C&C - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "Lisa Lisa, Hamon Coach" [2/11]

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Sep 30, 2005
Ratings
126 2
The Grid

Characters

Joseph Joestar
Voiced by: Benjamin Diskin
Joseph is Jonathan’s grandson, and while he looks like his grandfather, the similarities stop there. Joseph is a trickster, far less honorable and constantly scheming ways to humiliate his opponents. But it’s this scheming nature where his intelligence shines through, as he is usually able to predict his opponent’s moves and nature just by observing them. He has now found himself at the front stage of the revival of millenias-old demi-gods, and may be the only thing standing between them and dominion over the human race.

Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli
Namesake: Led Zeppelin (band)
Voiced by: Bryce Pappenbrook
The grandson of William Zeppeli, Caesar is a ladies’ man, hot-blooded, arrogant, and prideful of his heritage. This pride puts him at odds with Joseph, especially over the circumstances surrounding the death of Baron Zeppeli. But he is also protective of those close to him, as the death of his friend Mark has pushed him to seek revenge against the Pillar Men.

Robert E.O. Speedwagon
Namesake: REO Speedwagon (band)
Voiced by: Keith Silverstein
Following Jonathan’s death, Speedwagon set out west for America and struck it rich in the oil industry. With his newfound wealth, he built the Speedwagon Foundation, an organization which secretly investigates the paranormal and is dedicated towards assisting the Joestar family in whatever way possible.

Kars
Namesake: The Cars (band)
Voiced by: Will Barrett
The leader of the Pillar Man and the inventor of the Stone Masks. He seeks the Red Stone of Aja, which will unlock great power within them. With his “Light Mode”, he can produce blades from his body which refract blinding light, with sharp tiny claws along the edge moving faster than any chainsaw.

Esidisi
Namesake: ACDC (band)
Voiced by: Chris Jai Alex
The second-in-command of the Pillar Men, Esidisi is a master tactician. With his “Fire Mode”, he can raise his body temperature up to 500 degrees celsius, making his blood capable of melting most substances.

Wamuu
Namesake: Wham (band)
Voiced by: Paul St. Peter
The youngest of the Pillar Men trio, Wamuu holds a great deal of respect for his masters as they took him in as an infant. Wamuu enjoys engaging in combat more than his masters, while also possessing a code of honor that they don’t share. With his “Wind Mode”, Wamuu can manipulate the air around him, performing such feats as making himself invisible and creating a razor sharp cyclone known as his “Divine Sandstorm” with his arms.

Episode 16
"Lisa Lisa, Hamon Coach"
Chapters adapted: 71-75​

Last time
Having vowed revenge against the Pillar Men for killing Mark, Caesar began to attack them with his Hamon Bubbles. However, the Pillar Men thought little of his efforts, only sparing him because Whamuu was curious about the Hamon user’s future potential. With the assumption that Caesar was the only Hamon user around, they started to depart, but were interrupted by Joseph. Whamuu elected to stay behind to face off against JoJo; however, it wasn’t until Joseph was able to strike Whamuu with a clacker that the Pillar Man started to take his opponent seriously.

Whamuu unleashed his Divine Sandstorm, a destructive wind vortex that shreds anything in its path, which knocked Joseph to the ground, seemingly dead. However, playing dead allowed Joseph enough time to crawl over to a nearby mine cart, which irritated Whamuu to the point where he ran off after Joseph, leading him away from Caesar and Speedwagon. After a ride down the tunnel, Whamuu knocked Joseph down again, prepared to kill him. However, with some quick thinking, Joseph bluffed that if Whamuu gave him just another month to train, he would be a more worthy opponent.

While Joseph had hoped that this would cause the Pillar Man to simply leave him, Whamuu not only agrees to this proposition, but also decides to give some insurance that Joseph wouldn’t just run away, by shoving a wedding ring around part of his heart, which will dissolve in one month unless Joseph can defeat Whamuu and get the antidote in his lip ring. To add insult to injury, Esidisi does the same, placing a ring around Joseph’s windpipe, with the antidote being in his nose ring. As the Pillar Men leave, Joseph falls into despair, realizing he now has no choice but to soon confront the Aztec Supermen in battle.

This week
In serious need of Hamon training, Caesar takes Joseph to Venice, where they'll meet with his mentor, the Hamon master Lisa Lisa.

JOJO'S JUKEBOX

This week’s song is “Can You Feel the Beat” by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam.

Notes:
  • The manga chapters which this episode covers can be found in Battle Tendency volume 2, presently available in hardcover from Viz Media.
  • The first season of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, covering the first 26 episodes, is available on DVD from Warner Home Video. A Blu-Ray set from Viz Media will be released later this year.
  • Please, no spoilers about upcoming events and future arcs.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?