126 2
The Grid

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Episode 101
"Ikalgo × and × Lightning"
Chapters adapted: 238-242

This time:
Killua confronts Ikalgo, but soon finds himself against the Ortho Siblings, who use their powers to turn Killua into a human dartboard!

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 23 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-75 are currently available across four Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

Radical

Deborah Bispo so epic and hot!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
279 1
Lacey,Washington
Episode 101 was pretty sweet,

Love Ikalgo, best funny Octopus Chimera Ant, he wants to be a cool squid was great/funny, hehehe:D:p, but his honor/loyalty on not betraying a friend on having guts to sacrifice himself was great, poor Ikalgo.

Killua sparing/saving poor Ikalgo loving his honor/loyalty calling him cool and wishing they could be friends was sweet/touching:).

Ikalgo will turn good after being saved by Killua.

Love the gigantic shark Chimera Ant, Killua easily destroying him was funny, hehehe.

Remora the small fish Chimera Ant to have the last laugh on Killua being the Ortho Siblings' target was clever.

Love the Ortho Siblings, best deadliest sadistic Chimera Ants, the pink Ortho Sister is so hot.LittleKuriboh as Ortho Brother, awesome.

Killua looks cool in a dart board-like scheme.

The Ortho Siblings' deadly 1-501 dart game beating poor Killua was intense, the first villains to almost beat Killua.

Love Gon/Meleoron's conversation, be sure you don't lie Meleoron, hehehehe, poor Meleoron.

Killua easily defeating the Ortho Siblings was awesome/satisfying, go Killua, Killua getting the upperhand on their darts was sweet/clever, so love Killua, best smartest Shonen Jump anti-hero ever:D.

Poor Killua losing blood was unsettling, but Ikalgo turning good being the best new ally saving poor Killua was awesome, love it when a Chimera Ant turns good:D.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
261 5
I do know that Death Parade's first episode had a very similar idea, but I think this chapter in the manga came first. Seeing blood squirt out of a 12 year old kid like that was pretty intense, but still not enough for HunterXHunter's first TV-MA? The graphic violence in this show is relatively infrequent, but gruesome when it happens. The fact that we've had more child deaths than any other shonen ever is notable. Intense episode and Killua can take punishment just as much as he can give.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. It was nice that Killua decided to spare Ikalgo after listening to him talk about his past life as an octopus. He doesn't have a problem with killing people, but he has become more emotional after spending time with Gon. On the other side, Gon also seemed to be more okay with killing the Chimera Ant if he did find out that he was lying. I still think that Gon being so easily trusting of others is going to backfire on him, but he also can kill most of the weaker Chimera Ants without too much trouble usually.

Killua's fight against the Ortho siblings was really intense. He was seemingly defenseless against their attacks and was covered in blood. His way of eliminating the impact from that last shot was pretty impressive and he was able to slice their heads off afterwards, but Killua was seriously injured. He was bleeding so much that I thought for a moment that he was about to die before Ikalgo came back to help him. It was nice that just that moment of kindness made Ikalgo turn traitor against the other Chimera Ants. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,761 6
New York City
I do know that Death Parade's first episode had a very similar idea, but I think this chapter in the manga came first. .
You'd be right; this chapter came out around 2005/2006!

I'm glad that @Light Lucario mentioned the contrast between Gon and Killua in this episode, something I think a lot of people missed. Normally, Gon is the kind member of the group, so seeing him in a darker mindset is interesting (and a sign of things to come...)

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,537 10
You'd be right; this chapter came out around 2005/2006!

I'm glad that @Light Lucario mentioned the contrast between Gon and Killua in this episode, something I think a lot of people missed. Normally, Gon is the kind member of the group, so seeing him in a darker mindset is interesting (and a sign of things to come...)
Its kinda funny Gon is kind but very unfettered while Killua is cynical and somewhat sinister but also somewhat fettered

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
261 5
something I think a lot of people missed. Normally, Gon is the kind member of the group, so seeing him in a darker mindset is interesting (and a sign of things to come...)
This isn't the first time we saw Gon take a darker turn in his personality. We saw him almost kill Morel during that "show me what you got" scene so his threat to kill Meleoran wasn't that out of left field.