Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 6]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 2]
Voiced by: Erica Mendez
Gon is a young boy from Whale Island who became a Hunter to venture the world and find his father. His quest eventually led him to meet a Hunter named Kite and become involved with a battle against a destructive species known as Chimera Ants. The war against the Ants was long with many casualties, including Kite, which drove Gon to the breaking point in which he sacrificed his ability to use Nen to gain a temporary boost of power strong enough to take out one of the Ant King’s Royal Guard. In the aftermath, he has fallen into a coma with life-threatening injuries.
Voiced by: Christina Vee
Killua is the youngest son of the Zoldycks, a family of assassins known the world over. After meeting Gon, the two quickly became best friends and he followed alongside Gon at every turn of his journey. He also overcame personal obstacles in the fight against the Chimera Ants, but became incredibly distraught as he gradually saw how damaged his friend had become at the same time. With Gon now hospitalized, Killua is seeking out any way he can to heal his friend, even if it means rekindling some old family ties.
Voiced by: Keith Silverstein
An intimidating and mysterious character, Hisoka is bloodthirsty and willing to kill whoever he has to in order to advance his questionable goals. For a long time, his primary target has been the Phantom Troupe’s leader, Chrollo Lucifer, whom Hisoka wishes to fight to the death. After the battle in Yorknew, however, Chrollo was left unable to use Nen thanks to Kurapika and went into exile until he could recover it. Since then, Hisoka has been obsessed with finding where Chrollo had run off to, an obsession that left him M.I.A. during the Chimera Ant incident. With strong Hunters from around the world gathering for the election, Hisoka has reemerged and is catching up on the events he missed, including Gon’s current condition.
A group of strong Hunters who were appointed by Netero to act as his counselors (and sparring partners), including deciding who will fill in to replace him.
(Detailed bios in spoiler box, listed left to right):
- Pariston Hill (Kyle McCarley) - The Rat and current Vice Chairman, Pariston is incredibly charismatic and enjoys playing games, even concerning serious situations. At the same time, he’s sly and corrupt, allegedly being indirectly involved in the disappearance of 18 hunters over the past three years.
- Mizaistom Nana (Armen Taylor) - The Ox and a Double-Star Crime Hunter, Mizaistom is a silent observer who thinks before he acts. He is very analytical and sticks to a rigid moral code, acting as the conscious of the Zodiacs.
- Kanzai (Alejandro Saab) - The Tiger and a Treasure Hunter, Kanzai is very short-tempered and impulsive, often getting into arguments with others. He’s also rather ignorant about certain things, lending to his childlike behavior.
- Pyon (Kayli Mills) - The Rabbit and a Paleograph Hunter, Pyon is laid-back and usually seen on her phone. She’s also very resourceful and can even be manipulative if need be.
- Botobai Gigante (Jason Marnocha) - The Dragon and a Terrorist Hunter, Botobai is a collected man and rarely loses his temper. As a Terrorist Hunter, he specializes in geopolitics, legal affairs, and military operations.
- Gel (Maureen Price) - The Snake and a Poison Hunter, Gel is a calm and reflective woman, as well as quite reasonable, generally showing no hostility towards others, with the exception of Pariston. She appears to have the ability to turn her arm into a snake.
- Saccho Kobayakawa - The Horse and a Double-Star Problem Hunter, Saccho is a calm and collected man, who often considers the implications and downsides of a scenario in detail.
- Ginta - The Sheep and a Poacher Hunter, Ginta is a very emotional man, being the only one of the Zodiacs to openly cry over Netero’s death, and also short-tempered, such as his outburst of rage at the idea of Pariston becoming Chairman. But he is also observant, knowing full well that Hisoka only attended the voting to gauge the powers of the other Hunters.
- Cluck (Jeannie Tirado) - The Chicken and a Botanical Hunter, Cluck is short-tempered and blunt, and she is unafraid to voice her discontent. When enraged, she tends to repeat herself and to yell at people to "shut up".
- Saiyu (Christopher Bevins) - The Monkey and a Blacklist Hunter, Saiyu is direct in his manner and speech, not afraid to be rude or unkind towards people like Pariston and Ging. He can summon a staff which can grow and shrink in size.
- Cheadle Yorkshire (Cherami Leigh) - The Dog and a Triple-Star Disease Hunter, Cheadle is a calm and intellectual person, with a well-defined moral compass. She is very practical minded and generally collected, though she will snap at people like Ging who are too carefree.
- Ging Freecss (Marc Diraison) - The Boar and a Double-Star Ruins Hunter, Ging is shy and stubborn, but has a childlike enthusiasm, being carefree and eccentric. No matter how impossible something may seem, Ging always goes for a goal, making sure to enjoy the journey along the way. Due to his constant travels, and his own personality, Ging hasn’t seen Gon since his son was a baby. But he has left various clues along the way, preparing Gon for the day they’ll eventually meet.
"Request × And × Wish"
Chapters adapted: 321-322
Killua returns home, seeking to meet with his mysterious sibling.
- Starting this week, Hunter x Hunter will be airing at 3am.
- The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 31 of the manga release.
- Episodes 1-99 are currently available across five Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media. The two movies, “Phantom Rouge” and “The Last Mission”, are also now available.
- Yes, I finally brought back the character bios.