

Rohan Kishibe
Voiced by: Vic Mignogna
Stand: Heaven’s Door
Abilities: Book Transmutation, Memory Removal, Written-In Commands
Stats: Destructive Power - D / Speed - B / Range - B / Durability - B / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - A
Namesakes: “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” (Bob Dylan song)
Rohan Kishibe is a manga artist, passionate and dedicated to his craft, with his wish being to have as many people as possible experience his work. As a teenager, he became the author of the popular Shonen Jump series, “Pink Dark Boy”, which Koichi is a fan of. For those who do manage to meet the man himself, they’ll find he is generally unpleasant to be around, being rather arrogant and impolite towards others. He actively seeks new experiences and information, in an effort to gain inspiration for his manga. His Stand, “Heaven’s Door”, helps him do this by turning a person into a living book of sorts, with their skin peeling away like pages to reveal written information detailing their life, including their darkest secrets. Rohan can also write information on the inside to make someone do what he wants, or to erase their memory of an event.

cTFe2yt.jpg

Jotaro Kujo
Voiced by: Matthew Mercer
Stand: Star Platinum The World
Abilities: Strength, Speed, Precision, and Time Stop
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - C / Durability - A / Precision - A / Developmental Potential - A
Namesakes: The Star and The World (tarot cards)
The previous JoJo, Jotaro Kujo was a high school student when his grandfather Joseph took him on a global trek from Japan to Egypt in order to take down the vampire DIO, who had been a plague on his family’s bloodline for over a century. On the journey, he came to learn and master his Stand, Star Platinum, eventually gaining the same time-stopping abilities as DIO’s own Stand, The World, which he used to put an end to the demon once and for all. Now, a decade later, Jotaro is a marine biologist, and was helping his grandfather put together his will, when the discovery of his illegitimate son Josuke brought Jotaro to the small town of Morioh. Currently, he is helping to deal with an elusive killer with an extremely dangerous Stand. Jotaro’s Stand, Star Platinum, has amazing strength, speed, and precision, which on its own makes it one of the most powerful Stands around. On top of this, with its added ability The World, which Jotaro learned during his fight with DIO, he can stop time for a second.

RSRv3MT.jpg

Yoshikage Kira
Voiced by: D.C. Douglas
Stand: Deadly Queen (JP: Killer Queen)
Ability: Bomb Transmutation and Bites the Dust
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - B / Range - D / Durability - B / Precision - B / Developmental Potential - A
Namesakes: “Killer Queen” (song by Queen) / “Another One Bites the Dust” (song by Queen)
Yoshikage Kira was an office worker who lead the most ordinary life possible, something he intentionally strived for in order to maintain a quiet peaceful lifestyle. This facade he had created masked his true nature, a serial killer with a sexual fixation on women’s hands, and he will go to any lengths to hide it and eliminate those who discover it. He maintained this cover for decades, until a run-in with (and subsequent murdering of) Shigechi brought him to the attention of Morioh’s Stand community. After they uncovered his name, he managed to change his appearance and successfully took on the identity of another man, Kosaku Kawajiri, as well as his family. His Stand, Deadly Queen, has the power to turn any surface into a bomb which detonates when someone touches it, vaporizing the victim to the atomic level with an explosion completely silent to those around them. After being stabbed by the Arrow a second time, Kira has gained the additional ability of “Bites the Dust”, a time bomb which can reverse time to one hour prior to its detonation. Kira has placed this bomb on Hayato, trapping him in a temporal loop that resets any time he reveals, by choice or not, who Kira is.

AHF_AV.png

Yoshihiro Kira
Voiced by: Steve Kramer
Stand: Heart Father (JP: Atom Heart Father)
Ability: Supernatural Photography
Stats: Destructive Power - E / Speed - E / Range - Null / Durability - A / Precision - E / Developmental Potential - E
Namesake: “Atom Heart Mother” (song/album by Pink Floyd)
Yoshihiro is the father of Yoshikage, an elderly man who passed away several years ago. However, his spirit never departed, with his love for his son and concern that Yoshikage’s murderous tendencies would eventually catching up to him keeping him bound to the land of the living. To this end, he possesses one of the Stand-granting Arrows, which gave both him and his son abilities. Yoshihiro’s Stand, Heart Father, takes the form of a polaroid camera; Yoshihiro exists in whatever the latest image taken by the photo is, sealing off the area within the photo and allowing him to manipulate objects shown in the photo. If anyone attempts to destroy one of these images, it will kill anyone shown within the photo. However, Jotaro managed to trap Yoshihiro within a photo of himself, essentially negating his Stand. But Yoshihiro still managed to escape with the Arrow, determined to make a slew of new Stand users to distract Josuke and his friends from tracking down Yoshikage.

ca440173-a8c8-4f21-93c7-72f8dce8460d.png

Tama
Stand: Stray Cat
Abilities: Reincarnation, Plant/Cat Constitution, Aerokinesis
Stats: Destructive Power - B / Speed - E / Range - Null (within line of sight) / Durability - A / Precision - E / Developmental Potential - C
Namesake: Stray Cats (rockabilly band)
Tama was originally a blue British Shorthair cat who lived his life as a stray. One day, he was stabbed in the neck by the Arrow, and shortly after found his way to the basement of the Kawajiri residence. However, after a run-in with Shinobu, he was accidentally killed and buried in the backyard. The next day, strangely, a flower sprouted on his grave, which turned out to be Tama reincarnated as a Stand, Stray Cat. Now being a Stand (though visible to non-Stand users), his ability is the power to create pressurized air bubbles that are fast and deadly, but completely invisible. He initially reacted with murderous intent towards Shinobu, recognizing her as the person who killed him, and attacked Kira when he attempted to protect her. But he eventually took a liking to Kira, who put him in the attic and brings him cat food. Now Hayato is attempting to use him as a weapon against Kira.

r2LFYZj.png

Episode 37 (111)
“Shining D (Diamond) is Unbreakable, Part 1”
Chapters adapted: 426-430

Previously on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure:
Hayato tried to avoid meeting Rohan, only to discover the events that occurred last time will still happen even without him being there, which resulted in Rohan's death by Bites the Dust's explosion. When Josuke's group arrived at the scene shortly afterwards, Hayato attempted to kill himself to avoid being found out. However, he was stopped by Deadly Queen, who set off Bites the Dust in Josuke and the others and once again returned Hayato to the start of the morning.

Realizing that he could only stop Kira by either killing him or forcing him to undo Bites the Dust, Hayato hid Stray Cat in his backpack, and launched a surprise attack on Kira when he followed him later in the morning. However, because of a slight alteration of events due to Hayato's actions, Kira managed to protect himself from Stray Cat's attack with a watch he had put in his jacket.

Now:
Just as all hope seems lost, a combination of Hayato’s planning and Kira’s own overconfidence results in one last alteration that may finally break the time loop.

JOJO'S JUKEBOX

This week’s Jukebox song is “Under Pressure” by Queen and David Bowie.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 46 of the Japanese manga release.
  • The first BD/DVD set for Diamond is Unbreakable (covering episodes 1-20) is releasing July 2nd from Viz Media. Parts 1-3 are currently available.
  • Viz is now releasing the Part 4 manga, with the first volume (covering Japanese volumes 29 and 30) now available and the second volume (covering Japanese volumes 31 and 32) releasing on August 6th. The manga for Parts 1-3 are also currently available in both hardcover and on Viz’s Shonen Jump app.
  • Please, no spoilers about upcoming events and future arcs. If you’d like to discuss Part 5, Golden Wind, there’s a discussion thread on the Anime board.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Previously on JJBA: Junior's gonna take you down Kira...or...not?

Aaaaand that's what you get for monologueing, Kira.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
God I love Kiras VA so standard 50s father

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Nobodyman

To think the ingenious Kira would be undone by a kid.

Oh, no special opening this time.

Rohan didn't explode this time!

White hot intensity of a thousand suns? Isn't that from Fairly Oddparents?

No Stray Cat! Bad kitty!

FLCL Prog and Alt subbed. You know...for the five of you who wanted to see that.

How do these guys not hear the battle that's going on what seems like 20 feet away from them?

Last edited:

Nobodyman

You won't escape with you life this time, but you may escape without your life.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Hayato would make a strong stand users

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Nobodyman

Damn. Poor Hayato has basically died twice now.

But yeah, he has officially earned his spot as one of the most badass kids in all of anime.

So Araki's apparently a football fan.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
He stomped the cat last week but it's okay and inside the wha...

How did they not hear the shouting around the corner?!

If Hayato had a stand, its name would be Guts.

Joe Montana? How old is Kira again? :p

Radical

Banned
Episode 111 Part 1 was sweet,

The final battle with Yoshikage Kira begins, I'll enjoy it next to the final battles with Dio/Kars, its getting close to the season finale:D.

Hayato best awesome smart kid/best new ally to secretly call Josuke to battle Yoshikage, go Hayato:anime:.

Rohan prevented from being killed, I'm glad Rohan is safe.

Yoshikage retrieving Stray Cat to easily damage poor Okuyasu was underhanded, Yoshikage Kira anime's biggest scumbag ever next to Myotismon/Akihiro Kurata, Blackbeard/Admiral Akainu/Spandam/Spandine, Dio/Kars/Rudol Von Stroheim, Light Yagami, Miyo Takano/Shion, Prime Minister Honest/Syura/Kurome, and Isabella(The Promised Neverland).

From Hayato, poor Okuyasu to be turned into a bomb, yikes:ack:.

Poor Josuke's tough decision to sacrifice himself to save Okuyasu.

Josuke's great retreat to a nearby house with Hayato/Okuyasu, intense cliffhanger.

Cool seeing Attack on Titan season 3 returning, I'll enjoy its second part.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Storm knocked out my Wi-Fi last night.

Last time: Jim Henson’s Groundhog Day Babies!

I’d have taken that hat with you. Maybe that would have done something.

No thanks. You’re doing that all by yourself.

He phoned a friend as a lifeline. 50/50 wasn’t working out for him.

That’s the thing about reruns. You already know going to happen.

And the cartoonist lives.

I wasn’t running away, honest. I just didn’t want to fight.

And worse, he’s got a sick hand fetish.

Dude, Josuke’s beating up your dad.

Eww, don’t turn his crotch into a bomb!

Man, cats are jerks. Even cat plants.

“For the moment, I thought I heard Josuke, but I guess it was just the rain.”
When could rain scream like that?

“Time for you to explode.”
What a strange line.

Maybe we should give you a doll and have you point out where you touched him.

Does this hurt you? You’re not touching him.

For a kid who only learned about stands a day or two ago, he sure knows a lot.

…please don’t do that ever again.

It’s so irritating that you know how to heal people.

Okuyasu? Wakey wakey eggs and bakey?

49ers Joe Montana or Chiefs Joe Montana?

DEADMAN WONDERLAND NO JUTSU~!

HE’S DEAD DAMMIT! FORGET HIM AND MOVE ON!

Gunpower, gelatine...bet he’s dynamite with a laser beam.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The idea is that it's supposed to be raining while the scene is going on, thus causing it to drown out Josuke's yells. Yeah, without the context of it raining, the scene just doesn't work.
So because of the rain they couldn't hear the shouting or explosions nor could they sense Kira's blood lust...

Joe Montana retired in 1994, only 5 years before this show is set. That doesn't make him that old.
My bad. Forgot it's set back then.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts