Opening theme: ”Stand Proud” by Jin Hashimoto
Ending theme: “Walk Like an Egyptian” by The Bangles
Characters
q5KsBep.jpg

Jotaro Kujo
Voiced by: Matthew Mercer
Stand: Star Platinum
Ability: Strength and Precision
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - C / Durability - A / Precision - A / Developmental Potential - A
Namesake: The Star (tarot card)
Joseph’s grandson, Jotaro isn’t one for displaying his emotions and is a man of few words, but deep down has a gentle heart and will protect anybody close to him, especially if he has to beat the crap out of someone. Recently, he gained a mysterious power known as a Stand, his being a powerful one with incredible precision and strength. With his Stand, Star Platinum, he’s now on a journey to Egypt to take down DIO and save his mother.

crMKrBK.jpg

Joseph Joestar
Voiced by: Richard Epcar
Stand: Hermit Purple
Ability: Divination and Hamon
Stats: Destructive Power - D / Speed - C / Range - D / Durability - A / Precision - D / Developmental Potential - E
Namesake: The Hermit (tarot card)
Joseph Joestar once saved the world nearly 50 years ago, but since then retired from his Hamon training and became a real estate tycoon in America. However, after gaining his Stand, he sprung back into action once discovering that the evil DIO, who had taken his grandfather’s life, had reemerged from his hundred-year slumber. Alongside his grandson Jotaro, his friend Avdol, and high schooler Kakyoin, Joseph is now in a race against time to defeat DIO and remove the curse afflicting his daughter Holly. Joseph’s Stand allows him to use spirit photography to help guide the Crusaders on their journey, as well as enhance his own Hamon abilities.

xAEeN0B.jpg

Noriaki Kakyoin
Voiced by: Kyle Hebert
Stand: Hierophant Green
Abilities: Coiled body, marionette control, and Emerald Splash
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - B / Range - A / Durability - B / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - D
Namesakes: Kakyoin (neighborhood in Sendai, Japan) / The Hierophant (tarot card)
Kakyoin originally worked for DIO, having been brainwashed by the vampire while on a family trip to Egypt, but was saved by Jotaro. Being a righteous individual determined to rid the world of evil and to repay his debt to Jotaro, Kakyoin has joined the quest to defeat DIO. He possesses a stand that can unravel itself like rope and fire emerald-like projectiles.

4GGVBhR.jpg

Jean Pierre Polnareff
Voiced by: Doug Erholtz
Stand: Silver Chariot
Abilities: Speed and sword combat
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - A / Range - C / Durability - B / Precision - B / Developmental Potential - C
Namesakes: Jean-Paul Belmondo (actor) / Michel Polnareff (musician) / The Chariot (tarot card)
Polnareff is a chivalrous Frenchman who met the Crusaders in Hong Kong. He was initially a minion of DIO but, like Kakyoin, was rescued from the brainwashing that had been placed on him. He had joined the group to avenge his sister, who was killed by the evil Stand user Centerfold. But after defeating his target, he continues onward with them to Egypt to end DIO’s evil reign and ensure no one else has to suffer. His Stand, Silver Chariot, is able to attack its enemies with high-speed swordplay.

ty7Wezj.jpg

Mannish Boy
Voiced by: Tara Sands
Stand: Death 13
Abilities: Dream World Control
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - C / Range - E / Durability - B / Precision - D / Developmental Potential - B
Namesakes: Mannish Boy (Muddy Waters song) / Death (tarot card)
Mannish Boy is a genius, nigh impossibly so; despite being less than a year old, he has the mind of an adult, only acting like a baby to avoid suspicion. It is through this that he has manifested a dangerous Stand, Death 13. His Stand has no power over the waking world, but whoever falls asleep near Mannish Boy will be drawn into a dream realm designed like a giant carnival, where Death 13 has total dominance and any injury inflicted on its victims will be transferred to their body in the real world, including death. Even Stand users aren’t safe, as they’re unable to summon their Stands within the dream world unless they fall asleep with their Stand activated first. But even if one were to figure this trick within the dream world, as soon as they awaken, all memory of the dream realm disappears from their thoughts until the next time they enter it, at which point they are once more at the mercy of Death 13…

shadow-dio-transparent.png

DIO
Voiced by: Patrick Seitz
Namesake: DIO (Band)
Stand: ???
In the early 1880’s, a lower-class orphan by the name of Dio Brando was taken in by the upper-class Joestar family. With resentment for those of higher social status than him, Dio spent the next 7 years planning to take out the heir to the Joestar family, Jonathan Joestar, and claim its fortune. However, caught at a critical time in his plan, Dio used an ancient artifact the Joestars owned to become a vampire and began a new plot for world domination. Jonathan, along his friends, fought back against Dio, ending in a confrontation on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic which cost Jonathan’s life and sent Dio to a supposed watery grave. However, nearly a hundred years later, he was recovered by an unsuspecting group of treasure hunters, and given life anew in the modern age! Having gained possession of a mysterious Stand ability, the being now known simply as “DIO” wraps his insidious grasp around the world through agents also possessing Stands, in the resurrection of his plot to end the Joestar bloodline and dominate humanity! Jonathan’s body has manifested a Stand similar to Joseph’s Hermit Purple which allows DIO to monitor the Stardust Crusaders, but DIO’s own Stand is something more mysterious and far more terrifying.

jjba-stardust-crusaders-punishment-time.jpg

Episode 20 (46)
“Death 13, Part 2"

Chapters adapted: 171-174
Previously on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure:
Kakyoin had a nightmare where he was in an abandoned amusement park with a dog. Suddenly, the Death tarot card appeared in his hand, the image of which attacked him and killed the dog. Kakyoin then awoke, screaming, before being told by Polnareff that they were about to depart. However, Kakyoin found his hand had been cut, and a dog outside had been murdered in an identical way to the one in his dream.
Joseph attempted to argue for a plane rental, but the only one available was already about to take off to deliver an orphaned baby, Mannish Boy, to a nearby hospital. Joseph (after being guilt tripped into it) offered to deliver the baby for them, and they took off with the baby in tow. Onboard the plane, Kakyoin and Polnareff fell asleep, and soon found themselves in the same amusement park Kakyoin had dreamt of earlier. Kakyoin attempted to warn Polnareff of the danger, but Polnareff took it lightly until Death 13 appeared. It was then that the two men discovered they couldn’t summon their Stands within the dream. Before Death 13 could kill Polnareff, Joseph woke him up to change the baby’s diaper (immediately erasing his memory of the dream), leaving Kakyoin alone.
As Death Thirteen revealed itself to be the Stand of Mannish Boy, Kakyoin cut his own arm, knowing he wouldn’t remember this revelation when he woke. As he did this, he thrashed about in his sleep, which caused Joseph to crash the plane. Later that night, the team set up camp to prepare for rescue. It was then that Kakyoin saw that he has cut the words "Baby Stand" into his arm, which led him to realize that the child they have been taking with them was their attacker.

Now:
Kakyoin tries in vain to convince the others that the baby is a Stand user, but when the others fall asleep, he may be the only one who can save them from Death 13.

JOJO'S JUKEBOX

This week’s Jukebox song is the main theme to “A Nightmare on Elm Street”, composed by Charles Bernstein.

Notes:
  • Since I wasn’t around to post it last week, the Dead Dog Count is now up to 5.
  • The manga chapters which this episode covers can be found in Stardust Crusaders volume 5, presently available in hardcover from Viz Media. Alternatively, they can also be found in volumes 6 and 7 of the older paperback releases.
  • The first season of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, covering the first 26 episodes, is now available on Bluray from Viz Media and on DVD from Warner Home Video.
  • Please, no spoilers about upcoming events and future arcs. Seriously.

Last edited:

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Tonight: the problems that I have with this story line will become apparent.

Also,
how will censors handle the most iconic scene of this arc?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: I'm the baby, gotta fight me!

It's gotten worse. Now he's started cutting himself.

A scorpion. This problem may very well solve itself.

Nobodyman

Yeah, sure kid. Go ahead and kill the only adults around you, leaving you stranded in the desert. Great plan.

Crapbaskets? Hey, that's Gohan's line!

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
So Araki asked to himself(what would happen if I would combined Pennywise and Freddy Krueger)

Also Joseph is pretty good at dealing with babies

DID THAT BABY SAY CRAPBASKETS

Nobodyman

"I'm not crazy! The baby's crazy! The world's crazy! The government's crazy!"

MasterofRoku

When you think about it, killing the gang in the desert might be a bad idea since you're not even close to civilization. You could get attacked by things worse than scorpions...

Nobodyman

Uh, Star Platinum, I'm not sure this phrase has ever been used so accurately, but...quit hitting yourself.

Green Hierophant gon' F you up.

And for some reason Kakyoin has silver hair.

Violence against infants has never been so amusing.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Nine, ten, don't trust babies again...

Now who would use the Force to choke a baby?

I hope you like nightmare worlds!

Oh, he's not doing what I think he's doing to that baby...is he?

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Uh, Star Platinum, I'm not sure this phrase has ever been used so accurately, but...quit hitting yourself.

Green Hierophant gon' F you up.

And for some reason Kakyoin has silver hair.

Violence against infants has never been so amusing.
Unless its Stewie Griffin.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts