Latest News

Sep 30, 2005
Ratings
123 2
The Grid
Toonami2018-_Main_Template.png Toonami2018-_Hunter_XHunter.png

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%252520106%252520-%252520Large%25252013%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Episode 106
"Knov × and × Morel"
Chapters adapted: 251-253

This time:
Knov and Palm infiltrate the palace.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 24 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-75 are currently available across four Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

Radical

The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
276 1
Lacey,Washington
Episode 106 was pretty sweet,

Previous episode: Komugi is amazing and Mereum's sick way of an apology by ripping off his own arm, yikes/ick.

Knov's abilities were pretty cool like that Scream ability.

Knov succeeding his mission entering the palace going past the palace's security was great, poor Knov to lose his shoes though.

Poor Knov fearing the Royal Guard's dark scary aura and to not want to be tortured by Neferpitou, the Royal Guards are really powerful/dangerous.

Love that cute Chibi Neferpitou scene.

Poor Knov's mental break down was sad, but cool that he cares for Palm and her safety though.

Cool to see Palm, love her new cute sexy non-creepy look, nice she bees an anti-heroine on beating Mereum/the Chimera Ants.

Bizeff, terrible unlikable scumbag who joins with Happosai, Nobuyuki(Oberon), and Gauche, he'll be defeated and those poor women will be saved.

Palm to manipulate Bizeff to take him down was sweet, go Palm.

Morel vs. Leol, I'll enjoy this great fight, finally they will show Leol's cool abilities, great cliffhanger.

A shame Biscuit left as much as she's awesome/helpful and would've joined Gon and crew to defeat Mereum/the Chimera Ants.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
236 5
Seems like Knov was playing a cross between Metal Gear Solid and Portal. Seem him teleport the head of a chimera ant away from a body was a cool move. Hope Morel vs. Leon will be cool. Seems like Morel is getting most of the action lately. Seems like Knuckle hasn't done much of note since the fight with Gon. Knov's mental breakdown was quite a scene.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Knov's attempts to sneak in through the castle were pretty cool. He was clearly on his guard the whole time and exhausted, but also relatively calm throughout most of it. I wondered why he didn't teleport his shoes away. I know that he didn't want to leave a trail of blood behind him, but wouldn't leaving his shoes behind also clue in the Royal Guards that something was wrong? I kept expecting Knov to die, but he got away faster than I expected.

So they're using Palm in order to possibly spy on the King's every movement with her power. It makes sense, but it is a really risky move given how strong the Royal Guards and the King are. Not to mention Bizeff is a huge creep who takes in women to his own secret area. I'm not even sure why the women would be happy to be chosen unless they really needed shelter. Knov's breakdown was pretty sad. He has always been the cool, calm and collected person, but seeing their auras just broke him down. Gon and Killua only had to deal with Neferpitou, while Knov probably felt the auras of the King with his Royal Guards. I was surprised that he seemingly cares about Palm. I thought that he was more annoyed by her and rightfully so I might add. I don't know if her role in the arc will make me like her, but I wonder if Knov will be able to fight now after seeing what they're really up against.

Morel fighting off against Leon should be a pretty cool fight. Leon's powers could make the fight more creative or interesting to watch. Although, I'm really starting to wonder when we're going to see Gon and Killua again. I don't dislike Knov and Morel. Morel seems pretty cool and Knov's breakdown helped to make him more sympathetic/interesting than I initially thought he would, but I just wonder when Gon and Killua will show up again. I've also been wondering where the heck Colt has been. He was one of the few Chimera Ants that was actually likable at the start of the arc, but he's practically disappeared. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,711 6
New York City
Knov's mental breakdown was quite a scene.
I feel bad for saying this, but when I read the manga, I recall enjoying the scene, since way back when he first met Gon and Killua, he had been so annoyingly dismissive. I guess now he'll know better than to underestimate them.

I'm not even sure why the women would be happy to be chosen unless they really needed shelter.
I think the implication is that since the ants need this slimy politician for human/ant interaction, that as long as they're chosen by him, they won't be killed either.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I think the implication is that since the ants need this slimy politician for human/ant interaction, that as long as they're chosen by him, they won't be killed either.
Oh, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if the women knew about what the Chimera Ants wanted to do. It's a pretty rough deal since they're basically his personal servants and can't even leave the area. Not to mention the politician probably won't keep their safety in mind.